British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

See my post #496. I had a chat with one of the management at the end of the season and he explain that they have enquired about these and other continental riders, but all the U 21 riders will not commit to any where near a full season in the UK

That attitude is why Berwick end up with a mediocre team season after season. It's an opportunity game, if you do not take a chance on new blood, you will always end up with other teams castoffs and journey men. The talent is with those under 21s and that is exactly where the club should be going, risky perhaps, but life is a risk. P.W. had a talent for finding one rider every season who had something to prove, (Chris Schramm, Karl Wilkinson,Ritchie Hawkins etc. etc.) then he dropped them. The current promotion have also found the odd rider with something to prove, then stuck with him for another season sometimes three seasons. Not the way to go, when they have increased their average, they are unlikely to go any higher, drop them and find another. No sentiment in this game it's not needed or necessary.
  • Like 1

If we get Tully in the right position he will do a job.

Hes a commited bloke who I think will want to prove a point like Ashworth did on leaving Owlerton.

He wont miss matches either which is a big one and should be good for team spirit.

That being said guys like Neimenen and Doolan could very much do a job for Berwick on similar averages

Is he going to put a point on his average? No most probably not

Will he entertain at home? Yes

How will he do away from home? No worse than Complin and as Dick Barrie says only 10% of Berwick fans care what we do on our travels.

Ryan Fishers signature wouldnt have any complaints from me. We do need someone to head the team someone who can get the Bandits fans pulses racing once again. Another season of tolerating Seb Alden and such like really doesnt inspire even the most hardcore of Berwick supporters.

I would like to see

1. Ryan Fisher

2.David Bellego

3. Claus Vissing/Kevin Doolan

4. Matthew Wethers

5. Kozza Smith

6. Paul Starke

7. Adam Ellis

Berwick should think of Robert Branford if looking for low average reserve. He praised the club recently in Star and is keeping racing this Winter in Australia. He rode for Berwick in 2012 but am sure got injured and had to drop out.

Berwick should think of Robert Branford if looking for low average reserve. He praised the club recently in Star and is keeping racing this Winter in Australia. He rode for Berwick in 2012 but am sure got injured and had to drop out.

If Carr is one of the reserves then the other needs to be one of the highest averaging reserves in the PL.Firstly because all top teams have at least one reserve whos able to be among their teams top scorers and the other it will take the pressure off Carr who is bound to struggle in meetings at times.That would rule out Branford,and sadly Starke,who IMO would be one of the reseves for next season,a Starke Branford could work.

Edited by screm

If Carr is one of the reserves then the other needs to be one of the highest averaging reserves in the PL.Firstly because all top teams have at least one reserve whos able to be among their teams top scorers and the other it will take the pressure off Carr who is bound to struggle in meetings at times.That would rule out Branford,and sadly Starke,who IMO would be one of the reseves for next season,a Starke Branford could work.

Carr & Berge, might surprise a few

Carr & Berge, might surprise a few

Any chance that Berwick have in getting a new asset should be taking so yes,signing young Berge would do the job.

Any chance that Berwick have in getting a new asset should be taking so yes,signing young Berge would do the job.

what would his average be ?

what would his average be ?

Berge would come in on a 5pt assessed average.

You ever bothered to watch Tully at Berwick? He cant gate and predominantly struggles at Berwick.

Yeah - he struggled to get 11+2 last season at Shielfield

Edited by The Abbott
  • Like 2

Did your promotion not say that Carr wasn't ready for PL racing yet at the end of last year?

Seem to have changed the tune now i see

Edited by Mr Blobby

Did your promotion not say that Carr wasn't ready for PL racing yet at the end of last year?

I would change my tune as well if I knew there was a local team sniffing around our talent! 😜

• Like 1

yeah bit of a struggle but the man who struggles at Berwick according to the cyber expert in his earlier post But he struggled on and got the double figures

Ian Rae said that an earlier interview Edited by Goodiepatchie

Really had a whole host of top Berwick stars to beat that night, all of them firing on all cylinders as they done most of the season

Really had a whole host of top Berwick stars to beat that night, all of them firing on all cylinders as they done most of the season

Yep and in 2012 he struggled to get 10 and 8.

Oliver Allen 8.09

David Bellego 6.36

Matty Wethers 6.79

Andrew Tulley 7.19

Kevin Doolan 7.51

Paul Starke 3.52

Liam Carr 3.00

total 42.46

very solid top 5 , i dont see the reserves as a gamble either as i reckon both will get or maybe slightly improve on their starting figures.

And no commuting foreigners whose main priorities wouldn't be at Berwick.

• Like 1

well when u try to sell season tickets for anything the public must see the end product so berwick get your finger pulled out before its to late and have to take wots left mmmmmmm