British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
500cc

Official Speedway Website Search

I'm dreadful at using bookmarks for sites I visit regularly. Normally I just start typing the name in my address bar and select it from the drop down as it appears.

For the speedwaygb I've typically typed BSPA and grab the link that the google search engine displays..

But all of I sudden this week it doesn't work. In fact I'm strugglingto search on anything that will find me the site; even speewaygb. Only one I've got to work is "Official British Speedway GB" and even that picks obscure old articles.

Only used Google. Is this just me, or is Google no longer finding the site?

Not just you, google doesn't seem to like searching for the Bspa site

I've noticed this too, I usually type "british speedway" and it finds the speedway gb/BSPA site then.

I bet the British Skewbald and Piebald Association have never had so many speedway fans logging onto their website!

• Like 5

I ended up at BSPA.com.

Bay State Psychological Associates.

I asked about the remarkable news that Eddie Kennett had been picked for Team GB.

They have offered help at their sanatorium.

• Like 5

STOP PRESS

Kennett out, replaced by 9 year old Emily Jenkinson-Smythe on her "Lemon Skewbald Tobiano" horse, Toby.

nativeridden_small.jpg

• Like 2

Do not know if this problem is linked to above but in the last week or so I find when I first start up the computer that it does not like picking up any site from toolbar and have to use bookmark list. Some thing is happening, also my settings keep changing and I get babylon as my default search engine, who ever that is, even though I keep deleting it and change the default.

When I first started I used to get the skewbald ass so set up a toolbar then bookmarks.

Edited by A ORLOV

I actually prefer the horses now.

It’s obvious Google don’t think much of the BSPA.

You can find it on Yahoo.uk

Edited by Mad Potter 2

Nor do a lot of other people!!!!

I'm dreadful at using bookmarks for sites I visit regularly. Normally I just start typing the name in my address bar and select it from the drop down as it appears.

For the speedwaygb I've typically typed BSPA and grab the link that the google search engine displays..

But all of I sudden this week it doesn't work. In fact I'm strugglingto search on anything that will find me the site; even speewaygb. Only one I've got to work is "Official British Speedway GB" and even that picks obscure old articles.

Only used Google. Is this just me, or is Google no longer finding the site?

I have just made a Google search for BSPA - and the first three that came up were -

Edited by Guest

So, apart from the Piebald horses link it looks OK to me.

Yes, today it is.

Yesterday and for the previous days, it wasn't.

That is why people posted about the strangeness of it.

The thinking currently is that all team in the UK should have their web sites URL follow a formula i.e.

teamnameinfull.co

So:- birminghambrummies.co coventrybees.co lakesidehammers.co etc.

".co" is a Columbian domain suffix, just to add confusion, however it was one where every team could follow the pattern. No more variation with ".co.uk" or ".com" or ".net" or ".biz" etc etc

www.speedwaygb.co (the BSPA site) follows this pattern, but the SCB (http://www.scbgb.co.uk/) don't lol

Although I'm only in my mid twenties I also find Google and Yahoo quite alien. A girl at the school where my partner teaches said her mum had a large chest of drawers for sale and ironically we are looking for one for the spare room. They had posted a photo of it on one of the photo sites so I thought we would have a look before committing, but I couldn't remember the name. I simply opened Google and put in “male 25 seeks young girl with large chest, willing to pay £50 and................................yes officer I’m coming but I am still writing about this misunderstanding on a forum I participate in.

Edited by Mr Ore
  • Like 1

I had the same problem last week, a search for 'BSPA' did not come up on Google.co.uk. although does today. However the a search for 'British Speedway Promoters Association' did come up about 6th in the list last week, but was a link to this insurance page http://www.speedwayg...insurance4.html

I suspect the problem is three-fold, firstly the main issue is that the BSPA (and speedway world) are being badly advised on their websites.

Secondly, I would hazard a guess the website is not hosted on a UK server. In fact a little search shows it appears to be hosted in the US. Switch to a UK server, and your website will not disappear from Google.co.uk listings. When Google first launched all those years ago I had the same problem, I was hosting my sites overseas (Germany) and my sites appeared fine on google.com but rarely on google.co.uk and when it did very low.

Finally, the other issue which will not help is using a non UK domain. Whoever suggested to use .co for all speedway websites is a prize idiot because people don't associate or I suspect, trust, co websites.

The domain issue is less important for Google.co.uk listings than hosting on a non-UK server.

As for the BSPA website itself.. enough said!

Edited by TheReturn