British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Sheffield Tigers V Newcastle Diamonds Premier League 1st August

I was building the team last week at the test match, Below is very close points wise but may be a little expensive!!

Simon Stead 9.33

Richard Lawson 8.29

Adam Roynon 7.81

Andre Compton 5.36

Kyle Newman 5.29

Facundo Albin 3.63

Damien Koppe 3.00 = 42.71

This may fit as points will adjust slightly before the end of the season so may only need fine tuning

Superb performance from Lawson,cant believe how excited he was after heat 15 ! Very unusual to see a guest celebrate like he did.If hes that passionate guesting for us he needs to join us next season.Roynon was on fire too.awesome.Afew inconsistent performances from albin ,koppe and haines and wells was really poor.Dont think he wanted to be there last night,shame because hes got potential.

Riders like winning, Richie Worral was the same last week when he helped Plymouth beat Workington at Derwent Park.

Superb performance from Lawson,cant believe how excited he was after heat 15 ! Very unusual to see a guest celebrate like he did.If hes that passionate guesting for us he needs to join us next season.Roynon was on fire too.awesome.Afew inconsistent performances from albin ,koppe and haines and wells was really poor.Dont think he wanted to be there last night,shame because hes got potential.

I think the big problem with Ricky Wells is that I think genuinely struggles with the Sheffield track, but his figures away from Sheffield are really good, slightly under 7 at home where as over 8 points away from home for meetings rode this season. That means the majority of the fans at Sheffield don't really see the true value of Ricky Wells to the team.

• Like 2

He was absolutely fantastic for us tonight, would be very welcome next season!

Please take him next season, we at Workington have suffered enough watching him going round uninterested at the back when he doesn't gate, the lad couldn't pass wind!

I think Lawson likes Sheffield, Sheffield Like Lawson and from what i've read the fans like Lawson, 2014 could be interesting :-) would love to see him in a Tigers race jacket on a permanent basis.

He was absolutely fantastic for us tonight, would be very welcome next season!

Lawson will be riding next season where he is allowed to ride by that Girlfriend of his and it won't be Workington, I'm sure she is mechanicing for him in the pits at Worky on a Saturday now :rofl::D

• Like 1

I think Lawson likes Sheffield, Sheffield Like Lawson and from what i've read the fans like Lawson, 2014 could be interesting :-) would love to see him in a Tigers race jacket on a permanent basis.

I think the majority of our fans still want Rich in a Comets race jacket, he's a local lad, he's well liked and a good captain. But who knows what will happen next year

• Like 2

I thought Richard was based nearer to Sheffield these days which might be a consideration for next year. It's early days yet though, we don't even know which teams / leagues will be running. Agree with earlier comments - his partnership with Adam is formidable now they've clearly got over that little misunderstanding a few weeks ago.

How many times has Lawson ridden for Sheffield now? Feels like I've seen more of him than Steady - especially when you count the GB v. Aus match as well.

• Like 1

Please take him next season, we at Workington have suffered enough watching him going round uninterested at the back when he doesn't gate, the lad couldn't pass wind!

You are entitled to your opinion but please don't imply that all Worky fans think the same way, Richard has been a great asset for the Comets and I for one would love to see him back next year

Edited by stemoc
  • Like 2

You are entitled to your opinion but please don't imply that all Worky fans think the same way, Richard has been a great asset for the Comets and I for one would love to see him back next year

Could also be that Lawson himself is looking for a change, some good performances for other clubs could be his way of putting himself in the shop window? Would have thought that Glasgow would have been favourite with them losing their two top men at season's end and Rich would be a pretty good start point for a new side!! As said tho, how many tracks will afford the new safety fences "and" be able to pay for top riders will be the big questions off season so speculation should be left til we know who is actually going to be around come 2014? ;)

Could also be that Lawson himself is looking for a change, some good performances for other clubs could be his way of putting himself in the shop window? Would have thought that Glasgow would have been favourite with them losing their two top men at season's end and Rich would be a pretty good start point for a new side!! As said tho, how many tracks will afford the new safety fences "and" be able to pay for top riders will be the big questions off season so speculation should be left til we know who is actually going to be around come 2014? ;)

Totally agree LL, I am sure Glasgow would love to have Richard in their team for 2014 and no doubt after last night Sheffield will be interested also. BUT he is a Comet and long may that continue

We need to give Damo a chance as he was coming back from injury! He gated well all evening but found it difficult to hold on to the bike , granted he needs more match fitness, but this is one determined lad, who I can tell you was very focused last night.

• Like 1

Damo might need to do what he did a few weeks ago and have a blast round scunny and where ever else he went just to get a bit of fitness back.We need him to get back to where he was scoring big numbers again.

I thought Richard was based nearer to Sheffield these days which might be a consideration for next year. It's early days yet though, we don't even know which teams / leagues will be running. Agree with earlier comments - his partnership with Adam is formidable now they've clearly got over that little misunderstanding a few weeks ago.

I am sure I read it on here that Richard was living or had been living with Andre.