British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

Out of order my friend.

Leon has great potential, yes very young, but the younger they start the better. Trained by an ex rider who can show him WHAT NOT TO DO, hey! Skider :drink::drink::rofl:

thats right taffy but there are a hell of alot of riders taking interest in leon and passing on tips and spare equipment it helps that he is a very pleasant and well mannered kid.

you of course will be a little biased since you are 1 of his main sponsors this year.

team time machine

• Like 1

thats right taffy but there are a hell of alot of riders taking interest in leon and passing on tips and spare equipment it helps that he is a very pleasant and well mannered kid.

you of course will be a little biased since you are 1 of his main sponsors this year.

team time machine

Yes I am a bit one sided when it comes to Leon. But, for his age he has bags of talent, never mind the riders, if i were a promoter, I would be watching his progress.

• Like 2

It was mixed news for a couple of Berwick riders in Poland today, Claus Vissing was rider for his club Krosno where he scored 11+1, sadly his team was beaten 55-34. Better news for David Bellego where his club Ostravia were victorious at Ople 49-41, Bellego scoring 4+1 including one heat win.

From Berwick's e-mail newsletter to supporters:

STEFAN STEPS UP: Another of our local boys is making good! Ian Rae is a happy man, having arranged with Richard Moss at Buxton for 19-year-old Stefan Farnaby to join the Hitmen for their 2014 National League campaign. Stefan, from Tweedmouth, only started speedway last year, racing with Berwick's NJL squad, and has this term already shown sufficient progress to warrant a move into the National League. His progress from NJL to NL after just a year parallels that of Liam Carr, who will be Stefan's team-mate at Buxton. Bandits' supporters need not worry about his long-term future, however -- before sending him down to Derbyshire for the Hitmens' press day this weekend, Ian Rae has signed Stefan to a full Berwick contract, securing him as a Berwick asset while he is gaining experience in the lower league. Along with Liam Carr, Stefan is another Tweedmouth local to come through the NJL ranks, proving yet again the value of our junior racing programme, well-controlled in 2014 by Gary Flint and Colin Easton.

While Stefan is maybe not quite up to League racing standard IMO,he has certainly make a lot of progress on the track and is quite stlylish .Best of luck to him.

For those posters who would like to see change, then you could swap Doolan for Rosen, that would put Vissing to No1.

Would that strengthen us though.

For those posters who would like to see change, then you could swap Doolan for Rosen, that would put Vissing to No1.

Why on earth would we want to do that?

• Like 2

Someone obviously with too much time on their hands!

• Like 2

Someone obviously with too much time on their hands!

If you have a look at my previous posts you will see I was and still am against team changes, I merely posted for our friends who favour team changes what may be available, though thanks for the reaction.

I was of the understanding that some of us had "had enough of this place", it appears not. :wink:

I would do that yes. Doolan is not going to get any better at this stage in his career and Rosen has undoubted potential. Clearly some people think Doolan is doing a great job so far, which frankly doesnt surprise me. Put a monkey on a bike and in a Bandits bib and they'd congratulate and applaud it until the cows come home. 🐑

• Like 1

Put a monkey on a bike and in a Bandits bib and they'd congratulate and applaud it until the cows come home.

And why not? It is called supporting your team.

• Like 1