British Speedway Forum
Ipswich Jules

Ipswich V Edinburgh 25/7/13

Perhaps the Monarchs fans can polish his van with their keys again !

or even better slash his tyres! ;)

I understand it definitely wasn't unprovoked. That doesn't make it right of course but it wasn't just done out of the blue for no reason.

And the provocation was ? Genuine question as I havent been made aware of anything that would warrant the reaction.

I understand it definitely wasn't unprovoked. That doesn't make it right of course but it wasn't just done out of the blue for no reason.

judging by the way cook was telling barker on twitter that the Brits hated him etc( since deleted) it also could be pre meditated maybe??

So what exactly is the issue between the two then?

And the provocation was ? Genuine question as I havent been made aware of anything that would warrant the reaction.

I was told by an eye witness that Barker pushed him as they returned to the pits. I didn't say the reaction was reasonable.

Tom Owen was thrown out of a meeting at Paisley in 1975 while with Newcastle, also after a first heat incident.

Likely the same issue there seems to be between Barker and quite a number of other riders...

• Like 4

Cook has been a silly boy reacting to that rodent!

he should no better it's not the first time and won't be the last that mr barker gets involved in this kind of stuff.

One of these times Barker is going to get himself into bother and really get hurt but i'm sure he will get a nice reception when he comes to armadale. :P

I think you are right regarding Barker,the Ref was probably taking Barkers mentality into account and made a difficult decision.Cook needs to be taken a side and somebody have a quiet word in his ear.think he has a chip on his shoulder after the events of last week ,but these things happen in sport.Perhaps he should have throw them both out of the meeting.
  • Like 1

Big rivals with short fuses and itchy twitter fingers. Not clever. Incredibly frustrating for Cook to become the first rider who seems to have made Barker look the innocent party, after dozens of previous incidents with other riders in which he didn't!

• Like 1

And fans suggesting he should have his tires slashed helps, what a stupid thing to say, or are you trying stir things up between fans too?

• Like 2

And fans suggesting he should have his tires slashed helps, what a stupid thing to say, or are you trying stir things up between fans too?

It was a joke that's why there is a wink face at the end of my comment!

Edited by Mr Blobby

Sarcastic or not it's a bit of a dumb arse thing to say, cos believe it or not some people would be stupid enough to do it

• Like 4

Cook has no one to blame but himself, what did he honestly expect after his attack on Barker & Bridger in the media because he wasn't good enough to keep his SWC place ?, Ben or even Lewis are perfectly entitled to be p***ed off with him.

Barker's no angel but Cook is fast turning into a poor mans Darcy Ward, all of the arrogance and not even half the talent.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 7

Firstly, have to feel sorry for the Edinburgh fans and riders who travelled down to Ipswich to have their chance of a cup final taken away by the actions of their number 1. Secondly, have to give credit to the referee for taking the action he did, because there is no place for this in speedway. There were a lot of children there, being the first week of school holidays, so what Cook down was out of order. From what I saw from sitting by the start line is Ben was walking past Craig, maybe there were words between the two but couldn't hear and Craig grabbed him by shoulder and then punched him in the back of the head. It then spilled into the pit area and couldn't see anymore. By some accounts the ref took the two riders and managers into the dressing rooms, and Craig was effing and blinding at the ref and ripped a heater off the wall. Then it was announced that Craig was banned from the rest of the meeting. The last time I remember a rider getting banned from the rest of the meeting for punching a fellow rider was Craig Boyce on Tomasz Gollob at the gp at Hackney.

Craig Cook..elite league matches 13 average 8.28 Premier league matches 22 average10.85. Ben Barker elite league 14 matches average 7.20. Premier league 19 matches average10.85. That is all. :blink:

Your point is ?, averages are an irrelevance to whether Cook is an arrogant prat.

• Like 1