British Speedway Forum
oneandtwohalfs

Leicester V Newcastle Pl 13/07/13. 7.30pm

I too was a little disappointed that after such a good tense match that there was no victory parade but fully understand that they had to get the MDL match result done.

I agree Lionking I thought Rob did an excellent job of building the atmosphere up and providing good entertainment, I understand that Chris Popple has a new job on Sat nights which means he has to leave at 21:15 now perhaps he should go back up to the box to do the music then wouldn't be so obvious when he disappears. It would be a shame if this had to happen as had enjoyed the interesting interview that Rob has done during the track grades.

The riders were having trouble with the heavy wet dirt so I took a light cut and took it to the very out side. This left some dirt but not so heavy. As the dirt moved out and dryed I pulled some of it back in and rolled it at the same time. When its hot its very hard to get the watering right. If its windy and hot it drys out very quick so you put more water on and the wind drops and now its over watered.

I try to get a good race track with no dust but it is very hard at times. Hope this helps to explain why I took the dirt out.

Glyn

As always, Glyn, thanks for the feedback.

I didn't think it detracted from the racing at all, just thought it was unusual.

Well if Chris Popple has a new job on a saturday maybe he should step down from his position because lets be realistic he will have to leave most weeks before the end of the meeting & that is not very professional looking. Do you have any idea what the "rumoured argument " was about yesterday at the 4's ??

I agree Lionking I thought Rob did an excellent job of building the atmosphere up and providing good entertainment, I understand that Chris Popple has a new job on Sat nights which means he has to leave at 21:15 now perhaps he should go back up to the box to do the music then wouldn't be so obvious when he disappears. It would be a shame if this had to happen as had enjoyed the interesting interview that Rob has done during the track grades.

The riders were having trouble with the heavy wet dirt so I took a light cut and took it to the very out side. This left some dirt but not so heavy. As the dirt moved out and dryed I pulled some of it back in and rolled it at the same time. When its hot its very hard to get the watering right. If its windy and hot it drys out very quick so you put more water on and the wind drops and now its over watered.

I try to get a good race track with no dust but it is very hard at times. Hope this helps to explain why I took the dirt out.

Glyn

The work you did during the meeting was spot on perfect. First it removed the evident problems on the 2nd & 4th turns and then produced enough grip to give riders muli lines during the rest of the meeting and great entertainment. Job well done!

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!

2 good meetings in a row at JRSS. ( this time with no rain :lol: )

Lasse Bjerre in heat 15 was unreal 1st time this season he showed just what he is capable of & his commitment to the cause.

Just shows even with all the in house dicontent the riders still have an incredable deep team sprit to fight for eachother .

I was very annoyed that after such a superb last heat victory there was no victory parade but speaking to Martin Widman after the meeting i totally understood that they are fast running out of dates to stage the MDL matches & they only need to run 4 races to get a result.

Does anyone know what happend to Chris Popple he just disappeared off the centre green never to be seen again???

That was followed up by a rumoured heated argument with the start marshall John at the 4's yesterday maybe John got the courage to tell him what everyone else thinks that he is awful & boring on the centre green. But this is not the 1st time he flew off the handle at someone in public

I don't know if it was just me but the whole atomsphere got more exciting when Rob took over on the centre green and brought the crowd to life instead of Popple's 1 tone squeeky voice.

All in all an excellent nights racing with thrills & spills aplenty. :t::t::t:

Why keep having a dig at chris popple? Has he upset you ? Instead of bad mouthing him on here why not just speak to him face to face? No course you wont

• Like 1

Glyn

As usual Glyn - a fully factual explanation. :approve:

Thank you very much for that. :t:

I'm still wearing the 'Hat'. :t::)

Why is it whenever we get a decent meeting,Robert is noticeable by his absence on this forum..............just thinking aloud.

I have tried to speak to Chris on 2 different occasions about the things that grate people & how he could improve once during the 1st season 2011 where he told me things would improve (which is when they brought in Rob)

I then spoke to him last season again to try help improve things for the good of Leicester speedway, which is when he flew into a foul mouth rant where he told me in as many words that if i didn't like his centre green presenting Leicester Speedway wouldn't miss my £15 entry money he told me he was fully backed by David & if Chris had any problems to report it to David where the people would be banned from the stadium.

Why keep having a dig at chris popple? Has he upset you ? Instead of bad mouthing him on here why not just speak to him face to face? No course you wont

I have tried to speak to Chris on 2 different occasions about the things that grate people & how he could improve once during the 1st season 2011 where he told me things would improve (which is when they brought in Rob)

I then spoke to him last season again to try help improve things for the good of Leicester speedway, which is when he flew into a foul mouth rant where he told me in as many words that if i didn't like his centre green presenting Leicester Speedway wouldn't miss my £15 entry money he told me he was fully backed by David & if Chris had any problems to report it to David where the people would be banned from the stadium.

Ah yes that would be the year that he was getting fired at from all angles for being a traitor for being a DHist Supporters Club chairman. Have you tried this year? I've had many conversations with him and he is always open to ideas but then I don't know who you are so I don't know if that applies to you sorry.

As always, Glyn, thanks for the feedback.

seconded. Thankfully it looks like the tractor issues/holes in the track are a thing of the past. It was nice to see the riders not bobbing up and down around the corners.

produced enough grip to give riders muli lines during the rest of the meeting and great entertainment. Job well done!

Interestingly the track in the last two weeks has looked slick as you like to me. Ending up similar to the prep for most meetings over the first couple of years. Not sure what others think. Maybe the difference is i've not noticed so much of a blue line appearing though. Does starting with the shale on the track and then blading it (as seems to happen on most of our good meetings) maybe help keep the moisture in the base and stop it hardening up too much as opposed to preparing it slick to start out?

Always good to hear what Glyn has to say. Another good meeting with some good passes, culminating in Lasse's fantastic effort in 15. Still got a dodgy voice now from shouting. Reserves look an issue that needs sorting but the main body did a great job all of them.