British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OdsalBoy

Top Gun Individual - Sheffield - Thursday 11/7/13 @ 7.45pm

That's fine then. It was announced last week amongst the bikes warming up, people talking, etc. The publicity machine is clearly running at top capacity.

If the promoters either can't be bothered / can't get organised to get together a line up of 16 juniors and announce it in plenty of time, why should the public be bothered enough / get organised to go and watch?

The proposed line-up was announced during the meeting last Thursday. - Damian Koppe, Facundo Albin, Jonathan Iturre, Hunter Anderson, Hayden Sims, Matt Williamson - can't remember the others.

The line up was announced, but the presenter does not seem to realise he can not always be heard above the revving bikes.

The line up was announced, but the presenter does not seem to realise he can not always be heard above the revving bikes.

If the line up was known last week why is it not shown on the website?

Typical - and they wonder why people don't turn up.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know why Koppe was R/R at Wolves last night against Dudley. Is he injured?

Missed opportunity again Sheffield.If line up was known last week, why not a feature on website. At least a couple of unknowns mentioned on here. Why not make an interesting article about who they are, where they come from, at least some exciting background to wet supporters appetites for this meeting. But yet again so called promoters failing to PROMOTE there own business, or in Sheffields case do we again have to wait for tomorrows Speedway Star to get the backgrounds. Sheffield do not like to inform their fans directly until its in the press. Pathetic promotion I think. Count me out.

Also slightly off topic, but does anyone know why there was a massive delay last week, I think it was between heats 6 and 7?

Also slightly off topic, but does anyone know why there was a massive delay last week, I think it was between heats 6 and 7?

The sunshining on approach to third bend :cry: :cry:

So when the management appeared to support Doug Wyer's suggestion of using sun visors obviously little notice was taken.

I think I heard that tinted visors are banned, so dont blame the promotion for that one ;)

lineup looks amazing, looking forward to seeing how Roalnd Benko get on and Hunter Anderson. Should be a cracker and I honestly cant call this one. Facundo and Damo should do well as they are more familiar with the Owlerton track. However Josh Bates is no slouch, Steve Worral or even Ryan Douglas could cause an upset. Really looking forward to this one. The lineup looks great.

• Like 1

Lineup; Steve Worrall, Lewis Rose, Josh Bates, Kyle Newman, Hunter Anderson, Damien Koppe, Facundo Albin, Ryan Douglas, Roland Benko, Jonathan Itture, Hayden Sims, Matt Williamson, Liam Carr, Adam Roynon, Ben Hopwood

Watch out for Sims and Lewis Rose :)

Missed opportunity again Sheffield.If line up was known last week, why not a feature on website. At least a couple of unknowns mentioned on here. Why not make an interesting article about who they are, where they come from, at least some exciting background to wet supporters appetites for this meeting. But yet again so called promoters failing to PROMOTE there own business, or in Sheffields case do we again have to wait for tomorrows Speedway Star to get the backgrounds. Sheffield do not like to inform their fans directly until its in the press. Pathetic promotion I think. Count me out.

Totally agree.

Why don't the promoters realise that they need to sell the sport to new (or lapsed) customers.

Issuing a rallying cry (David Hoggart on Monday) merely smells of desperation, you need to generate real interest.

Announcing the line up at a meeting is only going to tell existing customers. Surely the local press could be used early in the week when people have time to plan their Thursday evening. It seem to be obvious to everyone apart from the promoters.

The riders themselves should realise that they also have a part to play. I find it particularly annoying, that Rick and Damien in particular, rarely acknowledge the crowd on the 3rd and 4th bend,. Unfortunately it can appear to the crowd that they don't care, although I'm sure that is not the case.

We assumed that the delay was because of the sun, but why were we not told the reason?

I'm not sure exactly where the problem lies, but if it is the entrance between the 3rd and 4th bend surely some temporary cover (a tarpaulin?) could be draped over the opening.Also why was the time not filled with something interesting. It would have been an ideal time to try to promote this week's meeting.

I think there are two issues here. I have been to this meeting several times and to be honest have never known who was racing in advance. This year's line up is slightly different but as we were usually seeing a different batch of riders to usual with minimal experience I can't in all honesty see how knowing their names is going to attract more than would attend in any case. Had we been talking about a meeting advertised as including loads of GP stars at £30 admission names are important but as it was never likely to include Robert Lambert or Adam Ellis, with reverence to the rest whether it is A.N.Other or T.Riallist racing would not entice any more through he gate. Many moan about the admission price in any case so would not be enticed by names they have not heard of. All in all just another opportunity to moan by some.

Having said that the Sheffield publicity machine which was about the best historically is, in the elegantly spoken words used by Dave Speight, about a rival in the recent past, total dog sh*t at present. Instead of setting the standard others aspire too they have plunged beneath many and don't even go through the motions anymore. With the best race track and, after Kent, the second best stadium in the country they don't need to try very hard at all but choose cliched comments instead. 2/10 must try harder.

I see your point Mr Ore, But wouldn't it make it more interesting if we knew the background of the riders we don't know. Are they any good, do they look good prospect in their own countries or are they future world champion prospects ?. Big up the meeting and maybe add a few more fans to the meeting. Does anyone go to the cinema not knowing or having heard of the movie, no they don't. But if it has a good build up people might just give it a try. At least the promoters should at least try . Also Mr Machin says if they any good a contract could be waiting. Do we ever sign anyone from these meetings, I seem to remember a certain Darcy Ward once rode.

Looks like a practice meeting for the Sheffield riders keep an eye on Anderson he's good.

Junior

Edited by junior fan