British Speedway Forum

Went to Rye today for the Quad racing, the track looked in quite good condition considering all the rain we have had this winter.

There was some demonstration races involving Edward Kennett,Steve Boxall, Ben Morley, Dan Blake and Luke Bowen.

Ed & Steve looked quick, Luke diid a few laps and didn't appear any more (had an engine problem).

If they carry on how the were today and remain injury free, could be a good season.

Went to Rye today for the Quad racing, the track looked in quite good condition considering all the rain we have had this winter.

There was some demonstration races involving Edward Kennett,Steve Boxall, Ben Morley, Dan Blake and Luke Bowen.

Ed & Steve looked quick, Luke diid a few laps and didn't appear any more (had an engine problem).

If they carry on how the were today and remain injury free, could be a good season.

I was there for a while, up until the interval. Not enough speedway for me, the quad bikes and the mini bikes didn't interest me, besides, we were all hungry. Likes the look of Edward and Steve too, except for Edwards bike troubles early on. I too couldn't believe how dry the track looked, I was expecting a swamp. Looks as though the 1st/2nd bend fence has been moved out a bit, exposing even more adverse camber, but I suppose the air fence will take up most of that. I thought theyre'd be more people there though. Good to hear the sound of the bikes again. The air fence is going up within a week I was told

LETTER FROM NZ
Thursday March 06, 2014
bunyan_jason2.jpg

Rye House captain Jason Bunyan dropped promoter Len Silver a line this week which will also be of interest to Rockets supporters, as the now-9-times New Zealand Champion talked candidly about his preparation for the new season and his Wildcard spot at the Auckland Grand Prix….

“I have been keeping busy trying to get fit, with the loan of a spin bike from Grant & Sharon at Midas Onehunga, a motocross bike from Andrew at Elf and a nice set of scales from Graham Standring... it’s OK, I took the hint! I'm currently 3kgs lighter than when I saw you last, with the aim of losing a couple more!

“I am really looking forward to fly boarding on Saturday - adrenalin junky that I am!

“I did an interview last month on the Pits radio show - - which can be found under the link for 19/02/14, and I understand that I am appearing in the Sunday Star Times this week.

“I am currently working on some training dates to go and help the up and coming Juniors on the South Island this month, and I am looking forward to that, as helping the juniors is always rewarding.

“On the bike front, two fresh engines are on their way from Denmark courtesy of the wonderful Brian Karger and Jesper Kristiansen - so I'm keen to get testing to find some base settings in the next few weeks. This will hopefully allow me to eliminate two of the four engines I would like to use at the GP, before I arrive at Western Springs on the 3rd of April for the first unofficial practice. My plan to eliminate two of the engines will mean I can use the sessions – only six minutes on the Thursday and Friday - to finalise a set up that I am happy with, rather than use the sessions to try all four engines.”

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.758

LETTER FROM NZ

Thursday March 06, 2014

bunyan_jason2.jpg

Rye House captain Jason Bunyan dropped promoter Len Silver a line this week which will also be of interest to Rockets supporters, as the now-9-times New Zealand Champion talked candidly about his preparation for the new season and his Wildcard spot at the Auckland Grand Prix….

“I have been keeping busy trying to get fit, with the loan of a spin bike from Grant & Sharon at Midas Onehunga, a motocross bike from Andrew at Elf and a nice set of scales from Graham Standring... it’s OK, I took the hint! I'm currently 3kgs lighter than when I saw you last, with the aim of losing a couple more!

“I am really looking forward to fly boarding on Saturday - adrenalin junky that I am!

“I did an interview last month on the Pits radio show - - which can be found under the link for 19/02/14, and I understand that I am appearing in the Sunday Star Times this week.

“I am currently working on some training dates to go and help the up and coming Juniors on the South Island this month, and I am looking forward to that, as helping the juniors is always rewarding.

“On the bike front, two fresh engines are on their way from Denmark courtesy of the wonderful Brian Karger and Jesper Kristiansen - so I'm keen to get testing to find some base settings in the next few weeks. This will hopefully allow me to eliminate two of the four engines I would like to use at the GP, before I arrive at Western Springs on the 3rd of April for the first unofficial practice. My plan to eliminate two of the engines will mean I can use the sessions – only six minutes on the Thursday and Friday - to finalise a set up that I am happy with, rather than use the sessions to try all four engines.”

When will Jason be back in the Uk?

Wouldn't have thought it would be worth it to return before the NZ GP, so most probably during week commencing 7th April.

But maybe we will be surprised at P&P day, Friday/Saturday ??

He's back on the 9th April and misses the first 5 Rockets meetings.

He's back on the 9th April and misses the first 5 Rockets meetings.

So we start the season with good old R/R, Luke and Rambo are going to busy!

Popped into Hoddesdon on Sunday. New airfence up and looking good in blue and yellow.

So we start the season with good old R/R, Luke and Rambo are going to busy!

How can you have RR for a rider yet to ride for you this year? :neutral:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Because he was declared in last years team I think.

Challenge meetings for the first 3 and on FIM duty for the latter 2.

Newcastle set the precedent last year with Tully.

• Like 1

Newcastle set the precedent last year with Tully.

don't remember Tully riding in the NZ SGP? :D

• Like 1

No problem, in 2012 we started PL and cup campaign with R/R and 2 guests.

LETTER FROM NZ
Thursday March 06, 2014
bunyan_jason2.jpg

Sounds like he's got enough equipment to kit out a whole Team.