British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

The reserve berth has been a hotly debated topic over the past few days and weeks. If a team is to be successful, it needs to have a minimum of one rider with the potential to break into the main body of the team.

For me, if we are going with Liam Carr, he will need to be partnered by an experienced 4.5 - 5 point man at reserve. For all the talent, it will take time for him to get used to other tracks and will need carried for a certain period of time. For a club desperate for success, this may not prove the best option.

How about a reserve pairing of Hynek Stichauer and Alex Edberg. Both are capable at home of scoring big points and have done so whilst on the main body of the team. At reserve they could potentially flourish. And costing only 8.95 points leaving plenty for a solid top 5.

Thoughts?????

i don't get the reservataions about carr & starke at reserve, they would both get their average over the season and would leave us with plenty points for a solid top 5. Dmitri Berge would come in on a 5 and would probably average somewhere about 4, the same figure that Starke will probably be on at the end of the season, only difference being he takes up an extra 1 and a bit points leaving less for the top 5.

Having said that Berge does look like being a potentially good rider for the future so i can see why it would be good to get him as an asset.

Averages don't mean a lot it's whether you can pull a decent ride when the pressure is on .IMO Barrett seldom had a decent ride after Ht 2 at Home Starke was ok but he is not an asset .Both rode to their average but were Inconsistant.New blood is needed IMO.Tero is a backward step but I think he would do a job taking pressure of Carr.

i don't get the reservataions about carr & starke at reserve, they would both get their average over the season and would leave us with plenty points for a solid top 5. Dmitri Berge would come in on a 5 and would probably average somewhere about 4, the same figure that Starke will probably be on at the end of the season, only difference being he takes up an extra 1 and a bit points leaving less for the top 5.

Having said that Berge does look like being a potentially good rider for the future so i can see why it would be good to get him as an asset.

Yeah, I noticed the contradiction in certain arguments too.

I guess a choice has to be made between new assets, or proven scorers, or a balance of both.

• Like 1

If Dimitri Berge is half the entertainment his dad was I doubt any of you would be worried about what he scored though his dad seemed to combine healthy scores and fence scraping very well. Berge Jr is in the longtrack GP next year think that could be against him signing for the Bandits

1. 7.27

2. David Bellego 6.36

3. Claus Vissing 6.89

4. Matthew Wethers 6.79

5. Andrew Tully 7.19

6. Liam Carr 3.00

7. Dimitri Berge 5.00

The reserve berth has been a hotly debated topic over the past few days and weeks. If a team is to be successful, it needs to have a minimum of one rider with the potential to break into the main body of the team.

For me, if we are going with Liam Carr, he will need to be partnered by an experienced 4.5 - 5 point man at reserve. For all the talent, it will take time for him to get used to other tracks and will need carried for a certain period of time. For a club desperate for success, this may not prove the best option.

How about a reserve pairing of Hynek Stichauer and Alex Edberg. Both are capable at home of scoring big points and have done so whilst on the main body of the team. At reserve they could potentially flourish. And costing only 8.95 points leaving plenty for a solid top 5.

Thoughts?????

Stichauer was unlucky with injury in his last stint but Alex is too inconsistent IMO.But agree you need experienced rider as other reserve if we go with Carr.

What about Tamas Sike for a reserve place? He was brilliant first time around, really rode on the crest of a wave and was a fans favourite.

You could be right! There are lot worse 3 pointers ! I see from BSPA site his average is now 3? He was good v Dudley in Summer. I think when he last rode it was too much on a 5 point. Mind Mr Bellego might prefer him in his Pits.

1. 7.27

2. David Bellego 6.36

3. Claus Vissing 6.89

4. Matthew Wethers 6.79

5. Andrew Tully 7.19

6. Liam Carr 3.00

7. Dimitri Berge 5.00

Has Tully not said he was missing 2014?

What about Danny Warwick? He was a fans favourite and a good bloke with his hair hanging out his helmet. Or even Dean Felton? Sure he'd do a good job when he found the set up, similar to Jade the blade.

Edited by emilali

Was Berge really that impressive round Berwick to warrant a team place?

Think he rode on borrowed machines? Wolves had him lined up for late season meeting but it was off.

What about Danny Warwick? He was a fans favourite and a good bloke with his hair hanging out his helmet. Or even Dean Felton? Sure he'd do a good job when he found the set up, similar to Jade the blade.

Think Danny has jacked in? He was ok at Berwick and Mudgway riding on grass these days but decent 3 point plus rider. Berge would be better Reserve

We gave one to Tam Sike and our No1 bib to Gregorz Strozyk, so no probably not

Is the latter still riding? Berwick could look at him again if not in Poland?

1. 7.27

2. David Bellego 6.36

3. Claus Vissing 6.89

4. Matthew Wethers 6.79

5. Andrew Tully 7.19

6. Liam Carr 3.00

7. Dimitri Berge 5.00

Tully for every team now; well you get the crown of the most irritating individual on this forum

• Like 1

If Vissing were to replicate the determination shown during the Ben Fund meeting at the start of the season, he would be a snip on his current average and could vastly improve our middle order.

If Vissing were to replicate the determination shown during the Ben Fund meeting at the start of the season, he would be a snip on his current average and could vastly improve our middle order.

Agree Vissing has an attractive average.