British Speedway Forum
Ipswich Jules

Ipswich V Edinburgh 25/7/13

Whilst Cook has issued a statement on his own site, Barker has tweeted: @benbarker88: Everyone can hear my version of the events in The Sun newspaper tomorrow #TheSun

Make it seem like he is Katie Price. "Want the juicy gossip on what happened to little old defenseless me, pick up a copy of tomorrow Sun newpaper with a Free voucher on boxing classes inside! My story will be on page 3!"
  • Like 1

These two wouldn't have lasted two minutes back then, when hairy arsed real men were cutting about the speedway scene :P

EEEEWWWW !!!!! Don't think I would have lasted 2 mins either on that description.

• Like 2

I willing to bet the this Barker v Cook squabble will be guarantee a few extra through the gates the next time they meet.

I willing to bet the this Barker v Cook squabble will be guarantee a few extra through the gates the next time they meet.

Doubt it... Gentle Ben will pick up a false eyelash injury and not travel North of Manchester

And I think you're talking rubbish! OK, I agree, if cookie has damaged equipment and continued to act in an aggressive manner when talking to the referee, then fine. The ban was the right thing to do. But nobody is pointing to why it started in the first place. Will Barker explain in the Sun what the initial provocation was that made Cook react like he did? Cook had beaten him in the race fair and square so wouldn't just go and start a fight. He reacted (wrongly) to what was said. After it flew out of hand with the ref.

But of course, Barker won't have said anything... Poor little Benji... All the blame is on cookie. Fact is nothing would have happened if Barker could keep his mouth shut - maybe this is the reason fellow professionals don't get on with him.

I was one that was also lost out last night but I feel as aggrieved with the intended incitement in the programme by a supposed professional promotion team and the actions as much of your riders as our own.

Well done Cookie for the professional apology. Now to do the talking on the track.

I'm talking rubbish and you're Nutz so we're level pegging so far!

For what it's worth I'm disappointed that Ben is talking to the Sun. Yes Cooks apology was very professional, have you any idea who wrote it for him?

And how do you know for a fact that this wouldn't have happened if Ben had have kept his mouth shut? Proof required here please.

I don't buy a programme so haven't a clue what you mean in your last statement.

Sorry, you had to waste so much petrol money last night on that farce. You travelling Edinburgh fans were the biggest losers.

LOL.. some of you on here really make me laugh..'Gentle Innocent Ben' copped a fine for this too by the way motormouth ;) Barkers been pishing people off and involved in incidents throughout his whole career so he's hardly Snowwhite in all this now is he?! :rolleyes: In fact i'm surprised he hasnt been lamped more by his fellow riders to be honest but there ya go..Easy to condemn Cookie but he's said his peace and i for one respect him for it..now i wonder if Ben Barker's gonna get his baps out for the Daily Scum tomorrow..or maybe they have enough t1ts already? :D

stop talking out of your backside.

we all know ben rubs people up the wrong way. But cookie started on him so i suggest get your facts right

I dont know what was said Lioness but there were apparently zillions of people who were in there with them & the poor heater.. ;)

Tool

Apparently a frank discussion with a referee is now verboten..what next?A ban on overtaking..bloody hell!I've seen countless riders visit the referees box for a 'wee chat' but not get thrown out of a meeting.. #Pathetic :mad:

On a plus point it is nice to see so many people chewin' the fat on BSF once more..t'is been a while.. :P

he decided to basically wreck the room! thrown out because the ref couldnt be sure that he wouldnt attack Barker on the track.

wqe all know Barkers a bit of a plank but this was needless all because Ben took his place in team gb cook needs to grow up or piss away his career

And I think you're talking rubbish! OK, I agree, if cookie has damaged equipment and continued to act in an aggressive manner when talking to the referee, then fine. The ban was the right thing to do. But nobody is pointing to why it started in the first place. Will Barker explain in the Sun what the initial provocation was that made Cook react like he did? Cook had beaten him in the race fair and square so wouldn't just go and start a fight. He reacted (wrongly) to what was said. After it flew out of hand with the ref.

But of course, Barker won't have said anything... Poor little Benji... All the blame is on cookie. Fact is nothing would have happened if Barker could keep his mouth shut - maybe this is the reason fellow professionals don't get on with him.

I was one that was also lost out last night but I feel as aggrieved with the intended incitement in the programme by a supposed professional promotion team and the actions as much of your riders as our own.

Well done Cookie for the professional apology. Now to do the talking on the track.

cook rode into him by the pit gate for no reason after the race and Barker reacted to that. so yes ben did naff all wrong apart from taking cooks place in team gb

I'm sure not one person honestly believes that the incident had anything whatsoever to do with heat 1 of yesterdays meeting.

• Like 1

Whilst Cook has issued a statement on his own site, Barker has tweeted: @benbarker88: Everyone can hear my version of the events in The Sun newspaper tomorrow #TheSun

He really makes a pratt of himself. How does he feel he is going to help speedway by going to a seedy newspaper thats always full of lies and letting everybody know how violent our family sport can be?

