British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarRacer

Redcar V Scunthorpe, 8/8/13

A really decent meeting, with a cracking crowd as Scunny brought a number of fans a couple we had the please of standing with, and they were great craic.

The meeting was almost a carbon copy of the cup match, we started strong but were pegged back as Scunny threatened late on an the exclusion of Ryan Douglas in 12 was crucial - he did lean and gave Ostergaard no room, but as he went off I think most presumed all four back - but it was not to be and that was a big decision.

Douglas put in a great effort for Scunny and was the pick of the reserves with the other three all well below par, especially a terrible effort from Wilkinson.

A lot of riders had off nights, Auty and Ostergaard were nothing special and Dyer had a couple of good rides especially his win in 14.

Howe had a shocker but clearly wasnt right, but the Aaron Summers was brilliant and fully deserved his maximum. Thomas Jorgensen performed well and Klindt was like Dyer, a couple of good rides.

But as said a very good crowd and the track was decent, yes they could have moved more dirt to inside, but it was good nick with a good dirt line on the outside which Summers, Dyer and Klindt all used.

• Like 2

As ever enjoyed my vist to Redcar,track has copped some stick this season but was good last night

Thought the exclusion of Douglas was a shocker by the ref,vital part of the meeting to.

At least we came away with a point but could easy have been more

Good meeting all the same

• Like 1

Good meeting, with some good racing, especially towards the end.

The exclusion of Ryan Douglas from Heat 12 was unbelieveable - that made a huge difference because Scunny were on the up at that point, a 5-1 there could have led to a win for the Scorpions.

But at least Nicolai rounded Micky Dyer in Heat 15 to make sure we got a point. Klindt, Jorgensen and Douglas all good for Scorpions, while Aaron Summers was a cut above the other 13 riders on display.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Enjoyed the meeting, we were the 2 scunny fans in the temporary stand having the craic with 3 or 4 redcar fans, really good laugh :)

I think Douglas was wrongly excluded in heat 12, it was clearly wrong, at worst should have been all 4 back but hey Scunny had a tactical earlier so I think to gain a point was a fair result. Summers looked good, somebody said he had one of Harris's engines, whoever's it was he could have rode 15 heats & never been beaten, top class.

Well Auty & Howe are suprisingly not performing at all, Auty is averaging less than 6 & Howe less than 4 in the most recent four meetings, not good enough for your top two, hope they can rediscover some form soon, although I will support them no matter what, would be especially good if Howe can get his confidence back before the end of the season ready for next year.

Like others I was really impressed with Klindt, Jorgenson & Douglas.

Anyway it was a great meeting & well done Redcar, hope you have a successful end to the season in the playoffs.

Enjoyed the meeting only thing that spoilt it was the clown from scunny wishing our riders would crash and get hurt

Enjoyed the meeting only thing that spoilt it was the clown from scunny wishing our riders would crash and get hurt

Surprised there was only one. There's usually the bar terrace full of them.

After what they witnessed last Friday I find that hard to take it :angry:

Find it hard to believe somebody would wish a rider to crash and get hurt, considering there was only one fall all night? Doesnt make sense at all.

I do remember saying myself though, I hope summers has an EF on the line of heat 15, completely different context I know, maybe that is what the person meant, that they wanted Scunny to get a win rather than a rider get hurt. To be honest I think commenting about a single person making that statement is scaremongering, malicous and completely disrespectful to the 99.99% of Scunny fans.

Be a bit like me saying the same thing about any fan, doesnt even need any proof, but tars everybody with the same brush. A crap post ashdad and complete nonsense.

• Like 3

no he meant what he said . and im not saying everyone is the same , as for a crap post well thats upto you ,

Edited by ashdad

Or to believe

• Like 2

To be honest I think commenting about a single person making that statement is scaremongering, malicous and completely disrespectful to the 99.99% of Scunny fans.

Quite agree with your points. But if 1 person represents only .01% of the Scunny support then there must be 10,000 Scunthorpe fans. Lucky Rob Godfrey!

Bandits4eva, I didn't hear this one individual, but if I had, I would have pointed out to them how inappropriate it was, especially at this moment of time.

Personally, my heart is in my mouth every time a rider falls at the moment - however simple the fall. Even Nicolai's Klindt's almost graceful spin before falling in Heat 7 on Thursday.

Everyone is still just a bit subdued at the moment. I didn't even make much noise after Ryan's outrageous exclusion from Heat 12 - normally I would have been makiking sure the ref knew what I thought of that decision!

I just want good, competitive speedway meetings in which nobody is hurt. Thursday's meeting did fit that bill. It would be good if we could get to discussing what was a good night's speedway entertainment.

It was also nice to see Danny Phillips looking in a class of his own in the second half.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam