British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Sgp/bsi And Sec/one Sport It Is War Now

On Friday, the FIM announced officially that the ban on performances of players SGP in the SEC will be suspended until 1 January 2015!

Not sure if the rumours are true that the SEC have booked Joan Baez to sing 'we shall overcome' and Rhianna 'i drink to that don't let the ********(censored) get you down' :)

(sorry can't get the above not to be in bold font despite several attempts at editing it)

I don't follow the sport so don't know, but do i take it then that road racers (or 'moto' riders/whatever they call it nowadays) are not self-employed? I presume road racing is the overriding attention of most things FIM in the way that football is in the general sporting world. So it would be interesting to know if they have the same employment status as speedway riders - i always presumed they did - or whether it's as i rightly or wrongly seem to infer from your quote above that they don't.

I'M no expert on MotoGP, etc, either but believe most entries are by teams, private or factory sponsored, and the riders are employed by them. It is the teams rather than the riders themselves who abide by the rules of the FIM.

You cant compare Speedway to any other motorsport. In MXGP or MotoGP you got Factory Teams or non Factory Teams but in the end there is always a team where all the riders are employed. The only exception is Chad Reed, Aussie MX Rider who is running his own Team 22 Motorsports and is still racing. You aint got that in Speedway. In those sports there is simply no time to participate in any other competitions. In MotoGP you stay about 4 Days at a Venue, got free practice on Friday, Qualification on Saturday and the actual race on Sunday. At the moment the Supercross WC is running in USA and those guys have to race every week. During the week they are travelling or testing. The Riders in MX or MotoGP do earn a lot more money than than those in Speedway so there would be no reason for them to take part in any other competitions.There are also a lot more riders doing MX or Street Racing worldwide as in Speedway.

Regarding the interview I mentioned a couple of days ago here is a direct quote from it (the part that is about the SGP/SEC);

I know it is in Swedish but I thought it was important to post it exactly as it says in the article.

I can give you a translation later if anyone is interested. However I checked it with google translate and it gives a pretty descent translation of it.

Tre timmars samtal.

Vi tar en paus under 20 minuter, då Castagna har ett långt telefonsamtal med FIMs högste tjänsteman Vito Ippolito,. Det saken gäller är tvisten mellan Grand Prix-organisationens

rättightesinnehavare BSI i London och det nya Europamästerskapet som körs av bolaget One Sport i Polska Torun. -Vi är klämda från två håll, säger Armando.

-Dels har vi ett avtal med BSI och dom tycker inte att vi lever upp till det om vi accepterar ytterligare ett mästerskap som rör mer än ett land och samtidigt inte är ett kval till VM.

-Å andra sidan är Europeisk lagstiftning sån att vi kan bryta mot arbetsrätten om vi hindrar förare från att köra Europamästerskapet

Har en lösning.

Efter samtalet med Ippolito är Castagna lite hemlig, men ser lättad ut och säger att det finns en lösning för 2014. Berätta säger jag:

-Nej det kan jag inte. Vi måste gå ut med det här officiellt från FIM och det gör vi inte förrän det är klart att det kommer att funka.

Innebär det att problemet är löst för gott?

-Det är det inte! Men för denna säsong. Så får vi tid att att ta en samlat grepp inför 2015. FIM Internationellt vill inte ha mer än ett mästerskap som löper över en hel kontinent.

Vi måste vara rädda om vårt världsmästerskap,! Vi vill inte hade det som i boxning till exempel, att det finns en massa likartade mästerskap.

To summarize this very briefly.

BSI and FIM have a deal for the SGP-series. BSI have been putting pressure on FIM to prevent riders from riding in the SEC since BSI considers the FIM to

not fulfil their part of the deal if FIM accepts another championship that is held in more then one country and that is not a qualification for the SGP.

However FIM have realized that such presentation would most likely violate the European Union labour rights laws.

For 2015 FIM (and BSI) does not want more then one championship that spans over an entire continent.

