British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rhidassa

King's Lynn V Isle Of Wight Weds 17th July @ 7.30pm

Entertaining meeting /well done to KL /and to Darryl Richings .yes I can make that comment I was there last night .

• Like 1

Neil,

I am not sure by picking up a direct quote from Jayne that this answers Islander 15's question. Rule 17.5 is quite clear and islander 15's comment in my view is quite valid. 17.4.3 that specifies a date in the month where the MA's change only applies to EL/PL MA's.

Martin Widman

Thanks Martin, it is clear and that's why I can't understand how it's seemingly been overlooked. Once a rider takes part in 4 meetings, irrespective of home or away, he gets a new average 7 days later, but this isn't the case for the Lynn trio for some reason. Similarly though Baseby should have a new average and this isn't appearing on the BSPA site either.

Anyway the Islanders have done 4 meetings now and the 3 to have ridden in all 4 and have new averages are:

Ellis 10.00

Hopwood 6.44

Ritchings 6.18

So Ellis goes to #1 in 7 days (after Coventry away and KL home) and Stoneman moves to reserve.

My understanding of the way NL averages are calculated is the same as Jayne's.

Islander15 - Rule 17.5 refers to an 'established MA' being issued - that is a transition from an assessed average - rather than after every rider's 4th meeting

Martin - 17.4.3 doesn't actually state that it applies only to EL & PL (although you may feel that is implicit in the wording......)

My understanding of the way NL averages are calculated is the same as Jayne's.

Islander15 - Rule 17.5 refers to an 'established MA' being issued - that is a transition from an assessed average - rather than after every rider's 4th meeting

If you interpret it that way then how do you explain other riders being given an average after 4 meetings (take Coventry as an example, none of Branford, Jacobs or Sarjeant had an assessed average, or the KL team itself in Hazelden)? Plus if it only applies to assessed averaged riders then Waldron should get one because he has an assessed 5.00.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And you wonder why we can't attract new people to this sport ....

• Like 3

Entertaining meeting /well done to KL /and to Darryl Richings .yes I can make that comment I was there last night .

Yes I agree I was impressed with Richings and Ellis.

Are these 2 the 1st riders to go KL and make an impression on Lambert? I haven't been for any other meetings so it is difficult to gauge. I know Lambert was having an off night but until now, according to proboards, he appears to have gone unchallenged and streets ahead. I'm sure he enjoyed seeing people in front of him, and what he needed to do about it, as much as the crowd did.

All in all a good night.

For anyone who thinks this is a criticism it isn't. you seem to need to spell that out these days.

• Like 1

Both teams using r/r.

Sad times indeed.

I thought this was a Training League???

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And you wonder why we can't attract new people to this sport ....

To be fair. Teams do stretch and bend not break( just thought I would say that) the rules to within an inch of their natural lives. Questions do arise from time to time. Always trying to be 1 step ahead of the competitors.

Both teams using r/r.

Sad times indeed.

I thought this was a Training League???

I'd say R/R gives existing team members extra track time which in the NL is badly needed unless you double up PL. So even for a training league it has a positive.

Waldron's 3.20 has appeared on the BSPA site so KL did track an illegal team against the Islanders and Buxton. I'm not accusing anyone of why btw.

What on earth are you talking about. Waldron moved to reserve & Hazelden in the main body of the team as of the averages issued on the 18th July. The IOW meeting was Weds 17th July & Buxton before that so I don't understand what's illegal???

What on earth are you talking about. Waldron moved to reserve & Hazelden in the main body of the team as of the averages issued on the 18th July. The IOW meeting was Weds 17th July & Buxton before that so I don't understand what's illegal???

His 3.20 is from his first 4 meetings with the fourth being Mildenhall away on July 3rd so his average is effective from July 10th, which is before the Buxton and Isle of Wight meetings! Its just not been recognised on the BSPA site until the 18th.

• Like 2

The NL is not a 'training league'... It's a third division.

Delvelopment league, that has to be fair to all & develop young riders.sometimes it gets that wrong & sometimes it ties itself up in red tape & rules , &sometimes it gets things right.Enjoy the good times, !!

The NL is not a 'training league'... It's a third division.

And very good value for money /plus entertaining to boot .

• Like 1