British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Berwick V Newcastle Sat 31st August Tyne/tweed Trophy

Nothing to do with averages for next year i presume

Averages will come into it,but Id rather have riders with a bit of ambition and a bit of fire in their bellies.

And if your suggesting certain riders are manipulating their averages to secure a team place next year then they`ve been doing it since March in some cases. :blink:

Face it one or two just arent up to the job.

• Like 2

The actual shape of Shielfield has altered little since speedway returned there,banking on turns three and four being the biggest.In that time we have had some great speedway with passing aplenty so the idea of the track being hard to pass on isnt quite true.Also the Under-21 meeting a few weeks ago proved that perfectly.

Bike technology is the culprit that passing has declined look at the track record when speedway returned to Shielfield.Anybody watching Seb and the U/21 guys realise that.How do you pass a PL heat leader these days if he makes the Gate.My answer is seldom.

So he didnt stand for under performing riders,not a bad thing.

He was ruthless.

Personally, I think he is one of the best team managers I have ever seen: very under-rated at the time, and - my goodness - could he not half work the system.

No disrespect to Peter, but I do think the current promotion have taken things to a different level.

I do also suspect that there might need to be a bit more backside kicking in the pits next season.

• Like 1

Why does Micky Dyer keep being mentioned? He is an Edinburgh asset, and Berwick would always be waiting in line to see if they could approach him.

In recent years, efforts to build up a club asset-base have been thwarted by serious injury to Brenton Barnfield - and career-ending injury to Adrian Rymel -- while Facundo Albin had to be passed on to become a Sheffield asset after Seb Alden walked.

Berwick have a 20-year-old asset in Bellego who will go far, and a 17-year-old asset in Liam Carr, who is now beginning to show why he will be in next season's starting seven.

Non-assets such as Aspegren and Starke will ride where their 'owners' tell them to.

In conclusion, does any Berwick follower really want to see Peter Waite back in charge?

Why does Micky Dyer keep being mentioned? He is an Edinburgh asset, and Berwick would always be waiting in line to see if they could approach him.

In recent years, efforts to build up a club asset-base have been thwarted by serious injury to Brenton Barnfield - and career-ending injury to Adrian Rymel -- while Facundo Albin had to be passed on to become a Sheffield asset after Seb Alden walked.

Berwick have a 20-year-old asset in Bellego who will go far, and a 17-year-old asset in Liam Carr, who is now beginning to show why he will be in next season's starting seven.

Non-assets such as Aspegren and Starke will ride where their 'owners' tell them to.

In conclusion, does any Berwick follower really want to see Peter Waite back in charge?

he was never going to go back to Edinburgh in a million years once deek was named in their team.

Aspegren and starke will ride where they want, if they get the offers...the days of clubs dictating are long gone.

Edited by Arson fire

No disrespect to Peter, but I do think the current promotion have taken things to a different level.

I do also suspect that there might need to be a bit more backside kicking in the pits next season.

We need the Patches O'hoolahan theory Ed! 'You gotta get mad, You gotta get angry!'

Why does Dyer keep being mentioned,have you not seen his Redcar scores.Dyer was keen on coming back to Berwick,but when Berwick didnt dtep in he went to redcar.Big mistake,still nice kevlars.

Alden walked,hardly.He was never signed so had nothing to walk from,for whatever reason.

As for Aspegren & Starke,if they arent going to be used by their parent club then they will go where they want,money,convienience etc.

No point in looking back to the Peter Waite,we have what we have for good or bad.