British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Oh Dear, Lee Guilty Of Drug Possession

Best wishes Michael..

Leave him alone, he was the most talented rider I ever saw - up there with young Darcy..

Who are any of you to judge :t:

• Like 2

Best wishes Michael..

Leave him alone, he was the most talented rider I ever saw - up there with young Darcy..

Who are any of you to judge :t:

This thread and its anti-Michael Lee has gone "way over the top." It was not a Crown Court trial before a judge and jury but only before local magistrates. I endorse what yerropes says "Leave him alone."

Edited by Guest

This thread and its anti-Michael Lee has gone "way over the top," It was not a Crown Court trial before a judge and judge but only before local magistrates. I endorse what yerropes says "Leave him alone."

Come on you guys.

Michael Lee was/is a public figure. Folk are bound to comment.

• Like 1

Must be one of the things on the local police's "to do" list. Every so often raid and search Mike Lee's house and get an easy bust.

Pointless.

Or someone has blown the whistle.. :blink:

As long as the work he was of a good quality then no, it didn't impact others. If it was impacting others then yes, it's bad but if it was that bad he'd lose cust wouldnt he?

I still don't agree. We've had numerous law removed, changed and created. Are you saying that while the law was around it was ok but when it was removed it was bad? It's not that black and white. Yes he HAS to be punished, he has broken the law but certainly regarding the weed, it's a pretty silly law IMO.

I suggest you do some research into long term cannabis use, its not a pretty picture as I have seen first hand..

• Like 2

What a load of out of touch do gooders some of you on here really are! Iv smoked weed, tons of it. Speed, coke, pills, the lot. And then i became a dad 7 years ago. So i stopped. Dont touch any of it now and iv never been tempted. Now im not askin for any "well dones" im just layin out my background for you. Reality is, in all that time i had my "fun" cos it was let me tell you. I never got into fights, never hurt anyone, never pushed anyone else into anything. I know loads of lads who love a beer, followed by a good scrap and a few nights in the cells! Truth is, the law in some cases is an utter load of old tosh! Alcohol? Legal?? Do me a favour! How many deaths are caused by recreational drugs a year? Thats all of them added together? How many are caused by alcohol? Il leave it for the "do gooders" to spend the next few hours researching it cos i cant be arsed! Michael Lee? Great rider, but suffers from a very addictive personality obviously. I hope hes ok. Which to be honest, apart half of you lot on here givin him grief, im sure he is

Par for course nowadays really,older generations may think that one puff on a joint or an odd bit of amphetamine is an automatic path to stealing grandma's pension and blowing it all in some crack den,addicted for life,alcahol fares way way higher in terms of the all over negativity

Ironically we see advers everywhere we turn for gambling which can lead to people's lives being sucked into oblivion and so on,crazy world really,with so many laws passed that the majority don't want,the majority think are wrong,but have no choice other than abide by them

Par for course nowadays really,older generations may think that one puff on a joint or an odd bit of amphetamine is an automatic path to stealing grandma's pension and blowing it all in some crack den,addicted for life,alcahol fares way way higher in terms of the all over negativity

I am by no means 'older generation', but when you have seen first hand the impact weed can have on peoples mental health, then you would not be so flippant.

with so many laws passed that the majority don't want,the majority think are wrong,but have no choice other than abide by them

Who says the majority don't want this particular law? I must have missed that piece of evidence.

• Like 2

Ironically we see advers everywhere we turn for gambling which can lead to people's lives being sucked into oblivion and so on,crazy world really,with so many laws passed that the majority don't want,the majority think are wrong,but have no choice other than abide by them

You make it sound as if he's a first time offender.

I suggest you do some research into long term cannabis use, its not a pretty picture as I have seen first hand..

As indeed are the effects of long term alcohol use. As with most things used in moderation, both can help an individual's well being. Indeed cannabis is often prescribed for those individuals who sadly suffer from MS.

Perhaps blupanther needs to do a little further research!!!

With Lee's record looks like he has been addicted for life ...by the way where do you think he gets his drugs from ? the bottom line is that the money he makes from Speedway is given to drug dealers who inturn used that cash to supply harder drugs to kids etc ....not just about some guy having a smoke and takeing a couple of pills .
  • Like 5

As indeed are the effects of long term alcohol use. As with most things used in moderation, both can help an individual's well being. Indeed cannabis is often prescribed for those individuals who sadly suffer from MS.

Perhaps blupanther needs to do a little further research!!!

The medical application of cannabis is far removed from the illegal drug sold by dealers, and being a pharmacist makes sure my research is pretty much up to date thanks...

The medical application of cannabis is far removed from the illegal drug sold by dealers, and being a pharmacist makes sure my research is pretty much up to date thanks...

But those MS sufferers that say they get relief from cannabis are the ones smoking the stuff available on the 'black market'. I don't think the medical version is giving much relief. I certainly would never condone drugs, whether it be cannabis, speed, steroids, ibroprofen abuse, paracetamol abuse, alcohol abuse, too many fags etc etc. But many do one or some of what I have mentioned. I admit, I probably drink too much. I think the 'hang em and flog em' thrown at Michael Lee is way way over the top. For those that have said he was a great rider in his hay day and are now disowning him, perhaps you should hang your heads in shame. You cheered and revered the guy on the way up and if his personality is, he couldn't handle it, then indirectly, you contributed to it. On his way down, many have deserted him, which probably also contributes to his problems.

• Like 1

With Lee's record looks like he has been addicted for life ...by the way where do you think he gets his drugs from ? the bottom line is that the money he makes from Speedway is given to drug dealers who inturn used that cash to supply harder drugs to kids etc ....not just about some guy having a smoke and takeing a couple of pills .

That's a rather elaborate scenario? But good BSF-style logic! :sad:

Edited by Guest

TRUE though.

Edited by The White Knight

Why ? where do you think he's buying his drugs from ? Boots ?
  • Like 2