British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

The track might not have been the only good thing about that meeting but in my opinion it was the most important as in all sports the surface that you use must be in good order, lrts face it you would not expect F1 drivers to go out on a track with potholes or footballers to play on a ploughed field.

• Like 3

What is needed at Berwick is a consistant track so the home riders know what set up's they need on their bikes right from the off, but it still needs a little bit of something to give us that home advantage. talk to the riders an try and find a happy medium that will suite them all coz a happy team is a winning team

It would be interesting to know what the riders think.

• Like 1

I think that has been the problem in recent seasons,the track being prepared to suit certain riders,I say prepare a track that can be raced inside or outside like the U /21 and tell them to get on with it.Far too often in recent seasons the outside of the track was a "no-go " area for the first 2/3rds of the meeting IMO

• Like 1

You really think the track was the sole contributor to that meeting?

No of course not,but it does go o show what happens when you put talented riders on a track where they can show there skills,and has already been pointed out if this kind of track prep can be achieved for a few meetings then why cant it become the norm.IMO the track was good in the weeks leading up to last years U-21 Final,then we seemed to get back to differing track conditions on a weekly bases which of course is no good to the home riders.

It would be interesting to know what the riders think.

Ask seven riders what they think and your likely to end up with seven different opinions,much better to give them a consistant track to race on so they at least come to Shielfield eack saturday night with an idea of what to expect.

Ask seven riders what they think and your likely to end up with seven different opinions,much better to give them a consistant track to race on so they at least come to Shielfield eack saturday night with an idea of what to expect.

That has to be one of the most illogical statements in the history of the Human Race.

:blink:

• Like 1

That has to be one of the most illogical statements in the history of the Human Race.

:blink:

You leave my illogical statements alone,some of them may just....just be true.

Ask seven riders what they think and your likely to end up with seven different opinions...

Quite prepared to accept that may well be true.

...much better to give them a consistant track to race on so they at least come to Shielfield eack saturday night with an idea of what to expect.

This second part just doesn't follow your initial line of reasoning.

:rolleyes:

As usual Eddie has the final - and most authoritative - say on matters.

:approve:

• Like 1

There were at least 2 potential World Champions who rode in the U21 meeting last August. Patryk Dudek Piotr Pawlicki, Lebedevs would bring out the best in most tracks, on any given surface.

I don't think the racing will change too much at Berwick like Glasgow much of a muchness with the odd good race or two most meetings. Good team has been signed as I say Steen Jensen will make the difference from reserve.

Heard from a trusted source certain elements of our support are dissapointed we haven't retained our No1 Seb Alden

<abusive remarks removed>

There were at least 2 potential World Champions who rode in the U21 meeting last August. Patryk Dudek Piotr Pawlicki, Lebedevs would bring out the best in most tracks, on any given surface.

I don't think the racing will change too much at Berwick like Glasgow much of a muchness with the odd good race or two most meetings. Good team has been signed as I say Steen Jensen will make the difference from reserve.

Heard from a trusted source certain elements of our support are dissapointed we haven't retained our No1 Seb Alden

<abusive remarks removed>

seb done nothing when he came back last year

It speaks volumes IMO that virtually none of the riders who Berwick left out of their 2014 team have not found a team place elsewhere.Aspegren,Alden,Edberg and Barrett have no jobs over here,for the start of the season at least.

It speaks volumes IMO that virtually none of the riders who Berwick left out of their 2014 team have not found a team place elsewhere.Aspegren,Alden,Edberg and Barrett have no jobs over here,for the start of the season at least.

Too good or to expensive

Swindon must have been laughing when our mob offered big bucks for Super Seb

Bit gutted about Nicki Barrett but I think Steen should replace him with an 8 point average...

Too good or to expensive

or to bad