British Speedway Forum

Ah more claptrap I see.

It's amazing how many people fall for the spin put out there by the British Airways of the world.

Always amuses me that folk moan about Ryanair effectively giving them a choice of not paying for services you don't want.

Want or need? Ryanair charge for baggage in hold, for paying at all, if you don't have a printer and I notice the other day O'Leary stated that charging extra for having a bag in the cabin would be inevitable.

Would not be surprised if he charged extra if you wanted a seat, and in an emergency the oxygen mask only drops after putting a coin in a slot.

I did find it strange on one of his flights when I was sat next to the emergency exit that the stewardess explained to us when and how to open the emergency door. Never had that on any other airline.

I'd still rather the no-frills / no thrills Ryanair flights that get me to where I'm going on time (even with those confounded bugle blasts to tell us all about them lol) than a Lufthansa flight that gets so far delayed that it eventually gets you back to your airport after the last train has departed and all the night service buses have gone... :o

• Like 1

I'm not against the principle of paying for services as you want them but when the charge for not pre-printing your ticket is £70 and all charges are the same in Euros and Pounds you begin to sniff racketeering.

• Like 1

Would not be surprised if he charged extra if you wanted a seat, and in an emergency the oxygen mask only drops after putting a coin in a slot.

I did find it strange on one of his flights when I was sat next to the emergency exit that the stewardess explained to us when and how to open the emergency door. Never had that on any other airline.

Should happen on every flight. I had the very same experience coming back from Portugal just last week with mainstream airline and seen it happen plenty of times.

I think that's ok, it's when they explain how to fly the plane you have to worry.

• Like 4

I'm not against the principle of paying for services as you want them but when the charge for not pre-printing your ticket is £70 and all charges are the same in Euros and Pounds you begin to sniff racketeering.

Bet you won't forget to print out and take your paperwork with you again in future though :t:

Ah we have the typical excuses being trotted out here of people failing to follow simple instructions.

Its YOUR fault if you exceed baggage allowance, you're told when you book, you're emailed about it over and over afterwards.

Its YOUR fault if you don't print off your ticket. You're told when you book, you're emailed about it over and over afterwards.

I agree with the charges, if people can't cope with simple things such as 'reading' then that's their own issue.

I would rather pay £15 with the CHOICE of if I want to put baggage in the hold than pay £250 with British Airways and have the baggage in the hold thrown in. OK, I decide, I'll take the baggage, I'm still only paying £40.

I fly regularly, used to be every other weekend for 3 years to Portugal and back. 98% of the times with Ryanair, I think I had 1 flight that was delayed more than 20 mins. 95% of them were either bang on time or early.

I check in online, arrived at aiport about 50 mins before flight, no need to stand in a line, straight to security, board the plane, front row seat and away we go.

3 times had to fly with British Airways, more than 10 times the cost, one was cancelled, the other two were 3 hour delays. But hey, I got a meal!

Standard practice on any flight I've been on, including international flight when went to Canada earlier in the year. I'd say it was negligent if they didn't do that.

Want or need? Ryanair charge for baggage in hold, for paying at all, if you don't have a printer and I notice the other day O'Leary stated that charging extra for having a bag in the cabin would be inevitable.

You can add up all the charges, pay for every extra service you need (which I would say 80% of passengers don't) and still pay less than 50% of the price more often than not of an equivalent BA/Lufthansa flight etc. For short haul standard class flights there's no difference either apart from the 'meal', which is more than countered by the greater probability of you being delayed.

Why has the Elite League 2014 thread turned into a debate about Ryanair? :unsure:

My thoughts exactly! I clicked on to see if there was any useful foresight's on the league next year and had to double check I wasnt on some kind of Air Travel forum.

Why has the Elite League 2014 thread turned into a debate about Ryanair? :unsure:

League needs a sponsor, lets get em involved!

If O'Leary is involved BSPA would have to pay Ryanair to use name!

• Like 2

If O'Leary is involved BSPA would have to pay Ryanair to use name!

Another ill-educated foolish comment.

Edited by BWitcher

Another ill-educated foolish comment.

Or sense of humour by pass

Is today's decision by the ACU another nail in the Elite League's Coffin or where there enough nails in it already? Be interesting to see what Mr Frost does in 2014. Is he the only one with integrity?

Edited by Irk Deflector