And he wonders why hes so disliked

You're a bit clueless aren't you

• Like 1

I'm sure not one person honestly believes that the incident had anything whatsoever to do with heat 1 of yesterdays meeting.

How true. ;)

Fact is nothing would have happened if Cook didn't lose his dummy after being dropped from the world cup and starting spouting tripe on twitter about fellow riders, so maybe Cook needs to keep his mouth shut also. Regarding the apology why did it take so long to put on his website, as he tweeted last night it would be on at midday. He could have done it last night, but then I guess he didn't write it and somebody did it for him.

Nutz, can I try a different tack.....

Two riders have a bit of a barney, wee bit of handbags in the pits - lets face it that happens all the time. Its a high adrenalin sport and most of the time they get it out of their system and shake hands after the meeting and are back to normal. Referees fine riders for it when they are aware of it, its part of the rules, the riders have a moan, fans dont always even know about it, its accepted, everyone moves on, no drama, part and parcel of the sport. Agreed?

However if when that happens and the referee delivers the slap on the wrist, say one rider apparently loses it and cant seem to calm down and accept it. I dont see that anyone other than that rider is responsible for that action. The referee has to think of the safety of ALL of the riders on track and if he feels that a rider is so far out of control he could endanger others then he HAS to remove him from the meeting.

Now this is all partly supposition as none of us were there but surely if what is widely reported is remotely near the truth then thats a fair supposition and the only person responsible for the rider getting thrown out of the meeting is the rider himself.

Im not defending what Barker may or may not have done (again none of us know) but its irrelevant. The action that got Cook thrown out took place in the meeting with the referee and was down to Craig himself

• Like 4

I'm talking rubbish and you're Nutz so we're level pegging so far!

For what it's worth I'm disappointed that Ben is talking to the Sun. Yes Cooks apology was very professional, have you any idea who wrote it for him?

And how do you know for a fact that this wouldn't have happened if Ben had have kept his mouth shut? Proof required here please.

I don't buy a programme so haven't a clue what you mean in your last statement.

Sorry, you had to waste so much petrol money last night on that farce. You travelling Edinburgh fans were the biggest losers.

In answer to the questions, yep, I'm Nutz! You get that from being an Edinburgh supporter at times!

No, I don't know who wrote it for him. There's nothing to suggest he didn't write it himself but I'd suggest it was in conjunction with Edinburgh speedway.

No proof that it wouldn't have happened if Barker hadn't have said said something. However I'd ask why he would start something when he'd beaten him on the track?

Think if you can get hold of the programme, you'd be appalled. Some of the accusations and comments written were out of order and border on libel.

Thanks though for the words. It's nice that it's still recognised that we wasted money supporting our team that was ruined by two adrenaline fuelled riders.

cook rode into him by the pit gate for no reason after the race and Barker reacted to that. so yes ben did naff all wrong apart from taking cooks place in team gb

Wrong. Cook was nowhere near him when he went back to the pits.

Again, totally agree. Heat 1 was the fuel for the fire that's been smouldering for a month.

Regarding the apology why did it take so long to put on his website, as he tweeted last night it would be on at midday. He could have done it last night, but then I guess he didn't write it and somebody did it for him.

I'm guessing he didn't put anything on last night so as not to say something out of turn in the heat of the moment. That's professionalism that at times he's not shown when regards Twitter and in my mind should be commended for it.

Nutz, can I try a different tack.....

Two riders have a bit of a barney, wee bit of handbags in the pits - lets face it that happens all the time. Its a high adrenalin sport and most of the time they get it out of their system and shake hands after the meeting and are back to normal. Referees fine riders for it when they are aware of it, its part of the rules, the riders have a moan, fans dont always even know about it, its accepted, everyone moves on, no drama, part and parcel of the sport. Agreed?

However if when that happens and the referee delivers the slap on the wrist, say one rider apparently loses it and cant seem to calm down and accept it. I dont see that anyone other than that rider is responsible for that action. The referee has to think of the safety of ALL of the riders on track and if he feels that a rider is so far out of control he could endanger others then he HAS to remove him from the meeting.

Now this is all partly supposition as none of us were there but surely if what is widely reported is remotely near the truth then thats a fair supposition and the only person responsible for the rider getting thrown out of the meeting is the rider himself.

Im not defending what Barker may or may not have done (again none of us know) but its irrelevant. The action that got Cook thrown out took place in the meeting with the referee and was down to Craig himself

I can accept that and have said so in previous posts... Thing I've been arguing against is most see Barker as the innocent party in this and he was by no means innocent whatsoever.

• Like 1

Fair enough Nutz, I think I am just looking at the one issue that caused the exclusion and worry that people are trying to deflect it by pointing out Barkers past. My apologies for not fully understanding you!