Edited by Ghostwalker

"Dom tycker inte".... Well, most definately it doesn NOT mean "putting pressure".

"Dom tycker inte".... Well, most definately it doesn NOT mean "putting pressure".

Whatever it mean...it does NOT matter... because WE knew about it without Castagna translation.

In a nutshell... it's nothing new !

Whatever it mean...it does NOT matter... because WE knew about it without Castagna translation.

In a nutshell... it's nothing new !

Exactly, there's nothing new here. I translate this for you, Ghostie can then put his own twist on it if he wants to,,,

"Vi är klämda från två håll, säger Armando. -Dels har vi ett avtal med BSI och dom tycker inte att vi lever upp till det om vi accepterar ytterligare ett mästerskap som rör mer än ett land och samtidigt inte är ett kval till VM."

"We are clamped from two sides, armando says. On the other hand we have a deal with BSI and they think we are not honouring it by accepting another championship that includes more than one nation and is not a quali for the SGP".

Putting on pressure, demanding a ban from certain riders... Cant see it from that. Me thinks its a textbook answer by a politician who does not want to say anything but is forced to give a comment.

Thanks f-s-p for the ACTUAL translation, not the Onesport lackeys spin of what he wants it to say.

"We are clamped from two sides, armando says. On the other hand we have a deal with BSI and they think we are not honouring it by accepting another championship that includes more than one nation and is not a quali for the SGP".

Putting on pressure, demanding a ban from certain riders... Cant see it from that. Me thinks its a textbook answer by a politician who does not want to say anything but is forced to give a comment.

Not sure Ghostie has put a "twist" on it.In all honesty how else can you read it?Castagna say's BSI have told him they don't think the FIM are honouring their deal!!! Do you think they sat down and had a laugh over a glass of whiskey about the FIM not honouring the deal?I know the word is your translation,but "clamped" isn't that another word for "pressure"?

Not sure Ghostie has put a "twist" on it.In all honesty how else can you read it?Castagna say's BSI have told him they don't think the FIM are honouring their deal!!! Do you think they sat down and had a laugh over a glass of whiskey about the FIM not honouring the deal?I know the word is your translation,but "clamped" isn't that another word for "pressure"?

Putting on pressure and being clamped...

Cant see Armando being under pressure, because he's stuck with what others have done. He would be under huge pressure, if he had signed both deals, BSI and One Sport, or even one of them.

Putting on pressure and being clamped...

Cant see Armando being under pressure, because he's stuck with what others have done.

And that is what he will carry on doing in 2015 then?Stick with what others have done.....If it is a mess then Castagna has to sort it out.He is under pressure to do that.If it isn't a mess and all is ok,then sure he is under no pressure and it is "carry on as before".You decide which :rofl:

And that is what he will carry on doing in 2015 then?Stick with what others have done.....If it is a mess then Castagna has to sort it out.He is under pressure to do that.If it isn't a mess and all is ok,then sure he is under no pressure and it is "carry on as before".You decide which :rofl:

I was happy to put it all behind at the minute I heard it was postponed until 2015...

I have a direct quote from FIM Europe vice president that they will not go back on their deal with One Sport. He is also in that happy place where he has done nothing to create this all but is in the deep end to sort it all out. So IN MY VIEW FIM has a binding contract with BSI, they were first. FIM Europe has a binding contract with One Sport. No one will give an inch... It will all be solved in a court room unless someone will give that inch and back away. That will be the end of something, but thats next year...

I couldnt care less what happens during next winter... There are too many problems to be solved in between... :drink:

Edited by f-s-p

Ok.No pressure then.....

Haven't seen so much "twist" since Chubby Checker was at his peak :drink: Is it my turn or yours to buy the drinks? :P

Ok.No pressure then.....

Haven't seen so much "twist" since Chubby Checker was at his peak :drink: Is it my turn or yours to buy the drinks? :P

Noticed today that the Prilba weekend has an U21 Worlds final... ;)

Noticed today that the Prilba weekend has an U21 Worlds final... ;)

Very tempting....