British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn V Stoke Koc 19/06/13

Buster did a load of watering and track grading between heats 9 & 10. Look at the time for heat 9. As for Reade on T/R no Stoke rider was in the same postcode as Lambert after the 2nd bend. He really is a special talent.

Someone is going to ask this sooner later but is Lambert that far of being Elite League standard now? Let alone in 12 months time. Be interesting to see what others think

Buster did a load of watering and track grading between heats 9 & 10. Look at the time for heat 9. As for Reade on T/R no Stoke rider was in the same postcode as Lambert after the 2nd bend. He really is a special talent.

Someone is going to ask this sooner later but is Lambert that far of being Elite League standard now? Let alone in 12 months time. Be interesting to see what others think

Fair enough, just curious as to having a track grading break, then the interval in the next heat!

As for Lambert, it wouldn't hurt him to have a season or 2 in the PL. It did Tai Woffinden no harm, and not taking a season probably harmed Lewis Bridger in the long run.

Either way, he needs to ride more than just KL, or this whole experiment of him coming over seems a bit pointless.

• Like 3

Fair enough, just curious as to having a track grading break, then the interval in the next heat!

As for Lambert, it wouldn't hurt him to have a season or 2 in the PL. It did Tai Woffinden no harm, and not taking a season probably harmed Lewis Bridger in the long run.

Either way, he needs to ride more than just KL, or this whole experiment of him coming over seems a bit pointless.

Coming over?

Coming over?

Riding in Britain. He could quite easily have continued to ride on the continent against better riders, and come into the PL when he turned 16. Instead, he has made the choice to ride in Britain as well. Thus far he has ridden in 2 home meetings, while missing the Stoke away meeting. He needs to ride at more than just KL, or he is wasting his time. Unless of course he is on a financial package that puts the NL to shame.

Vog I wasn't suggesting Lambert should go Elite next season. Just opening up a debate to see if people think is already good enough. As for Wuffy didnt he guest quite a bit in the Elite while at Rye? Also think Darcy Ward rode for Belle Vue a few times in his one season in the Premier League

Vog I wasn't suggesting Lambert should go Elite next season. Just opening up a debate to see if people think is already good enough. As for Wuffy didnt he guest quite a bit in the Elite while at Rye? Also think Darcy Ward rode for Belle Vue a few times in his one season in the Premier League

I know, the debate is an interesting one. For me, he should follow the PL route. Holder, Ward and Woffinden all did it and look at them now. Take a season in the PL and guest towards the end of the season when he has that bit more experience in the UK.

Surely you aren't suggesting foul play!!!!!

It's a travesty that Lambert can ride in high level meetings in Germany but not here. !!!!

A special mention for Lewis Rose who has hit form running. He doesn't seem to get much coverage with the Lambert factor

'Coming over' is not really accurate considering we're talking about a Norfolk lad who goes to school in Norwich! And 'school' is the operative word - he's at school because he's 15 years of age (and only just at that!), so no issue of him being allowed to ride PL let alone EL!

A special mention for Lewis Rose who has hit form running. He doesn't seem to get much coverage with the Lambert factor

Quite agree - Lewis Rose is doing really well and deserves a great deal of credit.

'Coming over' is not really accurate considering we're talking about a Norfolk lad who goes to school in Norwich! And 'school' is the operative word - he's at school because he's 15 years of age (and only just at that!), so no issue of him being allowed to ride PL let alone EL!

Quite agree - Lewis Rose is doing really well and deserves a great deal of credit.

He has to be 16 to ride in the PL/EL ?

Well it is accurate in a riding sense. He was riding exclusively on the continent, and he has come over to this league. I would argue in that sense, it is perfectly accurate. As for the PL/EL argument, it was being discussed for next season, with the knowledge that he can't ride in higher leagues until he hits 16.

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Robert happened to only do home meetings all season, which would be an absolute travesty. When I heard he had been declared in the KL team, I was really looking forward to seeing him at Stoke, the fact that he wasn't there and no explanation given for that doesn't sit right with me.

No complaints from me at all. Awesome tonight all 7 of the riders

That just brings me onto the King's Lynn riders :lol: only kidding.

Tonight, I have no doubt some of the PL teams would of had a tough night against the Young Stars, they were just bang on form

The way this tie has panned out, I guess, shows that KLYS can get through with Robert just riding the home legs!!!

Not a chance. Stoke are a terrible team away from home, and had been further handicapped by the loss of Lee Payne. Dudley or IoW would have scored around the same at home, but done much better at Kings Lynn. KL are an average side now that Lewis Rose has moved up, who become a very good side with Lambert in the team.

I have no axe to grind with young master Lambert but......he is way, way too good for the NL and should not be on a 3 point assed average due to what he is doing over the Channel and if KL are only going to use him at the home matches as a ringer at 7 ready for 2014 he is not going to get the short UK track turning hard left learning curve that he needs to master ALL European tracks. Look at Woofy, Ward, Freddie Lindgren, Nicky Pederson & Holder and many others who have mastered the UK shorter tracks then went on to bigger and better things!

I wish him well in the future and to those who get to see such a talent at such an early age BUT...........he is not the finished article and many things can happen between 15 & 27 (the age when he should be at his best)!!!!!!

I have no axe to grind with young master Lambert but......he is way, way too good for the NL and should not be on a 3 point assed average due to what he is doing over the Channel and if KL are only going to use him at the home matches as a ringer at 7 ready for 2014 he is not going to get the short UK track turning hard left learning curve that he needs to master ALL European tracks. Look at Woofy, Ward, Freddie Lindgren, Nicky Pederson & Holder and many others who have mastered the UK shorter tracks then went on to bigger and better things!

I wish him well in the future and to those who get to see such a talent at such an early age BUT...........he is not the finished article and many things can happen between 15 & 27 (the age when he should be at his best)!!!!!!

That all sounds very bitter the above post.

If Lambert was allowed to ride Premier League he would but being 15 National League is the only option.

Regarding only being a 3 average. What else should he be?? Without a league average anywhere else a 3 is the only option available.

Regarding only riding at home. He has no need to ride tracks away in the National League as that experience will come next year when he steps up to the PL in April. Everyone is just guessing he's only doing home meetings because he missed the Stoke meeting & it sounds like a bloody good job he did to by the sounds of it.