British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Sheffield V Ipswich Pl 29-08-2013

Robert Lambert is another rider I wouldn't mind seeing at Sheffield next season :-)

Along with the fans of about 20 clubs Id guess!!

A very tough start for the new lad. As long as he gives it a go that will do. We should not expect to much, Keep safe everybody. The great news today is that Ricky is responding to people and breathing on is own. Once a Tiger always a Tiger go Ricky.

• Like 1

Ben just tweeted this:

ben barker@benbarker88

1m

Just to update everyone I have crushed the L5 vertebra in my back. Waiting to see if I need an operation :( wishing Ipswich a good meeting

Ben just tweeted this:

ben barker@benbarker88

1m

Just to update everyone I have crushed the L5 vertebra in my back. Waiting to see if I need an operation :( wishing Ipswich a good meeting

Bad luck for Ben,looks like Ipswich will need guests for the forseeable future,the one good thing there is thanks to Barkers average they should have a very healthy choice of guests.

All the best to Ben for a full and speedy recovery.

A big blow to our end of season hopes.

Its a measure of how good our season has been that an away draw at a less than favoured track seems something of a disappointment tonight.

Still 2 more points though.

• Like 1

It's a good 2 points, but like I said earlier, on any other track I think we would have got 4 with ease. Ipswich history at that track is poor though, so a big smile with 2 more points on our travels.

What's Doyley doing, earning an extra point for the Witches? Surely he could have finished second in ht15 and improved the Rebels chances of finishing top. ;)

skellys in it for the money at whatever cost.. you cant stop riders earning a crust..

You would not have any points if Ben Barker had ridden. Doyal got you those two points. Imo Barker would not have scored 14 points

• Like 1

Agree with Grazgp, Barker would have got a few less than Doyle.

Andre looked like his old self for 5 heats, hopefully he can carry that on for the last few meetings. Facu had a couple of good races and showed what he can do when he gets himself in the mix from the start line. Greenwood again showed he has potential and had a solid meeting. Lawson was solid, but coming up against Doyle so many times was always going to limit his score. Wells.... Has definitely got Owlerton dialled in now and just gets better and better, hope he stays next season. Maassen looked ok, he debuted against a very strong team who are in form and after everybody else has been riding at this level for the past 6 or 7 months. He showed promise in his 3rd ride and looked fairly tidy on the bike, think he will do ok but will need a decent team around him to let him settle in on a 5 point average.

Think tonight was a point gained by Sheffield and 2 points dropped by Ipswich

• Like 2

At the start of the meeting I would have took a draw, but by the end of the meeting I have to say I felt deflated as I thought Ipswich were there for the taking.

The big difference was Jason Doyle who once again I agree with others who say that he scored more points than what Ben Barker would have got.

The Ipswich fans can crow all they like that its a point gain as they don't have a decent record around Sheffield, their record is no different to Rye House's around Sheffield and Rye turned us over not once but twice and against a lot stronger Sheffield line up.

With no Barker I don't see Ipswich progressing in the Play Off's and I don't think they looked particularly good tonight.

• Like 2