British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Ipswich (lc - Sf) 5/6/13 @ 7.30pm

let's hope Ben is okay, and that we have scored enough to help see us through. Could still go either way.

Should be a cracker at Foxhall for the 2nd leg. Great stuff from young Adam. Hope Ben is ok. As for the riding order, I'd go for Rohan at 5, and Leigh at 2, he seems to ride well with Ben.

The rider order isn't gonna change, so it don't really matter who thinks who should ride where.

Phew Monarchs sneaked that one and if Ben Barker hadn't got injured it could have been a bit better for the Witches.

Decent match if not a lot of passing but some close tussles.

Adam Ellis looked good again.

A bit of a mixed bag for the home men but again good to see Claus scoring well.

Good crowd as well.

Is the tie over.. perhaps... but Newcastle saw what can happen when the Monarchs are up against it.

I hope the Monarchs put on a good show at Foxhall.

• Like 1

Any info on Barker's injury?

i Initially said it was a knee injury another Ambulance arrived at Stadium but not sure if Ben went away in it.

You Ipswich fans better be nice to Adam Ellis, I've seen some of the moaning on here! I said to him when I walked past him tonight that he could ride at Armadale every week. He said he'd love to!

Any more moaning and I'm sure we could get him to put in a transfer request.

it's not really fair to set up a rivalry between Ellis and Fricke. They are both great prospects.

• Like 2

Ellis was fantastic, not only beat Max 3 times he comfortably beat sneddon twice and scored a great 5-1 against pijper who at times (not tonight) has been unbeatable at the dale. His only failure was ht 9 when he made a great start and was heading for the lead when lanham blocked him down the back straight and sent him to the back. A reserve last in ht15 is no disgrace. He did get a little lucky in ht2, Max was beating him before Richie brought down sargeant and he turned it around in the rerun

Strange night for the monarchs summed up by cookie finishing last in ht1 (is that his first 0 at the dale this season?), untouchable after that including a new track record. Risager took offence to him trying to slow the races in ht15 as well. Wins a win and gives us something to fight for but one or two can do better.

Edited by scotchopper

Barker tweeted overnight:

"nothing broken, just ligament #luckyboy"

• Like 1

Barker tweeted overnight:

"nothing broken, just ligament #luckyboy"

Good to hear that nothing is broken the lad looked in pain from where I was standing.

Hopefully the injury heals soon.

Barker has been x-rayed and there are no breaks or fractures, it's "just" ligament damage so hopefully he will make a speedy recovery.

Pretty pleased with a 6 point gap, sets up the return leg brilliantly in what should be a nail biter.

Man of the meeting for us is obviosuly Ellis and has kept us in the cup to be honest.

You Ipswich fans better be nice to Adam Ellis, I've seen some of the moaning on here! I said to him when I walked past him tonight that he could ride at Armadale every week. He said he'd love to!

Any more moaning and I'm sure we could get him to put in a transfer request.

Adam is a Lakeside asset so I don't see why Ipswich would be involved?

Lets hope Bens knee gets better very quickly. Is it the same one he hurt at best pairs on the grass bank behind the pits? He has said its 'just' ligament problems, speaking from personal experience with one completely wrecked knee, he needs to sort properly. If this is on-going needs top help because he's only young and is going to need strong knees to progress his career. Over and out!!