British Speedway Forum
Northern Exile

Swc, Event Two, King's Lynn 15/7

I think we shot the bolt completely by bad management, Kennett was a bad choice and Cooke was not ready, we had the best chance ever to go straight through, Bridger and Barker would have given more, cant say that they would have scored the points but we should have put out the strongest team. King at reserve, and Scott as a coach mentor in the back ground. But hey ho, the old boys act played it's card again.

Moving on lets hope the team can shine on play off, rest assured though they will give it 110% and lets see where the cards fall.

On to the future, Phil Morris as Team manage with no interferance from BSPA, he needs a clean start, time to pick a team of 8 and work with them through the season, we need some test matches for training purposes or Mini series 4 team tournaments to get the lads firing as a team not just for the week.

Phil should have oppertunities to have a marketing man just to try for sponsorship for Team GB, pay the chaps right, get them engines of help. I remember when Graham Jones was involved, he was there for all working on tuning and advise and extra set of hands and a brain to suit.

But most of all NO BSPA involvement, no old boys network and no blazers hanging around looking impotent yes Impotent.

Give Wisser a clean sheet, and the backing with no interferance.

Why did Rob Lyons Quit, Interferance from Rugby, Plain and simple.

Lets get through this week and hope we can go through, it will be nice but we missed the boat last night.

Comments please

• Like 1

I think we shot the bolt completely by bad management, Kennett was a bad choice and Cooke was not ready, we had the best chance ever to go straight through, Bridger and Barker would have given more, cant say that they would have scored the points but we should have put out the strongest team. King at reserve, and Scott as a coach mentor in the back ground. But hey ho, the old boys act played it's card again.

Moving on lets hope the team can shine on play off, rest assured though they will give it 110% and lets see where the cards fall.

On to the future, Phil Morris as Team manage with no interferance from BSPA, he needs a clean start, time to pick a team of 8 and work with them through the season, we need some test matches for training purposes or Mini series 4 team tournaments to get the lads firing as a team not just for the week.

Phil should have oppertunities to have a marketing man just to try for sponsorship for Team GB, pay the chaps right, get them engines of help. I remember when Graham Jones was involved, he was there for all working on tuning and advise and extra set of hands and a brain to suit.

But most of all NO BSPA involvement, no old boys network and no blazers hanging around looking impotent yes Impotent.

Give Wisser a clean sheet, and the backing with no interferance.

Why did Rob Lyons Quit, Interferance from Rugby, Plain and simple.

Lets get through this week and hope we can go through, it will be nice but we missed the boat last night.

Comments please

Reserve?????

If you're going to fly in the face of perceived wisdom, as Muddletwit did by picking Kennett, you've got to stick by your guns for more than 1 race. Replacing Kennett when he did just made him look a fool. Now we compound the error by dumping Cook after 1 meeting in favour of a 'been there, done that, couldn't hack it' bloke. That's sure going to make Cook feel great about his international future. GB should have bitten the bullet and picked Cook and Worrall for as long as they were in the tournament, make them feel they are a part of a longer term plan. I'm pretty much of the opinion that unless Muddletwit has got a team of superstars at his disposal a la Poole he hasn't a clue. Time for him to step aside and give Morris a chance.

• Like 1

Imagine the reaction on here if Middlo had messed up the joker.

I personally think having Phil Morris may be a awkward situation as he works with British riders at Birmingham.

Middlo and his impartiality is the correct option.

Do managers really have that much of an input in team performances? Apart from walking round the pits with dart player's shirts and clipboards, what else do they do?

Team GB have a weak army at present, so much so, next they'll be relying on foodbanks to see them through.

I was thinking, having watched last night on tv (which took so long, the kids will soon be back at school after the summer hols), who else can GB call on? We are really at rock bottom right now and must be thankful that the USA are rebuilding and the Swedes weren't at full strength.

Otherwise, it'd have been like sitting through the Eurosvision Song Contest again

And as for the man in question Kennett how's about 'Sorry Neil, I'm in no sort of form at the moment and it wouldn't be fair on Tai, Bomber, Cookie and the fans so thanks for the invite but I'll have to say no thanks on this occasion'. It ain't just Middleditch who's culpable.

The team did its job they are in the ride off. Eddie is on a downward slope at the minute It happens to every one at some time. Look at GOLLOB. Kennet is on a loser at the moment If he had scored a max Swindon fans would have been on his back. I would still pick Eddie for thursday. His confidence must be at an all time low and it needs boosting not made worse .

May be a sports psychologist may be helpful to team GB

The team did its job they are in the ride off. Eddie is on a downward slope at the minute It happens to every one at some time. Look at GOLLOB. Kennet is on a loser at the moment If he had scored a max Swindon fans would have been on his back. I would still pick Eddie for thursday. His confidence must be at an all time low and it needs boosting not made worse .

Personally I would have been very pleased for Ed (Swindon and GB) too..

Don't agree with any of that, and comparing Kennett to Gollob is like comparing MK Dons to Barcelona....

Do any of you think British up and coming riders get to a comfortable stage (a team place in the lower order in the elite league, and a secure heat leading role in the premier league) & then stop........ developing? Almost get stuck in a comfort zone? Winning regular races in prem league, and happy to be getting 5-6 points in the elite league in supporting roles to the better foreign riders... so much so, that any chance of getting better goes out the proverbial window.. With not competing abroad in league racing where they may get the chance to race against the top riders and get better... maybe its a cost thing, or lack of ambition, or its just a job thing....?

Do Poles, Danes etc.. ride in 2 leagues in there own country/domestic set up? Or do these country's not have an elite/prem, double up/down chance?

Best chance ever to go through, really??

Even if we had Nicholls and say King or Barker there was no way we would have beat the Danes. Our strongest was never going to beat the Danes.

There are no reserves anymore.

The race off will be opertunuty missed we ain't going to beat the Aussies who I'd say almost certainly book there place in the final so rather than go down the Barker and Bridger route why not go with Woffinden Cook Worrrell Autey time to move on from riders who have failed in the past

Wasn't it you that had a dig at Screamer for him saying Lynn couldn't beat Peterborough the other day.Now your saying the exact same thing here.Personally I think we can beat the the Aussies on the day if all goes well.

Edited by tellboy

Do any of you think British up and coming riders get to a comfortable stage (a team place in the lower order in the elite league, and a secure heat leading role in the premier league) & then stop........ developing?

Do Poles, Danes etc.. ride in 2 leagues in there own country/domestic set up? Or do these country's not have an elite/prem, double up/down chance?

Sweden certainly do double up/down.

I think its a little unfair making a generalisation about the likes of Cook/Worrall/Ellis/Howarth as being `comfortable`. All 4 are still making strides in the sport and have improved since this time last season.

Whilst i can see why some of the Brits need to double up/down to make a living the ambition to succeed should be to reach EL level (like Cook and Worrall now) and then get teams spots in Poland/Sweden etc. Easier said than done i`m sure.

It is a pity we cant work with , say, the Danish federation and give each others up and coming riders a chance for team spots . Obviously we would need their federation more than someone like the Danes need ours.

I do wish some of the youngsters showed more ambition, but i have to wonder whether the BSPA assist in pushing our future to the next level.