British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Plymouth V Berwick (premier League).. 28th June @ 7.15pm

Rather lack lustre to say the least. Good effort from new boy Simon Nielsen. Two strange performances from Kurtz and Bellego. DB started like a rocket and then faded, whilst TK started very subdued and ended like a scolded cat. Our meeting presenter bumbles on as clueless as ever. Introduced Aspegren on the pre meeting parade! Do your homework, PLEASE. Great to listen to Dick Barrie and his comments.Heard several different reasons why Robin wasn't there. Can anyone confirm the official reason, please? Some dubious starts gave the Devils an advantage, with Gathercole and Lemon benefitting on more than one occasion each. The main highlight for me though was seeing former Team Manager Gary Spiller and wife Kelly on their first visit since reading in the local paper that he'd been sacked at the start of the 2012 season! Also what all this nonsense about the 'Bech' straight? He's ridden ONCE at the SBA, and the management want to name the back straight after him! Quite astonishing. He was exciting, but not that good. From what I gather, Mikkel will miss a fair few more fixtures due to other commitments. In out in out more than the hokey cokey!

According to the Berwick offical site,Aspegren was taken ill at the airport yesterday before he boarded his flight and was advised not to fly.

Our meeting presenter bumbles on as clueless as ever. Introduced Aspegren on the pre meeting parade! Do your homework, PLEASE. Great to listen to Dick Barrie and his comments.

Saw Facebook comments about this. Did Dick really allege the local presenter was gay, and then assault the mascot?Sounds like he's back in form!

Saw Facebook comments about this. Did Dick really allege the local presenter was gay, and then assault the mascot?Sounds like he's back in form!

:lol: Kicked the poor Devil in the 'chuckies' :lol...

Disappointing meeting regardless of the score... One genuine pass that came from Kasper is all I can remember... Other than that it was pretty much gate & go!

And I went home with a new fake tan & light brown hair colour :rolleyes:

Only good thing was it took only 4 hours to get back!

• Like 1

Only good thing was it took only 4 hours to get back!

With a stop to change driver and a detour due to motorway closure!!

Edited by Shadders

Trigger and him in bikinis on Youtube................ make your own mind up! Genuinely forgot to say how impressed I was with Kozza. Excellent effort.

How many times have we said that though.

Disappointing result for Berwick,even without Aspegren I thought we would get at least something,but it wasnt to be.Infact this meeting pretty much sums up this season,and probably the last few seasons,where we promise so much but deliver so little.

Berwick started off so well,Bellego for example winning his 1st two rides,yet somehow we cant continue that into the second half of the meeting.Maybe just maybe some of our riders feel all to comfortable and lack the fire in their bellies that make winners.

Agree with that. after going to the Speedway for more years than i care to remember the old cliche of theres always next season is really wearing a bit thin, not really sure if i will bother next season perhaps some new fishing gear for Christmas instead of the usual Season ticket will be on the cards...Hate saying it but really peed off at the min the promotion have done everything they can to improve things but the team just simply are not good enough... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Like 2

Agree with that. after going to the Speedway for more years than i care to remember the old cliche of theres always next season is really wearing a bit thin, not really sure if i will bother next season perhaps some new fishing gear for Christmas instead of the usual Season ticket will be on the cards...Hate saying it but really peed off at the min the promotion have done everything they can to improve things but the team just simply are not good enough... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ive been fishing today,and it went as good as the speedways going. :cry:

Edited by screm

Ive been fishing today,and it went as good as the speedways going. :cry:

Yeah i usually go for trout on the fly but been getting amongst the cod and mackrel and fairly enjoying it too..

So either Speedway improves or the fishing will :)

Our first trip to Plymouth on friday, been trying to get there for years. At first disappointed, didnt look much of a place from the outside. Then to be told we have to park in a car park around the corner, didnt make us any happier, dark clouds in the distance adding to the gloomy outlook.

Was quite simply surprised when we got inside, small track, had a wander around and decided to watch from the stand on the back straight, starting to like the place as it was a good viewing platform for a couple of shorties, port a loos but at least they were clean.

Felt the action would be close, fast and furious due to the small size of the track, a track record of 48.06s. Had a chat to the presenter about the PA system, due to the noise from the major roads above they are hoping to get some speakers on the centre green to give a better sound.

Enjoyed the meeting not a lot of passing but damn they ride close together and one mistake and somebody comes through, supporters cheering on and a decent crowd to watch the action, its a while since we have been this close to the action.

Liked neville the devil as well, normally think these blokes are a waste of time but he kept the kids happy and a lot of the littles one watched the action as well, normally there off playing instead of watching.

Second new track in a week and enjoyed them both, coming back couse we will when we can, well done Plymouth.

Oh and the Dick Barry thing was all a joke, nice to see the bloke again.

Yeah i usually go for trout on the fly but been getting amongst the cod and mackrel and fairly enjoying it too..

So either Speedway improves or the fishing will :)

My moneys on the fishing. ;)

Rather lack lustre to say the least. Good effort from new boy Simon Nielsen. Two strange performances from Kurtz and Bellego. DB started like a rocket and then faded, whilst TK started very subdued and ended like a scolded cat. Our meeting presenter bumbles on as clueless as ever. Introduced Aspegren on the pre meeting parade! Do your homework, PLEASE. Great to listen to Dick Barrie and his comments.Heard several different reasons why Robin wasn't there. Can anyone confirm the official reason, please? Some dubious starts gave the Devils an advantage, with Gathercole and Lemon benefitting on more than one occasion each. The main highlight for me though was seeing former Team Manager Gary Spiller and wife Kelly on their first visit since reading in the local paper that he'd been sacked at the start of the 2012 season! Also what all this nonsense about the 'Bech' straight? He's ridden ONCE at the SBA, and the management want to name the back straight after him! Quite astonishing. He was exciting, but not that good. From what I gather, Mikkel will miss a fair few more fixtures due to other commitments. In out in out more than the hokey cokey!

dont know what your problem is nothing wrong with the starts just because we,ve started making a few,and instead of trying to knock the management,the promotors and the presenter hiding behind your keyboard go and have a chat with them before the meeting they are all very approachable blokes and always happy to listen to what people got to say i regularly talk to them i,m sure they would like to put a face to the name OPINIONATED
  • Like 3

Im no track expert, but i dont see any reason why the kids running race would cause any problems. In fact, it would probably do the track more good than harm imo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Like 2

You must not have been at recent Berwick home meetings?

I thought he was banned?

Well, I couldn't resist with all this talk of fishing!