British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCOTLAND1314

Edinburgh Monarchs V Leicester Lions (pl) 28 June 2013

Things will never be rosy at Leicester because even if DH was to do everything that some of these posters suggest it would not be good enough. It is clear that DH is far from perfect however the constant criticism on this forum, much of it quite vitriolic, means he probably feels painted in to a corner.

I do believe that some on here would be happy to see the sport fail in Leicester than survive under the ownership of DH.

• Like 1

dont disagree Neb, She's always seemed very nice when she's spoken to my family. Not sure if she comes across as the speedway team talk type though but there you go!

Don't know how true it is about Yulia having an input Into team affairs but you never know, she could be a really good motivator. As for her picking the riders for heat 15, I would argue that Glyn has the final say and most weeks there's not really much of a decision to be made. Maybe only gate positions rather than riders.

• Like 1

Russian woman would be expected to know about speedway in depth much the same as she would be expected to know about Morris dancing that's all

and to keep making the point about her being russian i dont grasp the connection.if she well up on morris dancing then fair play to her

Someone explain to him please , :o

Review on Official Edinburgh website lists Edberg at no. 6 and no reference to him being unavailable.

Tommy Fenwick at no. 6 for Monarchs

No Bjerre he has been gifted the wild card for the world u21 final round 1.

Alex Edberg is also missing at the moment with ligament damage so a guest is availble which is TBC

Major rider revolt at Leicester. The rumours that Yulia Hemsley is the new team manager are untrue. Yulia is purely doing the team talks & making suggestions for heat 15 picks which if Glyn doesn't agree with he will get sacked.

Nothing surprises me about Leicester 1 drama to another life is certainly not boring following the lions

where the hell have you heard suck drival....I have it on a very good source Yulia Helmsley has no such say in team talks or heat 15 suggestions.

i understand what you are saying but your posts are starting to sound a little raciest,correct me if i am wrong and if i am then i apologize but you might as well say russian women know how to drink vodka better than anyone else, i just dont get where your trying to go with this.

Review on Official Edinburgh website lists Edberg at no. 6 and no reference to him being unavailable.

Tommy Fenwick at no. 6 for Monarchs

There is a post on FB saying Glynn Taylor is awaiting a fitness report from Edberg maybe he will give it a go

Things will never be rosy at Leicester because even if DH was to do everything that some of these posters suggest it would not be good enough. It is clear that DH is far from perfect however the constant criticism on this forum, much of it quite vitriolic, means he probably feels painted in to a corner.

I do believe that some on here would be happy to see the sport fail in Leicester than survive under the ownership of DH.

Here here.

I think under the ownership of DH the club will fold unless he puts the club up for sale for the sake of speedway excisting in leicester.

I just hope the riders turn up at edinburgh and give it there best and hemsley keeps out of the way and let glyn and the team do there job.

So back on Topic instead of this Leicester promotion nonsense, which there is a topic about so if you want to post about them there please do!

Line ups for Friday:

Edinburgh Monarchs

1. Craig Cook
  2. Derek Sneddon
  3. Claus Vissing
  4. Joe Tabaka
  5. Theo Pijper
  6. Tommy Fenwick
  7. Max Fricke

Leicester Lions

1. Kauko Nieminem
  2. Jan Graversen
  3. Kevin Doolan
  4. Lasse Bjerre R/R
  5. Magnus Karlsson
  6. Alex Edberg
  7. Robert Branford

• Like 4

Alex right ankle is double its usual size but according to facebook he is going to see how it is before deciding if he will ride or not

Sorry to go off topic but. Do we know who is guesting for Edberg? It wont be Sarj as the Storm are riding at Cov.

It is called being sarcastic after the rumours you hear on here of YH taking team talks (which i know for a fact a few weeks ago she did speak to the riders before a match)

where the hell have you heard suck drival....I have it on a very good source Yulia Helmsley has no such say in team talks or heat 15 suggestions.

Good leicester will run R/R at no 2 with Jan Graversen at no 4.

That is usually how Glyn decides to run when he has to run R/R

So back on Topic instead of this Leicester promotion nonsense, which there is a topic about so if you want to post about them there please do!

Line ups for Friday:

Edinburgh Monarchs

1. Craig Cook
  2. Derek Sneddon
  3. Claus Vissing
  4. Joe Tabaka
  5. Theo Pijper
  6. Tommy Fenwick
  7. Max Fricke

Leicester Lions

1. Kauko Nieminem
  2. Jan Graversen
  3. Kevin Doolan
  4. Lasse Bjerre R/R
  5. Magnus Karlsson
  6. Alex Edberg
  7. Robert Branford

It is called being sarcastic after the rumours you hear on here of YH taking team talks (which i know for a fact a few weeks ago she did speak to the riders before a match)

There is a difference between talking to the riders and giving a team talk!

As this is the Edinburgh v Leicester thread, any chance of a discussion with just maybe an iota of this up and coming meeting at the threads heart? You know, whos riding, potential results etc.... instead of this incessant attack on the promoter and wife? Make a change to read some speedway racing stuff, you know what I mean?

This was a team talk all the riders in the pits she sat them down spoke to riders about the match how important it was to make the gate & track conditions. This came from 1 of the riders who isn't scared to air his views

So explain what the difference is between the promotor and the team manager talking to the riders ?

Edited by robert72