British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

Be fair folks, Kennett was only any good when he took a bloody drill to his exhaust. The blokes utter garbage and always has been.

Rather unfair and unnecessary thing to say. Can only blame Middlo for picking an out of form rider. Middlo is at fault tonight, not Eddie.

Well done to Tai , its a good job he was in the team.(still injured as well)...

Boring meeting. IMO it felt flat.

In Prague I would go for Danny King and Lewis Bridger, Cookie has never ridden outside the UK and the World Cup play off is not the place to start. The other two race abroad and have a point to prove. Again, Worrall has only ridden abroad a couple of times and no point chucking him in the deep end.

We have some promising riders but they need more exposure to international competition, European Champs, World U21, etc rather than racing around Premier League tracks week in week out. Have a test match abroad, even if it is against Czech or Latvia, that sort of thing.

I don't agree regarding Cookie, I was at the GP in Prague and think the track will suit him perfectly. Also think that the WC is great for the younger riders to pit their wits against the top riders. Any experience is good experience when you've been riding for 3 years.

1) Chris Harris

2) Tai Woffinden

3 ) Ben Barker

4) Danny King.

Res: Craig Cook.

I think that team would give us the best chance of going through, on current form. I certainly would not have Bridger there,he has to do more than score well on his little home track, to be considered.

• Like 1

Who have they got bar Ward. Its not much better. Watt dropped for Woodward !

On his form this season, Jason Doyle is more than a match for Bomber and can cause Woofy griefif he's not careful.

I have said all along i like Cook but have not been convinced with him out in the dirt.Ok he has been superior to Barker and Auty in the PL but tonight Barker and Auty would of mixed it in the dirt.At Cardiff Cook looked out of his depth tonight again he struggled saying that i would still stick with him maybe put Barker in for Kennett KIng no i would not he has had chances.

This year's World Cup has to be the worst as a competitive competition since its reintroduction. Lots of injuries meaning a lot of the top class riders missing, Team GB even weaker than usual and the farce of the Czechs seeded straight to the final. Hope I'm proved wrong but Prague is a god awful track for entertainment which I fear will neuter what little action will be left in the race off and final.

• Like 4

I noticed Bridger in the pits helping out but not sure if hangin around in a Guns n Roses vest sets a great example to Team GB professionalism?...this is one of many differences between us and the rest....mind you is it me or is this World cup very shoddy so far?..even more so when thursday's victors are guaranteed saturday's bronze

Edited by hagonshocker

Grates with me to see Nicholls commentating on the damn thing when he should stop behaving like a child and ride in the event

Just my view and I am sure he has his reasons even though I don't agree with them

What do you know of his reasons that you find disagreeable?

I understand why some are sympathising with Kennett, after all it wasn't his fault he was chosen tonight. However I find it difficult to feel sorry for anyone found guilty of cheating.

Denmark were predictably a class above overall. Each of their riders had at least one duff ride, but they could have fielded a Denmark B side as well tonight, and probably still finished runners up.

Woffinden was easily about two levels above any of our other riders. Harris was respectable and did well to beat Pedersen, but in my opinion tonight just confirmed he is no longer in the top echelons of the sport. Still gave it his all though. I was disapointed by Cook's performance again (after Cardiff), but even he was far better than the woeful Kennett.

Congrats to USA. Although two thirds of their points came from the ever impressive Hancock, other riders chipped in to lift them above a truly depleted Swedish side.

For the Swedes, Ljung was their best by far and it was sad to see how far Davidsson has gone off the boil. Not long ago he lifted his game in the World Cup, tonight he was abysmal.

JT.

Edited by JT

Rather unfair and unnecessary thing to say. Can only blame Middlo for picking an out of form rider. Middlo is at fault tonight, not Eddie.

It's only unfair if it isn't true. When did Kennett show his best. That's correct, when the drill came into play. Facts

I think this is a season too early for Craig Cook. Barker though is a strange replacement, no better than Cook. Bridger I agree with, but need King's experience to take on Australia.

Kennet was an utter disgrace, should never ride for Gb again, garbage. Middlo equally as bad in my book for even picking him, needs to step down. Also silly dropping Cook for someone like Bridger whos proved before hes not upto this level. All round poor team management from Middlo and Kennet a disgrace.

• Like 1