British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Irving

Ipswich

You need to change your bait - wont even catch a tiddler with the current stuff.

Aye very good Mr Fuel taps! :lol: i dont do fishing..was merely expressing an opinion or has that been outlawed as well?

Nonsense. Neither the Norfolk Arena or the Showground come even close to track viewing than Ipswich.

Both tracks you mention, are widely regarded to be two of the best racing tracks in the country so few will disagree with your second point.

That's not a slant on Ipswich, as since they widened the track and spent an awful lot of money doing so, they also now have an excellent race track too.

Maybe just me ;)

Come to think of it even Glasgows better..there i've said it!! :o

Aye very good Mr Fuel taps! :lol: i dont do fishing..was merely expressing an opinion or has that been outlawed as well?

It's pretty blatant you're not just "expressing an opinion" as it's plainly obvious to be a dig at Ipswich after the fall out from the Ipswich Edinburgh meeting/thread.

The viewing at Ipswich whether you like it or not, is second to none with it's raised terracing.

Certainly the tracks you mention as being "better", don't even come remotely close.

Adam Ellis was given a set of goggles by a Berwick sponsor as "Rider of the Night". He must now feel he will be able to get in amongst the big guns, guys like Dudek, Beck Jensen, Lebedevs, Zmarzlik and Milik, on August 10th in the World Under 21 Final at Berwick. Best of all, as the local fans seemed to take to him, he'll probably have the whole crowd cheering him on.

Hmmmm. A 4,000 km + round trip ??? I think I'll go to that meeting.

Oh ok sorry about that..Foxhole is brilliant,it's viewing is second to none.I'm not worthy so I should keep my 'opinions' to myself..dont think so somehow!When did you gain powers to read my mind and my intent?You can think what you like wee man ;-) but viewing is in the eye of the beholder or something like that lol.Nothing to do with any previous postings regarding the Ippo Twitchers whatsoever.. :)

Ok the I dont agree with your opinion.

Kings Lynn vastly improved but still lacks the elevation of Foxhall from a viewing perspective and Peterborough is largely flat/no terracing on back straight and 3rd 4th bends from what I remember.

There you go a proper answer assuming it was a genuine initial comment.

Ok the I dont agree with your opinion.

Kings Lynn vastly improved but still lacks the elevation of Foxhall from a viewing perspective and Peterborough is largely flat/no terracing on back straight and 3rd 4th bends from what I remember.

There you go a proper answer assuming it was a genuine initial comment.

I wouldn't bother mate, obvious trolling going on here.

Nah nae trolling your worship!Having an opinion with maybe a bit of sarky humour thrown in obviously isnt allowed anymore.. jeez this forums no half turned in to a sad place.. :sad:

All round viewing at Foxhall is very good, and the 2200 seater covered grandstand at the Showground is also superb and comfortable. Hard to miss anything at either venue IMO, and both have served up some great racing for me this year. Long may it continue...

• Like 1

The changes made to the track at Foxhall took a lot of money, and an awful lot of effort to complete. It wasn't just shaving a bit off here and there, the inside line was moved in all the way around the track and by some distance on the corners.

The difference that made to the racing at Foxhall has been huge and the promotion deserve enormous credit for that.

I agree with blu, I've thoroughly enjoyed the racing at Foxhall this year.

• Like 1

a BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE OF YOU WHO RESPONDED WITH SENSIBLE ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION. TO THE REST OF YOU........ SHAME ON YOU !! OUR SPORT GETS ENOUGH BAD PRESS WITHOUT FIGHTING WITH OURSELVES. i COULD HAVE BEEN NEW TO SPEEDWAY LOOKING FOR A GOOD FAMILY NIGHT OUT, ONLY TO HAVE TO READ IDIOTS SLAGING EACH OTHERS TEAMS & TRACKS OFF. TRY BRING NEW PEOPLE TO THE SPORT. DON'T DRIVE THEM AWAY........SHAME ON YOU !!

• Like 1

Mate, you get yourself in with the Berwick travelling support, you'll have a ball!

i shall be looking for you, wheres the bar?

Went to Mildenhall yesterday and young Josh Bates was again very impressive. I know he understandably struggled when he got a PL chance earlier in the season, but he's very young and improving all the time.

He also impressed at Foxhall when he guested a couple of months back.

Possibly one to consider for next season especially if we need a 3 pointer?

As it's a general Ipswich topic and not one that's likely to be moved lets talk about team shuffling on here .

My rider order would be

1 Ben

2 Morten

3 Leigh

4 Cam

5 Rohan

6 Adam

7 Ritchie

But what are the odds of CL changing anything ?

Edited by Super Blue

It all depends on whether 'the management' actually think there is a real problem.

From before the start of the season I had advocated Leigh at 3 and Rohan at 5 so I 100% agree with SBs order.

In general team spirit this year seems much better than in many previous seasons so its far from all bad.