British Speedway Forum
rustyre bel1

Rebels V Diamonds Fri 28th June

Awesome display by the Rebels, the lose of Kyle bad enough but then to see Alex taking a close look at the M5 I thought the Diamonds would walk it but all credit to the 6 remaining riders, they all dug in, the 3 heat leaders did there jobs but to see Alex return and win 2 heats was awesome, I thought the 2 reserves would struggle but all credit to them they were on the pace. Get well Kyle

An enjoyable meeting, Lewis Rose produced a cracking ride in heat 7 and deserved more than what he got. Doyley in heat 10 pulled off a majestic ride in heat 10 as well as Josh in heat 13 where he went around Richie and inside Robson. Alex must be made of rubber(!!!!) but pulled out two fantastic rides in heats 9 and 14.

WOW, what a cracker this was, if you missed it buy the video, best match I have seen this year. So many highlights but first the lows, Kyle out after heat 1, Alex over the back straight fence and being announced as withdrawn from meeting, and then the highs. Alex back with two wins, led but moved out Worrall in second to let Nick through for a 5-1, Heat 10 Doyle last coming out of second bend, moved into second then passed Tully, Tully briefly passed back then Doyle got him again, Heat 13 Josh from the back to take both Diamonds to win, Lewis Rose never seen the track, beats Tully and Lindgren for a 5-1 and always in the mix, made Robson fight hard to get past in one race and looked to have quick equipment, sign him up. Diamonds quicker out the gate in many races but Rebels rode their socks off, I could go on and on, awesome match and you could not pick rider of the night and in a very generous gesture they were all awarded that honour ands all received £50.

• Like 1

Well this meeting must go down as one of the most amazing of the season and as one of those all time classics. Going in to it without Stefan was going to be hard enough as it was but to loose Kyle in his first ride looked like it was all over before it started but then to loose Alex in his first ride too had us believing the Diamonds couldn't fail to win maximum points. But all credit goes to each and everyone who rode for the Rebels tonight. Tom was well on the pace and really unlucky to shed a primary chain while in a scoring position. Lewis did a magnificent job for us and did himself proud. He lost points out to more experienced riders but certainly made them work very hard. Our heatleader trio did us really proud but had to give it all to overcome the Diamonds who pushed us all the way. There were some sublime passes by Doyley and Josh when the chips were down. Nick just got down to business and had one of his best meetings for us tonight. Finally, who would have guessed Alex would have ever been able to walk away from his horror crash let alone take his final two rides and win them. Absolutely awesome. You just cannot put into words how bad the crash actually was, but to come back into the meeting just defies sense. Of course the icing on the cake was taking all of the points too. You just couldn't have scripted that meeting any better.

• Like 1

As I trudged out of the OTA after the disgraceful debacle a week or so ago, I wondered why I ever bother with speedway. My own club Swindon treat the loyal supporters at the Abbey shabbily at best, and the Somerset promotion missed an opportunity by not getting on the microphone straight away to at least explain things to a baffled crowd that Tuesday evening who had stood in sunshine to be told the track was unfit. However, tonight's match was everything good about speedway. The track curator, much maligned the week before, produced a slick dustbowl (probably nervously refraining from adding too much water this time) that incredibly still produced fantastic racing. Passing and re passing in almost every race. In heat 3 Alex Davies, having passed Tulley, began hunting down Lindgren, and clearly had the speed to pass, but coming out of the second bend, picked up extra drive and hurtled into the fence at speed. He was thrown head first over the fence, somersaulting and landing several yards from my feet. Like others in the crowd, I rushed extinctively to his aid as he lay stricken on the grass between the fence and the lighting rigs. Amazingly, the first person who got to him first was Jason Doyle who had sprinted across the centre green, before leaping over the fence and quickly removing his team mates goggles. Fortunately Davies had missed the ironwork on the other side of the fence and amazingly was on his feet after 10 minutes of treatment. He later returned to the track to rapturous applause and produced two very fine rides. Has this boy been signed by an EL club yet? What a terrific, racer...brave and tenacious. Jason Doyle was in sublime form and is a truly great captain, leading from the front when the Rebels had their back against the wall. Nick Morris looked smooth and rode very mature for one so young. Josh Grashoniek is in the best form of his career and is really dialled in around what I reckon is one of the best tracks in the country. Superb nights entertainment, restoring my faith in speedway once again. To cap it all, I dropped a £10 note on the floor and a very nice gent behind me kindly pointed it out......nice fans are the Somerset folk..... :t:

• Like 4

Great effort from Somerset having lost Kyle and with an inexperienced NL rider at reserve. Dreadful display from the Diamonds though. Picked up an away win at a struggling Rye House last week but in general we seem to have completely lost our spark in recent weeks. With Rye House visiting Brough for the return fixture on Sunday we have a chance to get going again and we need to. Lindgren in particular needs to sort himself out. Started the season superbly but has looked badly out of sorts for a good while now. We really need him to find some form although that was poor all-round from the Diamonds tonight.

