British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jayne

Buxton V Kings Lynn 14/7/13

Well, it gave Max a run out for Dudley and gave the KL ultimate RINGER a day off in Germany to play with being an U16 International with a very false NL average. Pity that the ringer will be used when it suites KL as opposed to today! No bad feelings as it fits KL's Play Off/KO Cup options!

I think Lynn use Robert Lambert when it suits Robert Lambert rather than when it suits Lynn. And why should he not ride in Germany at weekends? Far better for his development than NL.

It really is a farce when clubs, especially at this level, can put out a team with 3 guests plus R/R.

No wonder we are dis-illusioned with the sport!

Glad we had another commitment which prevented us from travelling a 280mile round trip which would have been a waste of time and money.

• Like 1

It really is a farce when clubs, especially at this level, can put out a team with 3 guests plus R/R.

No wonder we are dis-illusioned with the sport!

Glad we had another commitment which prevented us from travelling a 280mile round trip which would have been a waste of time and money.

I think to be fair to the KL management, they didn't have much choice. Steve Worrall must have been an overnight decision post his crash at Leicester. Lewis Kerr would have been a late callup to the 4's after Christian Henry's crash at Leicester and Robert Lambert would have been a known absentee when he 'signed' for KL. Not sure about Lewis Rose though. A bit disappointing for the Lynn supporters after such good home performances but it looks like they fought well to get the score they did.

'17.5 NL Established MA’s is issued when a Rider completes 4 NL Meetings (irrespective of whether home or away) to be effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting.'

Shane Hazelden's effective average is 4.42, as per the BSPA greensheets, after he completed 4 meetings, similarly Rose has a new average. Though after KL's 5th league meeting (vs Mildenhall) all of Mallett, Kerr and Waldron rode their 4th meeting and should have new averages of 7.05, 6.94 and 3.20. Waldron is the interesting one though because the Mildenhall meeting was on July 3rd and yesterday's meeting was more than 7 days after this date so his 3.20 should have become effective, putting him at reserve and not Hazelden! I can't believe no-one has realised this so if I'm wrong please correct me but I can't see my error...

Edit: And while I'm on the subject of averages, Aaron Baseby should have a new average of 4.23, having completed his 4th meeting.

Edited by Islander15

Islander its something to do with Waldron having and assesed average at the start of the season and I think there is a different rule that says assed riders new average comes into force 7 days after the 23rd of that month or something along those lines. to many rules is all i can say

Islander its something to do with Waldron having and assesed average at the start of the season and I think there is a different rule that says assed riders new average comes into force 7 days after the 23rd of that month or something along those lines. to many rules is all i can say

Thankyou Garry for someone answering me. Mallett's new average puts him below Rose so that affects the team tomorrow as it means Worrall will be able to take a R/R ride. We'll see...

I would like to now why Adam Ellis is still at reserve when he has been scoring double figures for a very long time and his av is 3, is there a reason for this?

I would like to now why Adam Ellis is still at reserve when he has been scoring double figures for a very long time and his av is 3, is there a reason for this?

From my understanding of NL Regulations.... ALL the matches that Adam has ridden in the 2013 NT/KOC, etc. do not count towards his NL average, a bit like our crowd at Dudley! He will gain his 11 point or thereabouts average after he completes 4 NL matches anywhere. In fact tonight at KL is, I think his 4th NL meeting so he may get a new average that will be official in about 7 days time. Hope I have got this right as I am hoping our Dudley averages change after the Kent NL match and our little crowd have their correct averages 7 days later.