British Speedway Forum

Is Birks going to be fit for next season?

I think i read that he will try and be back on a bike some time in December,then go from there,fingers cross that it is ok and he can take his place as Scunny captain for 2014

Been playing with team options and if Rob is definite about keeping Ryan at reserve we will struggle to get either of these guys in at No. 1. As for a Peterborough riders, all foreign and averages will not fit.

Perhaps Greenwood at reserve would open up some options, but again, if Ryan is to be at reserve, we would have to release Blackbird and I think he is worth another try.

Excellent news with signing Josh, but who will be our new number 1 ???

other threads are suggesting Sam Masters.
  • Like 1

I think i read that he will try and be back on a bike some time in December,then go from there,fingers cross that it is ok and he can take his place as Scunny captain for 2014

Thanks. I hope he can!

Either would do fine, maybe a Peterboro rider in the mix now?

The only one that ending the season and wouldn't have a stupidly high average is Kosciuch on 8.43 but then you may as well sign Worrall or Morris.

Been playing with team options and if Rob is definite about keeping Ryan at reserve we will struggle to get either of these guys in at No. 1. As for a Peterborough riders, all foreign and averages will not fit.

Perhaps Greenwood at reserve would open up some options, but again, if Ryan is to be at reserve, we would have to release Blackbird and I think he is worth another try.

Has Rob said he's building to put him at reserve because 5.03 is a massive figure and I agree that it'd be hard to have him and Blackbird at reserve but I can see Blackbird pushing past 6.00 next year.

other threads are suggesting Sam Masters.

1. Sam Masters 7.43

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.15

3. Ashley Birks 7.30

4. David Howe 6.34

5. Josh Auty 7.24

6. Oliver Greenwood 3.00

7. Ryan Douglas 5.03

Total: 42.49

There's a couple of 3.00 riders around with Scunny connections: Josh Bates, Max Clegg, Steve Worrall...

On another note. Is Howe fit to ride next year as well?

Edited by Islander15

Thanks. I hope he can!

The only one that ending the season and wouldn't have a stupidly high average is Kosciuch on 8.43 but then you may as well sign Worrall or Morris.

Has Rob said he's building to put him at reserve because 5.03 is a massive figure and I agree that it'd be hard to have him and Blackbird at reserve but I can see Blackbird pushing past 6.00 next year.

1. Sam Masters 7.43

2. Thomas Jorgensen 6.15

3. Ashley Birks 7.30

4. David Howe 6.34

5. Josh Auty 7.24

6. Oliver Greenwood 3.00

7. Ryan Douglas 5.03

Total: 42.49

There's a couple of 3.00 riders around with Scunny connections: Josh Bates, Max Clegg, Steve Worrall...

On another note. Is Howe fit to ride next year as well?

Having my first ride next weekend weather permitting, fittest I've felt for nearly two years shoulder wise

• Like 3

Having my first ride next weekend weather permitting, fittest I've felt for nearly two years shoulder wise

Are you planning to do Long Tracking again next season?

Are you planning to do Long Tracking again next season?

Not in Grand Prix so it will be a lot more limited

Not in Grand Prix so it will be a lot more limited

Thanks ,hope you have an injury free season ,best of luck .
  • Like 1

Really hope that you can get back to the form you were showing at the start of 2012 before the injuries started piling up.

looked at it 2 ways build using all the points but leaving out david howe or use david and leave a bit of scope for changes if he or anybody else gets injured.

with david

magnus 8.40

kyle newman 5.32

david 6.34

jorgy 6.15

josh 7.24

ryan 5.03

ollie greenwood 3.00

without david (using every last point)

magnus 8.40

jan graversen 5.25

sam masters 7.43