British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny the spud

Iow V Young Stars 23/07

Meeting about to start. No thread on here. Nothing on twitter nothing on updates site. Poor show

Phew. Finally

Meeting about to start. No thread on here. Nothing on twitter nothing on updates site. Poor show

Phew. Finally

Everyone must be watching to see if William and Kate leave Hospital.... :party:

Phew. Finally

I have noticed this season, there are very few thread starters for meetings in the NL, my own Heathens have an odd meeting thread, whereas in seasons past, most meetings there was a thread about. Kent seem to be just about the most regular contributers now, Buxton, Stoke very little. I don't know if this is due to Fb or Twtr or more worryingly a general lack of interest in NL racing.

There is updates on speedway updates, Lambert has beaten Ellis three times in the first six races, Kerr didn't make it so its r/r for him and no rider at number two.

Robert want to go EL with Lynn next year ,

My first sight of Robert Lambert and all I can say is WOW!!!

Mightily impressive and beaten only when outgated by Steve Boxall in Heat 15

My first sight of Robert Lambert and all I can say is WOW!!!

Mightily impressive and beaten only when outgated by Steve Boxall in Heat 15

There is no doubt that Lambert is a talent on track that is well documented but I was particularly impressed with his off track(so to speak) maturity. He gave up his max for the benefit of the team as he was unable to take the tac ride so rode with Worrall and let him past on the last bend to secure the 8-1 and then went up to Boxall in the pits to shake his hand after heat 15.

but the biggest praise should go to both sets of managers who worked their socks off with tactical rider replacments and substitutions to get the best from the teams. They could do no more apart from jump on a bike and ride it themselves. :t:

Edited by TMW
  • Like 2

Quick Question. I was under the Impression that NL riders with a PL CMA of 4:00 or above are not allowed to guest. So how are IoW allowed to have Boxall & Hughes in there as guests? Am I reading it wrong some where?

Edit: Or does it mean not able to be a NL guest in the PL?

Edited by Triple B's

Quick Question. I was under the Impression that NL riders with a PL CMA of 4:00 or above are not allowed to guest. So how are IoW allowed to have Boxall & Hughes in there as guests? Am I reading it wrong some where?

Edit: Or does it mean not able to be a NL guest in the PL?

It means they can't be used as a 3 point averaged guest in the PL I believe mate as they have obtained a higher average.

I also think it can be done because Steve or Kyle dont ride in the premier league at the moment.

Robert want to go EL with Lynn next year ,

Do you mean Robert wants to go EL next year with Lynn himself, or you think he should?

Personally, I hope he doesn't.

Why do you hope not. Would you rather he goes to another club .I would like to see him in the stars team next season.

Why do you hope not. Would you rather he goes to another club .I would like to see him in the stars team next season.

He only turned 15 this year. Who's to say he needs to go elite league straight away? I personally think some solid experience in the premier league first would benefit him in the long run, though that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

Do you mean Robert wants to go EL next year with Lynn himself, or you think he should?

Personally, I hope he doesn't.

No he said he want to go EL with Lynn at a young star meeting Lorna :)

He certainly did Greg.

I don't think the lad needs the PL either. He's already got Germany with a spot available in Denmark too in 2014.

It won't be to long before Swedish & Polish speedway take a look too.

• Like 1