British Speedway Forum
Ipswich Jules

Ipswich V Edinburgh 25/7/13

I put a wink after my comment - it's called humour. Your reply is simply childish.

You are missing the point - Cook doesn't have to apologise to Barker. They were both fined for what happened in the pits - or have you still failed to comprehend that?

There is no-one else to blame for Cook's behaviour in the meeting with Dan Holt, which ultimately led to Cook's ejection from the meeting, but Cook himself. Cook had a choice, and he made the wrong one.

I suggest you read about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - it has some brilliant, provenly effective uses, for issues such as lack of confidence, all the way to other end of the spectrum, e.g. anger management. It's all about understanding your own reaction to "trigger" events, and learning how to deal with them in a more positive manner.

CBT didn't really do anything for me, I've been moved on to CAT(analytic) now.

True story but totally off topic!

See midnight lady had a rant on fb about had enough.... Love...ely.... Lol

Unless dekker is midnight lady then I'm as confused as him/her :)

Edited by Arson fire

I'm just waiting for an English translation

yer = you, as in NOT me. the rest IS plain ENGLISH.. should have stuck in at school instead of playing truant in the bike sheds..

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

PS..if this thread goes on much longer will it go to extra time & a penalty shootout? Ipswich don't have a very good record in those if I recall..Just wonderin'... Sweet dreams peeps :D

Edited by Young51

you keep saying this like its very often?? Is it?? I'm not so sure??

Altercations with North and an innocent Hougaard at Boro last Monday, Cook on Thursday. That's 3 incidents in four heats that I witnessed...
  • Like 1

Altercations with North and an innocent Hougaard at Boro last Monday, Cook on Thursday. That's 3 incidents in four heats that I witnessed...

you only witnessed 4 heats?? Have you any before that?? This season?? Last season?? Genuine question.

you only witnessed 4 heats?? Have you any before that?? This season?? Last season?? Genuine question.

No not personally..

Oh good..another all seeing all-knowing smartarse on the forum..the BSF doesn't have enough of them already (eh Jules? ;) ) Welcome to speedway paradise Mr 'Had Enough'.. you'll find some good like minded soulmates on here! :wub: Oh,and great choice of moniker btw..very appropriate i think! :P Turned out nice again int it? B) Night all :)

Midnight Lady is the perfect example of a Moanarch who is not slightly interested in sharing speedway with anyone else, remaining in her perfectly created cocoon surrounded by sycophantic fans who constantly agree with each other. Fans who happily celebrated Cook's violence at Foxhall.

Cook and Barker had a spat - end of.

Cook subsequently decided to do something stupid that got him kicked out of the meeting. Edinburgh team and fans let down. He's apologised. End of.

Ipswich would still win even with Barker's points removed, and even with the points he scored in two heats advanced.

All too simple for some people :-)

• Like 1

Don't know what Barker said but it couldn't have been very professional. :o:cheers: As for being a professional rider he comes across as a bit of a twit.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

Having had to deal with both riders they both seem to feel they can do as they please as far as officials are concerned.

Ben Barker seems from all accounts to have the knack for being able to "push buttons" and get others to react, so he probably likes to play little games, in the style of a little boy who's yet to mature fully into an adult. This trait is far from uncommon among males, especially those in their 20's.

Craig Cook, from what I've seen of him, is quite a focused young man, in fact very focussed indeed and in that respect rather different from the majority of British riders. That's why he's good, and Barker knows that and he's carrying a fair bit of envy around with him against Cook.

The best advice I can give to Cook is to keep up the focus and intensity, and learn to not allow the game-players to get to you. Also, it could help if you were to chill out a bit more (I'm talking about speedway-wise here) as being 100% focussed can be counterproductive at times!

• Like 3

Hamish, do you know Ben Personally then to know what he thinks?

Edited by Bash
  • Like 1

Hamish, do you know Ben Personally then to know what he thinks?

To be fair that could probably be written on the back of a stamp Bash lol :P

Edited by Young51
  • Like 1

Ben Barker seems from all accounts to have the knack for being able to "push buttons" and get others to react, so he probably likes to play little games, in the style of a little boy who's yet to mature fully into an adult. This trait is far from uncommon among males, especially those in their 20's.

Craig Cook, from what I've seen of him, is quite a focused young man, in fact very focussed indeed and in that respect rather different from the majority of British riders. That's why he's good, and Barker knows that and he's carrying a fair bit of envy around with him against Cook.

The best advice I can give to Cook is to keep up the focus and intensity, and learn to not allow the game-players to get to you. Also, it could help if you were to chill out a bit more (I'm talking about speedway-wise here) as being 100% focussed can be counterproductive at times!

If Ben can "push buttons" , more fool Cook for falling for it. I have many friends who are professional rugby players. Before every match they study videos if the opposing team to look for weaknesses. If they identify someone who's easily wound up they target him in the hope he'll lose it and end up sun binned for ten minutes. It's all part of gamesmanship.

If Cook lost it after being spoken to by the ref that's not Bens fault. I've only spoken to Ben a couple if times and found him approachable and willing to help. Rather than criticising him maybe he could be a clever bugger who knows just how to get under an opponents skin.

Don't know what Barker said but it couldn't have been very professional. :o:cheers: As for being a professional rider he comes across as a bit of a twit.

I personally couldn't care less how Barker comes across, I would absolutely love to see him as number 1 at Redcar. Barker is the kind of rider I like to pay my entrance fee to go and watch.
  • Like 4