British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

What will I complain about now? Lowest day of my life Berwick have signed a good team and will probably do well.....

Gutted

The top 3 in the averages have to be at 1 3 and 5 but at the teams discretion as to the positioning.

Havent seen anything official though.

think the top averaged rider has to rude at 1. where the other main body of the team can ride any where . but the 6/7 have to be the lowest averaged riders.. i think. unless the ruleshave changed AGAIN..

The only problem with teams being announced so early is there is nothing to do but wait now!

Need a fast forward button!

try telling Colin this I think he wanted the team announced in September

What will I complain about now? Lowest day of my life Berwick have signed a good team and will probably do well.....

Gutted

Berwick Rangers

• Like 1

The top 3 in the averages have to be at 1 3 and 5 but at the teams discretion as to the positioning.

Havent seen anything official though.

think the top averaged rider has to rude at 1. where the other main body of the team can ride any where . but the 6/7 have to be the lowest averaged riders.. i think. unless the ruleshave changed AGAIN..

Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 1

The Berwick team looks a very solid team.

Doolan is probably at his limit at this time in of his career, but still a more than capable heatleader.

Vissing is a bit of a fruitloop, but I would imagine or expect that the Berwick will be more to his liking than Edinburgh so would imagine he would more than likely up that starting average.

Wethers is Mr Dependable he will maintain around his starting average.

Bellego, big season for him where he will either push on and become a genuine heatleader, has the talent and the ability, possibly needs to be a little more professional in his approach to machinery.

Kus has been a bit of an enigma and has a tenderness to blow a bit hot and cold, but lets not forget its not so long ago that Poole were looking at him for team place in their team, so there must be something about him

The Jensen signing is something of a gamble, too be honest its so long since I saw him ride I can barely remember what he was like. But from what I can remember he was pretty useful and I have seen some footage of him from a recent meeting and there is no doubt that at reserve he could well be a massive bonus for the Berwick team

Carr, been a local lad he should have the crowd fully behind him, and don't think that there will b huge pressure on the lad, which is good because it give him a huge learning curve.

Like I say a team built on solid foundations and as long as it stays fit and some of the riders reach their true potential has every chance of challenging for a play off spot..

Strength in depth is fine, but prepare for some batterings in heat 13 & 15 away from home. Don't know anything about Jensen, I've never heard of him, but from what people are saying he's a bargain on a 5.5 average.

try telling Colin this I think he wanted the team announced in September

no end of november when some people new the team

and how do you know this I thought Paul starke was in the team then Somerset got him so maybe they were waiting till the team was finalised truth is you want Christmas in August
  • Like 2

Strength in depth is fine, but prepare for some batterings in heat 13 & 15 away from home. Don't know anything about Jensen, I've never heard of him, but from what people are saying he's a bargain on a 5.5 average.

Dont worry we will have the meetings won by the end of Ht12. :D

• Like 3

While I tend to agree with you...shocker I know, I would like to think we may stand a chance of taking something from heats 8 and 14

Jeez ! What the hell is the rush ? The season doesn't start for over 3 months, and as the club have always said,they don't release riders names until contracts are signed

• Like 2

Dont worry we will have the meetings won by the end of Ht12. :D

You're gonna do a rain dance?

I would bet at the end of November if "those in the know" posted the team, they would be looking a bit embarrassed now ;)

• Like 3

You're gonna do a rain dance?

Berwick get good results against Rye over less than 15 heats.

Maybe. Settle for 3-3 away from home in 13, but in 15 -- with a team as solid as Berwick have -- there will always be a couple of lads who have shown to advantage during any one meeting who will do a job.

Edited by Boobs
  • Like 2