As I trudged out of the OTA after the disgraceful debacle a week or so ago, I wondered why I ever bother with speedway. My own club Swindon treat the loyal supporters at the Abbey shabbily at best, and the Somerset promotion missed an opportunity by not getting on the microphone straight away to at least explain things to a baffled crowd that Tuesday evening who had stood in sunshine to be told the track was unfit. However, tonight's match was everything good about speedway. The track curator, much maligned the week before, produced a slick dustbowl (probably nervously refraining from adding too much water this time) that incredibly still produced fantastic racing. Passing and re passing in almost every race. In heat 3 Alex Davies, having passed Tulley, began hunting down Lindgren, and clearly had the speed to pass, but coming out of the second bend, picked up extra drive and hurtled into the fence at speed. He was thrown head first over the fence, somersaulting and landing several yards from my feet. Like others in the crowd, I rushed extinctively to his aid as he lay stricken on the grass between the fence and the lighting rigs. Amazingly, the first person who got to him first was Jason Doyle who had sprinted across the centre green, before leaping over the fence and quickly removing his team mates goggles. Fortunately Davies had missed the ironwork on the other side of the fence and amazingly was on his feet after 10 minutes of treatment. He later returned to the track to rapturous applause and produced two very fine rides. Has this boy been signed by an EL club yet? What a terrific, racer...brave and tenacious. Jason Doyle was in sublime form and is a truly great captain, leading from the front when the Rebels had their back against the wall. Nick Morris looked smooth and rode very mature for one so young. Josh Grashoniek is in the best form of his career and is really dialled in around what I reckon is one of the best tracks in the country. Superb nights entertainment, restoring my faith in speedway once again. To cap it all, I dropped a £10 note on the floor and a very nice gent behind me kindly pointed it out......nice fans are the Somerset folk..... :t:

You are so lucky you weren't riding v a Scottish team, we would have caught that tenner before it hit the floor ;)
  • Like 1

Without a doubt , one of the best posts I have ever read on this forum, it has everything, well done.

So pleased you came back after the slight c**k up the week before, glad you enjoyed it.

Cliff.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Was going to add my own views on last nights match but Willowman, EnglishRoundabout and Oldtimer have already done it for me - a superb meeting underlining everything great about speedway. It had the lows, the highs, a few crashes, breathtaking racing and the team that was all but dead and out coming back with a heroic result.

Onto Rye today, and if we can get anywhere near that level of performance we will take some stopping.

• Like 1

We were awful, in general, last night.

Great race between Tully and Doyle, good debut from Schrammy, Lewi and Christian doing what they ought to, but others were disappointing last night.

Ludde, I believe, is burnt out by riding here, there and everywhere and it's showing (could be wrong, of course).

A chance to 'bounce back' on Sunday against Rye, where we MUST pick up all 3 points.

Best wishes to Kyle, although I'm pleased to say he has posted on Facebook he might be back next week.

Also Alex Davies is one lucky lad. Glad he escaped any serious injury (or indeed worse).

We were awful, in general, last night.

Great race between Tully and Doyle, good debut from Schrammy, Lewi and Christian doing what they ought to, but others were disappointing last night.

Ludde, I believe, is burnt out by riding here, there and everywhere and it's showing (could be wrong, of course).

A chance to 'bounce back' on Sunday against Rye, where we MUST pick up all 3 points.

Best wishes to Kyle, although I'm pleased to say he has posted on Facebook he might be back next week.

Also Alex Davies is one lucky lad. Glad he escaped any serious injury (or indeed worse).

#

He seems to be riding much better in the Elite League than he is for Newcastle at present. Could this indicate lack of enthusiasm for the Premier League - or - does he use different Bikes in the Elite League?

I can't understand this alarming drop in form by Lindgren (for us).

Perhaps George could look at a change in Riding Order. Put Christian Henry with Robbo and Lindgren with Tully - that seemed to work earlier in the Season (Robson and Henry).

#

He seems to be riding much better in the Elite League than he is for Newcastle at present. Could this indicate lack of enthusiasm for the Premier League - or - does he use different Bikes in the Elite League?

I can't understand this alarming drop in form by Lindgren (for us).

Perhaps George could look at a change in Riding Order. Put Christian Henry with Robbo and Lindgren with Tully - that seemed to work earlier in the Season (Robson and Henry).

thats what we've done last 2 matches lol

thats what we've done last 2 matches lol

Hadn't realised. :oops::oops:

That`s what happens when old people go to the speedway TWK..... :wink::lol::P

• Like 1

Without a doubt , one of the best posts I have ever read on this forum, it has everything, well done.

So pleased you came back after the slight c**k up the week before, glad you enjoyed it.

Cliff.

Thank you Cliff. I try to get to the OTA as often as possible. The racing is always first class, so its always worth the trip. :t: