British Speedway Forum

So it seems that we are going to be starting the season minus Ryan. Robs comment in the Star that it could be up to 6 weeks for the UKBA to ratify his tier 5 visa entry is concerning; particularly as the standard time on this sort of thing can be 'up to six months'. Maybe we can be hopeful of the wheels turning more quickly by the efforts of the BSPA but my gut feeling is that it might well be mid April before Ryan actually puts a wheel on track.

Rob mentions another NL rider covering for Ryan; but surely MPT is the obvious call to make on his 4.92 Plymouth average from 2013. Tofty might be riding full time in the EL with the Aces but he can double up for sure and he is a Scorpions asset. No brainer for me.

palm toft cant double up as belle vue already have two double up riders in the top 5. (cook and worrall)

• Like 1

So it seems that we are going to be starting the season minus Ryan. Robs comment in the Star that it could be up to 6 weeks for the UKBA to ratify his tier 5 visa entry is concerning; particularly as the standard time on this sort of thing can be 'up to six months'. Maybe we can be hopeful of the wheels turning more quickly by the efforts of the BSPA but my gut feeling is that it might well be mid April before Ryan actually puts a wheel on track.

Rob mentions another NL rider covering for Ryan; but surely MPT is the obvious call to make on his 4.92 Plymouth average from 2013. Tofty might be riding full time in the EL with the Aces but he can double up for sure and he is a Scorpions asset. No brainer for me.

Not sure about that. Belle Vue already have Craig Cook and Richie Worrall doubling up, MPT would make 3 and I'm almost certain they are only allowed 2, but may be wrong as the rules may have been changed. I am sure someone will confirm.

Not sure about that. Belle Vue already have Craig Cook and Richie Worrall doubling up, MPT would make 3 and I'm almost certain they are only allowed 2, but may be wrong as the rules may have been changed. I am sure someone will confirm.

Ok I see so if Rob was thinking of a NL rider as cover how about Stefan Nielsen as far as I hear he only has Coventry Storm as a guaranteed slide in 2014. That might be workable until Ryan appears.

Edited by the outsider

Ok I see so if Rob was thinking of a NL rider as cover how about Stefan Nielsen as far as I hear he only has Coventry Storm as a guaranteed slide in 2014. That might be workable until Ryan appears.

Also at Belle Vue (don't think that would stop him riding PL though).

Edited by The Abbott

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't they need to leave Douglas team place open so he can get visa? Surely he can't get a visa if they sign a rider to take his place. Perhaps me just over thinking things!

I think you're right SKJ, which means Rob is referring to an NL rider who will count as a 3.00 NL guest. Nielsen doesn't as he has achieved an average of over 4.00 in the PL. The likes of Ritchinfs, Morley and Sarjeant look good to me.

Damn,got to change all my Fantasy teams again!!! :wink::wink: Good to have some positive news about Ryan. :lol:

Does anyone know when P&P day is this year

I will verify, but I don't think there is one. The riders all have opportunites to practice at the EWR, while the photos will be taken prior to the opening meeting.

All the best

Rob

I will verify, but I don't think there is one. The riders all have opportunites to practice at the EWR, while the photos will be taken prior to the opening meeting.

All the best

Rob

Thanks Rob

Can anyone confirm if Douglas is here yet and if not, will he be over for Scunthorpes first meeting later this month?