British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Ipswich 2014

Well other teams have one running so why not us also.

Obviously we don't know how this season will finish and what form our riders may end with, but it's only a bit of fun.

So who would you like to see in our team for next season? For me Cameron really is the only must have. I would also like to see Ben again and if a deal can be done for another season, then b

Adam also. With a full season with us next season, I could see Ritchie improving on his average and would be good if we could keep him at reserve. As for the rest, I can take or leave them. Would definitely consider klindt for a middle order team place. And if we could use him, how about the young Lambert.

Rumours are for a points limit at 38.5 so a big No1 doesn't seem feasible if that is the case. I don't think there is a team anywhere in the PL that wouldn't want Lambert. Aside from Cam who is a must to return how about going for an all British team. Using 38.5 something like Auty, Lanham, Heeps, Neilsen, Hawkins, Ellis, Lambert would fit.

Ambo on track for Barker at Perry Barr..

The rumours are 38 point limit, one big league and no gp stars. Until we know for definite who can plan a team.

The rumours are 38 point limit, one big league and no gp stars. Until we know for definite who can plan a team.

Are these the rumours before the meeting proposed in September to talk about 2014.

Edited by Tsunami

All we know is silly season has started and until meetings take place who knows what will happen and rumours will always be around.

In the current PL setup, Lanham, Heeps and Ellis are on "nice" aves. Hawkins too but has other fires to fight! ;) Barker, like many Doublers is too good for the PL. Risager blows hot and cold(new Bobby M) and Tungate is having a tough 2nd year. Should really be scoring double figures and averaging well over 8 at PL level. Klindt, Jorgensen, Davies and Stefan Nielsen all go well round Foxhall. Lambert would be a steal on a 3 but who wouldn't him? If a 3 pointer is needed, personally every PL should have one at number 7, eg the Polish format and if using 2 Brits let them stay at reserve all year. Then Bates, or Kerr fits the bill.

sounds really clever that,,, not enough points to win a match,,, where does it lead to, riders having to under-perform, to keep their jobs ???,,, 'crazy',,, luv it ;-) Edited by ruffdiamond

Aren't all these 2014 threads jumping the gun a bit considering the league set ups haven't been thrashed out yet ?

If there is a minimum Brit rule / combined EL-PL, I can see a lot of clubs pulling back there assets to cover themselves.

Aren't all these 2014 threads jumping the gun a bit considering the league set ups haven't been thrashed out yet ?

If there is a minimum Brit rule / combined EL-PL, I can see a lot of clubs pulling back there assets to cover themselves.

Its often the fans of the clubs already out of the running that start these threads so early and then no one wants to be left out!!

In the abscence of any real facts its always best to make something up - isnt it? lol

Perhaps any shake up may include some form of rider control/allocation rendering assets null and void.(see paragraph 2!!)

At the minute Ellis, Heeps, Tungate must be all nailed on. Throw in Blackbird or Nielsen at reserve. Plus Klindt and Jorgensen, if the the points limit is 38.5 (if not Barker at no.1). Leaves about 4.5 for one more.

Adam isn't ours, so that's not nailed on, but would be great to have the use of him for another season. And has rohan really improved that much this season? Certainly not as much as would have thought he would.

Edited by Baldyman

Agreed, its total madness to even debate team make ups at this stage...
  • Like 1

Blimey people, it's a little bit of fun and something to do and read, don't take it too seriously. Some people really are sticks in the mud, I think that's the expression.