British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Rule Changes For 2014

And worth remembering that Polish speedway is going down the pan faster than speedway over here. The crowds are falling and it is now much more expensive to watch than speedway over here. I hardly think we should be looking at the Polish model as to how to run a sport, they are merely recreating all the faults British Speedway has made over the last 30 years/

Speedway is more expensive to watch in Poland than in the UK????????

Completely untrue.

Price to watch Polish Extraleague matches is either 25 or 30 zlotys, £5 or £6 UK.

PLEASE tell me which British EL track charges less than that?

Crowds are down in Poland? Yes, they have had a recession too. Crowds down for Extraleague regular season matches from an average of 9,303 in 2008 to 7,442 in 2012. Still way ahead of other leagues for which figures are available.

• Like 2

Speedway is more expensive to watch in Poland than in the UK????????

Completely untrue.

Price to watch Polish Extraleague matches is either 25 or 30 zlotys, £5 or £6 UK.

PLEASE tell me which British EL track charges less than that?

Crowds are down in Poland? Yes, they have had a recession too. Crowds down for Extraleague regular season matches from an average of 9,303 in 2008 to 7,442 in 2012. Still way ahead of other leagues for which figures are available.

But speedway in Poland is watched by Poles living in Poland, working in Poland, earning a Polish type salary. Like I said speedway in Poland is now far more expensive than here.

Isn't Polish speedway also sponsored by a state owned company (ENEA) Imagine that over here

What, a tac sub for being 6 points behind was unfair? Do you mind if I ask why? or do you mean the previous double points unfair tac sub ride... which I would fully agree with you, unfair and stupid.

I do hope you are joking here..

Are you suggesting that double pts tac rides are 'unfair' but the old tac sub for being 6 points behind was not?

The old system was the most unfair of all, by quite some way.

Not that I am against it, or indeed particularly against the current rule. Neither of them are the reasons for the sports problems.

What, a tac sub for being 6 points behind was unfair? Do you mind if I ask why?

I would certainly say the old tac sub (anybody in when 6 points down) was unfair.

I remember being at Brandon one day watching Panthers pulling away from the home side when up came heat 8. Bees made a double tac sub bringing in Hancock and Hamilll for their #2 and #7 against a visiting reserve and second string. Result, an easy 5 - 1 from which Coventry never looked back. Why were they allowed to do it, oh yes, they'd fallen 7 or 8 points behind, at home, in the first 7 heats! No way could that be described as fair.

I'm sure most of us following the sport back then could come up with a similar legitimate injustice but, for me, that was the occasion that showed just how unfair that rule was.

• Like 2

But speedway in Poland is watched by Poles living in Poland, working in Poland, earning a Polish type salary. Like I said speedway in Poland is now far more expensive than here.

Average earnings of £2,000 a month in the UK dwarfs the typical wage of £635 in Poland.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209255/Polish-migrants-return-Britain-search-work-despite-UKs-struggling-economy.html#ixzz2YSvnhzl5

I do hope you are joking here..

Are you suggesting that double pts tac rides are 'unfair' but the old tac sub for being 6 points behind was not?

The old system was the most unfair of all, by quite some way.

Not that I am against it, or indeed particularly against the current rule. Neither of them are the reasons for the sports problems.

THAT is an opinion - NOT a provable fact BW.

My opinion differs from yours.

Whilst not being totally responsible for Speedway's downfall in popularity - there is NO WAY that you can argue that this Double Points rubbish has helped the situation.

Average earnings of £2,000 a month in the UK dwarfs the typical wage of £635 in Poland.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2YSvnhzl5

Have you been on the sherry this afternoon!!!!!

Thats the point I was making and you were arguing with me a while back, now you are posting links to back up my point

Whilst not being totally responsible for Speedway's downfall in popularity - there is NO WAY that you can argue that this Double Points rubbish has helped the situation.

It has neither helped, nor hindered. It is totally insignificant in speedways slow demise.

• Like 1

That's what Oldace is saying???

No, that's what the Daily Mail is saying

Have you been on the sherry this afternoon!!!!!

Thats the point I was making and you were arguing with me a while back, now you are posting links to back up my point

No, that's what the Daily Mail is saying

Thats a yes then

It has neither helped, nor hindered. It is totally insignificant in speedways slow demise.

I don't agree with that. There was a notable amount of people extremely fed up with the doublepoints. that well used phrse "mickey Mouse" came into play quite a lot. It was definitely one in a long line of things that served to annoy many people, and people don't pay to go somewhere that annoys them.

• Like 1

Your original statement remains incorrect.

After you amended it to reflect relevant earnings, then I agreed with you.

Simple.

KEEP CALM

Well based on a far unfairer system not causing any issues for years, I'd say it's not a major issue.

Based on the fact that speedway had lost most of its crowd before it was introduced, I'd say it's not a major issue.

Well based on a far unfairer system not causing any issues for years, I'd say it's not a major issue.

Based on the fact that speedway had lost most of its crowd before it was introduced, I'd say it's not a major issue.

The thing with it was the whole "double points" thing, rather than the fairness. People just couldn't, and still can't, get heir heads round that. You win the race and get 6 points instead of 3 - it was too much for many people.

• Like 1