British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

Their pit-people excel in getting riders straight out as soon as the previous heat has finished. We could do with some officials of this ilk at home - at more than one track I visit, the people tasked with keeping the meeting running seem hopelessly out of their depth.

I hope Mr Barrie will be leading the way to push Berwick meetings on where possible next season.

I agree, but we are pretty good at that at Berwick, but then some complained it was over too quickly.

:icon_smile_clown:

I agree, but we are pretty good at that at Berwick, but then some complained it was over too quickly.

:icon_smile_clown:

Giving the performances of some of the riders last year, the quicker it was over the better for me.

There were times last season where the second half NJL meeting didn't happen due to an over running PL match, obviously injuries aside I hope every effort is made to get the younger lads out on track, especially if we are looking to produce future Bandits.

• Like 1

Not quite sure what you are meaning with that post?

Not quite sure what you are meaning with that post?

C'mon Scott, to bring junior riders on at Berwick, they need to be able to ride. We need the second half for that to happen, so lets have a more efficient turn over of heats. Barring injuries and the 2 min rule etc. of course.

C'mon Scott, to bring junior riders on at Berwick, they need to be able to ride. We need the second half for that to happen, so lets have a more efficient turn over of heats. Barring injuries and the 2 min rule etc. of course.

Times I was at Berwick last season all the main meetings were over before 8.30. I thouight the Referees in charge were pushing it too much.Surely the problems are with your planners? Could they not give them extra 30 minutes?

Their pit-people excel in getting riders straight out as soon as the previous heat has finished. We could do with some officials of this ilk at home - at more than one track I visit, the people tasked with keeping the meeting running seem hopelessly out of their depth.

I hope Mr Barrie will be leading the way to push Berwick meetings on where possible next season.

There is only one person at any track who has any responsibility as to how fast or slow the meeting runs, and that is the referee !

Times I was at Berwick last season all the main meetings were over before 8.30. I thouight the Referees in charge were pushing it too much.Surely the problems are with your planners? Could they not give them extra 30 minutes?

Planners not the problem, local opposition to speedway is, stipulation set down are no engines to be fired up before 6.30pm and no racing after 9.30pm. Apart from things like the 2 min rule etc. I would like to see when 4 racers go into the pits, the next 4 racers straight on to track.

There is only one person at any track who has any responsibility as to how fast or slow the meeting runs, and that is the referee !

That's one heck of a general sweeping statement, though, isn't it?

That's one heck of a general sweeping statement, though, isn't it?

Perfectly true though ! He or she is in control of the meeting and the only person on the two minute warming

Perfectly true though ! He or she is in control of the meeting and the only person on the two minute warming

How quickly a meeting is run, sometimes, is out of the referees hands though.

Seeing as this is a Berwick thread, waiting for a County Ambulance to arrive (something that happened on a few occasions last season at Shielfield), for instance, is totally out of the refs hands. That's what I meant by your statement being 'generally sweeping' (and we aren't talking Curling here! :P ).

Get used to the delays, I have heard the first four meetings are Shielfield sell outs.

Season Tickets sold out... These will be the days to remember in years to come

Get used to the delays, I have heard the first four meetings are Shielfield sell outs.

Season Tickets sold out... These will be the days to remember in years to come

Meanwhile back on planet earth.............

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

possibility of 2 ambulances being available at meetings this season so should help should there be an accident.