British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

1). Return to Berrington Lough

2). Bring back Kelvin Tatum, Richard Knight, Jimmy Nielsen, David Blackburn and Alan Mogridge :)

3). Re-open the Fed. Brewery so they can sponsor us again

On a more serious note, we've got to start and look at some of the local talent comming through, and give at least one of them a shot at the reserve birth - the stand out one being Liam Carr- and stick with him, not just dump him at the first reshuffle point.

Ideally I'd like to see more British riders in the team. In truth, I wouldn't have a problem with getting rid of most of the team we had this year - I don't see any of them as being able to make improvements on their curren averages, and at the end of the day, if you have a team that ain't gonna improve on their averages, then you ain't gonna have a very successful team.

Also, I would love to see the return of the old 4TT format. The Saturday nights of Glasgow, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Berwick used to be the highlight of my season, the atmosphere used to be great.

• Like 2

2). Bring back Kelvin Tatum, Richard Knight, Jimmy Nielsen, David Blackburn and Alan Mogridge :)

On a more serious note, we've got to start and look at some of the local talent comming through, and give at least one of them a shot at the reserve birth - the stand out one being Liam Carr- and stick with him, not just dump him at the first reshuffle point.

Ideally I'd like to see more British riders in the team. In truth, I wouldn't have a problem with getting rid of most of the team we had this year - I don't see any of them as being able to make improvements on their curren averages, and at the end of the day, if you have a team that ain't gonna improve on their averages, then you ain't gonna have a very successful team.

Also, I would love to see the return of the old 4TT format. The Saturday nights of Glasgow, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Berwick used to be the highlight of my season, the atmosphere used to be great.

spot on with 4tt with promoters worried about falling attendances that meeting always produced a good crowd and atmosphere.

• Like 1

With reference to the 4TT being reintroduced. ...when did this stop...I remember it being a good meeting at the time but it seems like such a long time ago. Used to be great with all 4 teams bringing large numbers of supporters.

as regards more brits how about this B Barker 9.44, D Howe 6.34, A Tully 7.19, A Compton 4.36, O Allen 8.09, P Starke 3.91, L Carr 3.00 Total 42.30

as regards more brits how about this B Barker 9.44, D Howe 6.34, A Tully 7.19, A Compton 4.36, O Allen 8.09, P Starke 3.91, L Carr 3.00 Total 42.30

6 loan transfers, nice team though.

In the north these were good attractions, but southern circuits were too spread out, and nowhere was there the "one great weekend" opportunities. So the southern and midland promoters simply out-vote any attempt to reintroduce such qualifiers.

There is the further problem, even for northern clubs, that the formula requires the pay travel and points top-up for their highest earners to three away meetings and have to fund this from just one home "gate". These days, maybe not just the bonanza of yore?

By all means recall the great times of the past, but like vinyl records, they ain't coming back!

By all means recall the great times of the past, but like vinyl records, they ain't coming back!

Just like many fans
  • Like 1

Perhaps unrealistic with possible long track commitments and budget etc but..

1) Barker

2) Berge

3) Bellego

4) Howe

5) Alden

6) Carr

7) Palm Toft

-

1) Allen

2) Wethers

3) Ostergaard

4) Bellego

5) Alden

6) Carr

7) A.Compton

Well under starters orders then building to 42.5. How will we go will Hansen,Jamrog and Berge feature will young Carr make his full debut it's all up for grabs. Strength in depth or power packed heat leaders.

Well under starters orders then building to 42.5. How will we go will Hansen,Jamrog and Berge feature will young Carr make his full debut it's all up for grabs. Strength in depth or power packed heat leaders.

Think because of Polish situ Jamrog would be no go!

and you reckon he is gonna leave Poland his homeland to race for the Mighty World Champs The Berwickshire Bandits

The only way a Pole will ride over here is either because (a) they have been dropped for being cackle or B) are so bad they cant even get a team place in the first place. I.e Michal Rajkowski or Sebastian Truminski

Sure he would entertain at home matches, we had Lee Complin for 3 seasons.

7 riders who can score there averages would be a great start

• Like 1

Not if he goes premier league and Sweden and miss Poland

Its difficult seeing Jamrog or any other Polish rider racing in our PL,especially if they have a contract in Poland as there would be to many Sunday tracks and the last thing Berwick need right now is having rider going AWOL to race in Poland. Also if a rider commits to racing over here they`d` be giving up lucrative sponsorship from their homeland, again something that's not going to happen.

and you reckon he is gonna leave Poland his homeland to race for the Mighty World Champs The Berwickshire Bandits

The only way a Pole will ride over here is either because (a) they have been dropped for being cackle or B) are so bad they cant even get a team place in the first place. I.e Michal Rajkowski or Sebastian Truminski

Sure he would entertain at home matches, we had Lee Complin for 3 seasons.

7 riders who can score there averages would be a great start

Hey Robin, less of the Berwickshire, thats in a foreign country.
  • Like 1

It would be nice if for once we had a team of gater's so that we don't had to do it the hard way for a change? As at home we should be more dominant! We loose to many point because of this at home?

• Like 1