British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds 2014

I m trying to work out how many fixtures they are planning on running.

Season ticket price for Adult is £330. Car park season ticket is £30

Car park is normally £1.00 so thirty plus meetings? or maybe the car park charge is going up

The adult admission was £14 so £330 represents about 24 meetings and you normally get a couple extra so say 26.

14 league matches

3 league cup in the group

2 x semi final and final of league cup

3 ko cup if they reach final

2 x round of northern fours and final as Darren mention in Speedway Star

2 x play off group

1 x play off final

1 x Tyne Tees Trophy

1 x Tyne Tweed Trophy

That gives anything from 21 to 29 plus of course any replay from ko cup matches and pre season challenges.

If this is right, season ticket looks good value

• Like 2

I m trying to work out how many fixtures they are planning on running.

Season ticket price for Adult is £330. Car park season ticket is £30

Car park is normally £1.00 so thirty plus meetings? or maybe the car park charge is going up

The adult admission was £14 so £330 represents about 24 meetings and you normally get a couple extra so say 26.

14 league matches

3 league cup in the group

2 x semi final and final of league cup

3 ko cup if they reach final

2 x round of northern fours and final as Darren mention in Speedway Star

2 x play off group

1 x play off final

1 x Tyne Tees Trophy

1 x Tyne Tweed Trophy

That gives anything from 21 to 29 plus of course any replay from ko cup matches and pre season challenges.

If this is right, season ticket looks good value

park on grace st?? It's pure greed charging for the car park when it's free for the dogs 4 times a week....

And adult admission was £15??

Edited by Arson fire

park on grace st?? It's pure greed charging for the car park when it's free for the dogs 4 times a week....

Well that together with the price Newcastle are charging for season tickets in my opinion this year compared to other clubs we are a RIP OFF! at £330 and £245 is a joke and I will NOT be renewing mine for the first time since 2008!

Well that together with the price Newcastle are charging for season tickets in my opinion this year compared to other clubs we are a RIP OFF! at £330 and £245 is a joke and I will NOT be renewing mine for the first time since 2008!

you can get to 23 matches cheaper than that if you book on line per match.... How many matches is a season ticket??

you can get to 23 matches cheaper than that if you book on line per match.... How many matches is a season ticket??

Arson fire the quoted prices are for season tickets according to the diamonds website and Istand by what I said above and incase anyone missed it I think its a RIP OFF!!

Depends on how much gate prices go to next year, if they stay at 2013 levels then season tickets don't look good value to me.

I thought admission was £15 at the gate and £14 in advance. If you are buying a season ticket then you are buying in advance. Hence the £14 quoted

does'nt really look that reasonable,,, unless the team does well,,, then its a bonus,,, but is it worth risking getting a provvy out ???

can't work the car park one out,,, when did they run 30 fixtures, just to break even ???

is the car park pass for the smaller car park ?,,, maybe its more secure ?,,, easier to get into, but harder to get out of !!!

but I like the car park,,, gives me more room to park outside,,,

but in general,,, some-one has to help pay to maintain the air fence,,,

I thought admission was £15 at the gate and £14 in advance. If you are buying a season ticket then you are buying in advance. Hence the £14 quoted

That was the season just gone.

Suggest you click the link provided by DiamondsRock and see, for 2014, it'll be £16 at the gate and £15 in advance online (per match).

Guaranteed is 3 League Cup, 14 League matches (16 if Peterborough come in late), and 1 KOC. I presume at least 1 pre-season challenge and possibly 1 Tyne/Tees and Tyne/Tweed Cup each. So 21 matches (plus the Northern 4TT Darryl mentions in the 'Star' this week). So, lets say 22 matches @£15 (if you are able to book online) = £330. Then you just have to hope they progress in the KOC or the LC or reach the Play-offs for the extra matches.

Everything else is going up in Price - so why not Speedway?

At least it hasn't gone up as much as my Electricity and Gas Bill. :mad: :mad: Now THAT is a RIP OFF!!! :mad:

Prices at the Gate seem fair enough to me. I know some will say that I am a Pensioner, and that I will benefit as a Concession, that would be true - but - I too paid full price until I qualified.

It could have gone up more - so I for one - am happy. :t:

WELL DONE!! to the Promotion for keeping the Prices increase down as low as they reasonably could. :t:

• Like 1

WELL DONE!! to the Promotion for keeping the Prices increase down as low as they reasonably could. :t:

Yeah, but they're still pretty high. Adult, Program and Car Park -> £18.50 if you buy them online, or £19.50 on the day.

That's about 4 trips to the cinema on a cheap day, 13 hours of Snooker table time (with a friend), or 8 pints of freshly brewed real ale in my local pub... Can see why I didn't attend any matches last season now! lol That, and the playoffs which give everyone a season of meaningless matches...

Yeah, but they're still pretty high. Adult, Program and Car Park -> £18.50 if you buy them online, or £19.50 on the day.

That's about 4 trips to the cinema on a cheap day, 13 hours of Snooker table time (with a friend), or 8 pints of freshly brewed real ale in my local pub... Can see why I didn't attend any matches last season now! lol That, and the playoffs which give everyone a season of meaningless matches...

Speedway is STILL a good afternoon/evening out though. :t:

Totally agree with the highlighted bit. :t::approve:

• Like 1

I'll be there every week I can. I miss too many due to work to get a season ticket but I do pay for the car park every week and buy stuff in the club shop. I can't afford to sponsor the Diamonds but I don't mind paying full whack for stuff if I think it is going towards keeping the club going.

I've had too many speedway-less years at Brough Park to take it for granted. I'm looking forward to March already.

• Like 4