British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Brits Not Supporting Team Gb

As the title says. The country's gone to pot. The amount of British people supporting team aus or team USA is ridiculous, what is up with you

If your one of these give your head a wobble

BUT why do people think this is. I understand you have your favourite rider but come on. Country comes before favourite rider surely?????? Or does it??????

Am I the one in the wrong backing the GB boys

Come on team GB prove the doubters wrong, I'm a proud Brit and am behind you 100 million percent

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

I'm supporting Denmark as they have more Peterborough origins.

Club over country for me any day, I feel no emotional attachment to Woffinden,Harris,Cook or Kennett.

• Like 2

As the title says. The country's gone to pot. The amount of British people supporting team aus or team USA is ridiculous, what is up with you

BUT why do people think this is. I understand you have your favourite rider but come on. Country comes before favourite rider surely?????? Or does it??????

Come on team GB prove the doubters wrong, I'm a proud Brit and am behind you 100 million percent

No your not the only one.The country has gone to hell in a dustcart, and believe me, it will get far worse... but everybody will still back Team GB, same as every English person backed Team GB in last years Olympics.

Edited by Starman2006

Is there a right and wrong? I agree with you really, probably long before your time but it always seemed odd in the Eng v USA test matches of the early 80s the amount of Brits supporting the yanks. It was then, and probably still is, simply club rider support being transferred to his national team

• Like 1

exactly, just the usual speedway nerd attention seekers wanting to be the topic of conversation. :)

Club over country for me any day, I feel no emotional attachment to Woffinden,Harris,Cook or Kennett.

More like you dont want to penetrate any of the team GB boys where as MJJ is the king of your w@nk bank.

And I thought you were a poole fan now?

• Like 7

thought you were a Poole fan?? Is it Peterborough this week seen as they won last? :)
  • Like 1

The ones that pee me off are the ones who support the team likely to win. Poles one season, Danes the next. OK if you have some afinity to the rider you'll suport them/hir country, I get that - it's not for me, I'll support the Brits - but to change what counry you're going to support, utter madness.

Just as well Pakistan aren't in it then.It would need to be held at the Millenium Stadium. :rofl:

• Like 2

I am English and could not give a rats arce about Wales, Scotland or Ireland. I feel no real need to show how proud I am of being from where I am from, especially not with some impossible mathematic figure, and leave such nonsense to Americans.

Would I like the Brit lads to win the WTC? Of Course. Will they? Not a chance in hell.

I wanted the Russians to win as I like them.

Will I be supporting GB from my computer chair this evening? Of Course. I always do.

The country has not gone to pot in the slightest. People cheer for their favourites.

I feel no pride at some cricketers that won some daft cricket match as I don't like cricket and could not care less about some scotch bloke who won a tennis match. I don't give a crap about our stupid national anthem and the bunch of worthless parasites it kisses the arces of.

Does that make me less English than someone who backs the speedway team '100 million percent'?

Of course it doesn't.

We English don't feel the need to show how patriotic we are.............. except of course those who do.

Which sums us up rather well. :)

I am English and could not give a rats arce about Wales, Scotland or Ireland. I feel no real need to show how proud I am of being from where I am from, especially not with some impossible mathematic figure, and leave such nonsense to Americans.

Would I like the Brit lads to win the WTC? Of Course. Will they? Not a chance in hell.

Will I be supporting GB from my computer chair this evening? Of Course. I always do.

The country has not gone to pot in the slightest. People cheer for their favourites.

I feel no pride at some cricketers that won some daft cricket match as I don't like cricket and could not care less about some scotch bloke who won a tennis match. I don't give a crap about our stupid national anthem and the bunch of worthless parasites it kisses the arces of.

Does that make me less English than someone who backs the speedway team '100 million percent'?

Of course it doesn't.

We English don't feel the need to show how patriotic we are.............. except of course those who do.

think your missing the point..... It's ok not to arsed, but to show support a different country to your own beggars belief

I never understand people supporting another country, there was a few Brits with aussie flags last season at KL. I get wanting your club riders to do well in an event but to turn up with another countrys flag is bizarre.

• Like 3

It would be interesting to know if the same sort of thing occurs in other countries, I find it hard to imagine any Poles behaving in such a way but who knows.

I'm too much of a patriot to consider supporting any other county, as far as I'm concerned if you wear the 3 Lions then you are my kind and I'll back you all the way, even Edward Kennett on this occasion :rofl:

Edited by nw42

Always been the same. You would go to Coventry in the 80s for the old Overseas Finals and the amount of Midlands based fans waving the stars and stripes was embarrassing.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 2

Of course it doesn't.

I presume you're a paid-up BNP member, too?

Your opening statement is one of the prime reasons Alex Salmond will have no trouble winning independance from arces (sic) like your goodself next year.

I'll not be at King's Lynn tonight (Peterboro yesterday was far enough) but I'll be watching on TV, and hoping for a Team GB win. Because I'm Scottish, which makes me British. It is what the island is called.

Edited by luluthetiger
  • Like 2