British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Sheffield (pl) 8/8/13 @ 7.30pm

Claus and Robert seemed to lock together from the start and accelerate straight through the fence, demolishing a huge section.

Sequence photographs of the incident and eye-witness reports from officials suggest that Robert Branford got out of shape entering the first bend.

Amazed but pleased to hear that the injuries werent too bad after seeing some pictures of the crash.

Sadly sounds like Robert had two bikes written off on the night , after being accidentaly taken out in heat 2.

You have to ask what was the ref was thinking when everyone including the other rider knew who was at fault.

Are they really that bad , thats what you keep hearing.

Junior

Was this not the same referee who made two schoolboy howlers at Ipswich last week?

Sequence photographs of the incident and eye-witness reports from officials suggest that Robert Branford got out of shape entering the first bend.

And how do you get out of shape going in a straight line, the two riders were locked together end off a racing incident,

Chopper

Edited by chopper
  • Like 3

They never turned! Got hooked together out of the start, went straight on into the fence. A ridiculous accusation, no need to try to hang blame on either "getting out of shape".

No doubt Speedway Star or Xtra will run the sequence of photos, but it must be made clear, neither was able to turn at all.

• Like 1

Utter tosh, the sequence photos start after the contact had been made,blind Freddy on the fouth bend could see what happened, maybe you and the ref had better head to spec savers and get the two for one special.

Junior

Utter tosh, the sequence photos start after the contact had been made,blind Freddy on the fouth bend could see what happened, maybe you and the ref had better head to spec savers and get the two for one special.

Junior

As you will see from the photograph in the link, Robert Branford, in yellow, is clearly not in control of his bike.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=1418

Wasn't there, but pretty clear from photo the rider in blue (Vissing?) has his arm over the rider in yellow (Branford's) right arm, which will clearly have the effect of holding Branford's throttle open and would be pulling him sideways while the bike maintained full speed ahead..

Nothing wrong in out-of-the-gate arm-wrestling, just a terrible outcome in this instance.

Agree with the posts by Boobs and Junior Fan. Totally disagree with Caithgen's post -- reports from officials?

As you will see from the photograph in the link, Robert Branford, in yellow, is clearly not in control of his bike.

http://www.edinburgh...cle.asp?id=1418

Depends what stage of the incident this was at. Where is the "sequence of photos" you mention?

I could show you a picture of me with Carmen Electra, doesn't mean she got her leg over!

• Like 2

Depends what stage of the incident this was at. Where is the "sequence of photos" you mention?

I could show you a picture of me with Carmen Electra, doesn't mean she got her leg over!

Bet she did tho George,unless you were playing hard to get.

• Like 1

Bet she did tho George,unless you were playing hard to get.

Her friend suggested she ask for my "celluar number". It was about 16 years ago though.

• Like 1

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=1418

Don't wate you time with this clown, I doubt they even know what a throttle is , just add it to the most stupid posts of the season coloumn.

Junior

I think to be fair that caithglen is merely commenting on a photo rather than apportiioning blame. We should be thankful that both riders got off relatively lightly - worst crash I have seen at Armadale and I was probably the closest spectator to it. I stood on the hill above the pits area about 15 yards from the crash, next to the dressing rooms so that I could hear when doing the Chatzone Updates. I feared the worst tbh, my first move was to get my 8 yr old granddaughter away from the scene as she was obviously upset.

Abby was delighted to get my note in the morning saying that Claus was OK and Rob had "only" a sore arm. Hopefully there will be a few £££ handed in for Claus on Friday to help with bike repairs and Rob will be back in the saddle soon.

I think to be fair that caithglen is merely commenting on a photo rather than apportiioning blame. We should be thankful that both riders got off relatively lightly - worst crash I have seen at Armadale and I was probably the closest spectator to it. I stood on the hill above the pits area about 15 yards from the crash, next to the dressing rooms so that I could hear when doing the Chatzone Updates. I feared the worst tbh, my first move was to get my 8 yr old granddaughter away from the scene as she was obviously upset.

Abby was delighted to get my note in the morning saying that Claus was OK and Rob had "only" a sore arm. Hopefully there will be a few £££ handed in for Claus on Friday to help with bike repairs and Rob will be back in the saddle soon.

Goodness DavyH, that could have been an unfortunate first for the Chatzone ... "We have a texter down" ... after being hit by a bike!

First bend for you this Friday.