British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Berwick Thursday August 1st 7.30pm

NL guest rather than a facility?

Ben Morley will come into cover Aspegren.

Berwick certainly have some riders who can win races but will they get the back up they need ? I believe this might be a little closer than some people think .

Admittedly having to use a Nat league guest won't help their cause but it should be a good night's racing .

Berwick certainly have some riders who can win races but will they get the back up they need ? I believe this might be a little closer than some people think .

Admittedly having to use a Nat league guest won't help their cause but it should be a good night's racing .

after barker gets a berwick rider banned ipswicth to win by 20 points :party:

Berwick by 12.

Any basis, or just pulled out of a hat?

More likely the Sackers Witches by 12-15. Smith & Ashworth to go reasonably well, with some back-up from Bellego & Wethers. Morley, Barrett & Starke will have to ride out of their skins to help get close to an away point - but i think the Witches riders will have the beating of all three of them.

Is that the same Ricky that scored 1 point last season?

I think that was his nightmare 2011 meeting. Last season, Ashworth scored 9+1 in the KOC-Up match and 5+1 in the PL match - including 3 heat wins and 3 non-finishes.

Thanks again Robin farewell to the point that we might of scraped out of this meeting!

Either with or without Aspegren I doubt whether Berwick wouldve ever got near a point.

It's a shame that Aspegren won't be here, especially as a lot of Berwick fans including myself will be travelling down! Ipswich should win this comfortably but hopefully at least racing will be good! Witches by 20.

Edited by bandits_4_life
  • Like 1

Sue is on Holiday so i'll ask

Is anyone going who could possibly text results for the Updates site for this meeting. If you can help, please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

It's a shame that Aspegren won't be here, especially as a lot of Berwick fans including myself will be travelling down! Ipswich should win this comfortably but hopefully at least racing will be good! Witches by 20.

It is unfortunate, it seems the rules concerning Swedish riders' fixtures have changed this year. Newcastle are without Ludvig Lindgren at Sheffierld too.

To be fair to Robin Aspegren, apart from when he fell ill en route to Plymouth, I think this is the first match he's missed?

With three PL teams having Thursday as their normal race night, it's time for the BSPA to start playing hard ball. As from next season any rider who races for an Allsvenskan League club should not be allowed to sign for a PL promotion.

Unless of course speedway in this country took the decision to adopt a squad system, when situations such as tonight could be easily accommodated.

As it stands at the moment it's the British fan that ends up short changed.

• Like 3

It is unfortunate, it seems the rules concerning Swedish riders' fixtures have changed this year. Newcastle are without Ludvig Lindgren at Sheffierld too.

To be fair to Robin Aspegren, apart from when he fell ill en route to Plymouth, I think this is the first match he's missed?

A lot to be said for having a team (almost) full of Ozzies. ;) But don't even mention doubling up / re-arranged fixtures. :shock: