British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Lucan

Workington V Rye House - 3/8/2013 - 7pm

Bit late in the day but any views on this match? Bit of an injury ravaged Rye in town tonight which is a shame as I was quite looking forward to seeing them at full strength!! They have been putting in some good performances away from home lately so here's hoping they will give us a test, Grazcjonek is a solid rider who should serve Rye well as should Mellgren/Bunyan, young reserves are a bit unknown to me so they will prove interesting to watch. After a couple of slip up's lately I'm looking for what should be a comfortable home win and get those pts ticking over again, slight change in team order could help so, let's see what happen's, go for 52-38!! ;)

I'd have been hopeful of a point with our full line up, but r/r for Nelson and an NL guest for Garrity? Do us a favour!!

Just hope we put in a good performance and don't crumble.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Best we can do is about 40pts, with Josh, Anders and Pontus hopefully getting double figures. Only been to Workington once, remember it well with Piscz riding like a madman around the boards and spraying alot of the crowd on bends1-2 with shale.

Best we can do is about 40pts, with Josh, Anders and Pontus hopefully getting double figures. Only been to Workington once, remember it well with Piscz riding like a madman around the boards and spraying alot of the crowd on bends1-2 with shale.

Hopefully, having a 7 ride ringer at reserve will offset Ben Hopwood having to ride in the 2-5.

whats lykke,like.

Can't gate but sometimes does. Can chase, harass and pass but often doesn't.

I still think that, at his age, he has potential but he's far too inconsistent. When he's got his passing boots on he's a rider I wouldn't want to be trying to hold off and I can see him getting a 'dirty rider' reputation with opposition supporters, such is his tenacity at times.

going by a few scores on the updates site, he can do the biz. pity about the rye team missing some proper triers. but worky being worky could fall to the rockets.

going by a few scores on the updates site, he can do the biz. pity about the rye team missing some proper triers. but worky being worky could fall to the rockets.

It'd be unfair to send all our triers at once but you're getting the 6 available tonight, all worth watching. '8th Rocket' Grajczonek and fellow guest Hopwood may be less spectacular than those they replace but there are times when less is more as an alternative to Kamikaze style, especially on away tracks..

If we get anything out of tonight we have done very well. It'll hinge on how Pontus and Kasper take to Derwent Park.

It'd be unfair to send all our triers at once but you're getting the 6 available tonight, all worth watching. '8th Rocket' Grajczonek and fellow guest Hopwood may be less spectacular than those they replace but there are times when less is more as an alternative to Kamikaze style, especially on away tracks..

...or maybe not.

Well done to Workington and let's hope the Rockets start off at Glasgow the way they ended tonight, 11-7 in the last 3 heats.

Well done to all the lads tonight, great team performance with the rain this week i think the track produced more passing lines and was more to the liking of the home riders. So next Sunday its Scunny bit more of a challenge but if we ride like we did tonight nothing to fear. Did I mention Richards great pass of Grajczonek in ht 11 race of the night with Ash grabbing 3rd from Bunyan. Did I read somewhere that Rich couldn't pass? ;0))

Well done to the whole team

• Like 1

Much better performance tonight than last week but I felt we took our foot off the gas a bit once the 3pts were wrapped up? Very impressed by young Aspgren at reserve, unlike a lot of overused riders at DP, he kept going right to the end and well worth the 9pts total he got looked fast and very capable, yep, I liked him!! :t: Mellgren was good once he got his finger out, Bunyan scored well initially then, "didn't", Grajczonek did what he always does here, solid single figure score, Hopwood, out of his depth and this kid Lykke, well, I didn't recognize the rider that was quoted in earlier posts as being a bit of a racer, looked smooth enough but I think he left some enthusiasm somewhere else tonight, not that dangerous!! :blink: Good to see the Comets back to some sort of form although Rene didn't look happy after his two opening race wins, dunno what happened there, Rich back to winning ways even passed someone "during" the race, get in there, confidence back!!! :D good efforts from Rusty (bread on the table this week) :rofl: Tero won well against the t/r of Bunyan and looked a bit quicker than usual, Ash had a good go tonight as did Millsy, got some good gates and Kyle again looking more like his old self. :t:Some very good racing from both teams aided by a much improved surface, very smooth, bit slick but so what, much prefer to see riders being able to race quickly without being thrown around by ruts and grippy patches so a big well done to the track staff, good job!! ;) Overall a not too bad meeting which, with a full side out, could have seen Rye nick a point or two, they were competitive for the most part so I don't think they let anyone down too much tonight tho I still think we had "rather more" in the tank if it really was needed to get the 3!!

Well done the comets, keep pushing at the top so we don't have to face the monarchs in the playoffs.

Why do you say that, I would think winning the league carries more kudos when "you" have beaten the "best teams" and not relied on someone else to do it for you, don't you? :blink:

Poor start did for us on this occasion. Out scored Workington in the second half of the meeting, but it was too late by then

Well done the comets, keep pushing at the top so we don't have to face the monarchs in the playoffs.

until the final maybe then we know what we happen