British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds 2014

What do you do in the pits Abbott

Annoy people, usually! :P

• Like 1

What about of the current riders? This will only be my second full season so only know who we have now

Ludvig Lindgren ;-)

• Like 1

No. Just don't want to be seen to be favouring one particular rider.

I'll just say they are all my favourite riders!! :wink::P:D

I think you'll find thats called sitting on the bench, which is not aloud in my book as you well know Mr Abbott!! :rofl::t:

• Like 1

http://vimeo.com/54012539

Bit before my time but a good watch :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the las three quarters of an hour. :t::approve: :approve: :)

Thank you very much for Posting the Link. :t:

• Like 1

http://vimeo.com/54012539

Bit before my time but a good watch :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the las three quarters of an hour. :t::approve: :approve: :)

Thank you very much for Posting the Link. :t:

The night before (the away leg at Loomer Road), will forever live in the memory.

The Diamonds scored more at Stoke than they did in the Second leg (!) and the planned 2 Stoke coaches to Brough were cancelled (one may have ran, not 100% sure). Also the many Newcastle fans that had travelled down literally drank the bar dry!!

• Like 2

The night before (the away leg at Loomer Road), will forever live in the memory.

The Diamonds scored more at Stoke than they did in the Second leg (!) and the planned 2 Stoke coaches to Brough were cancelled (one may have ran, not 100% sure). Also the many Newcastle fans that had travelled down literally drank the bar dry!!

I wasn't even born then :(

I wasn't even born then :(

I was but think the victory over Peterborough in the same competition was better, the year before I think!!

I was but think the victory over Peterborough in the same competition was better, the year before I think!!

Agreed. We got stuffed something like 55- 35 at Peterborough and I think we needed a 5-1 to win at home and we did it. Fantastic meeting, one of the most exciting at Brough.

The Stoke away meeting killed the second leg for Stoke, but it did see then return of form of Bodger. Havvy used to have him out practicing and telling him when to slide it into the first corner. Sadly after getting his form back, he tangled with Micky Poole and subsequently lost his life. Very sad. No blame to Mick though.

Well, the season is nearly upon us and there is still lots of work to do at the track. In view of this, and the match at SJP at 1.30pm, I am proposing that we start at 9.00am with painting the last of the kick boards, and fence work to finish it off before k/board fitting. Dry upto about 3.00pm so plenty of time to get a decent shift in. Can everyone make every attempt to attend, it is very important.

The fence will be delivered soon for a first fitting, and we will then see how all the work we have done has been very worthwhile.

Obviously I have only just returned from holiday, and not been to the track yet, but I am told that a good start has been made to the grandstand steps, with all the existing ones removed, a metal frame fitted and the precast steps on site ready to be be fitted. I think they are being fitted in two halves so we should be back to normal very early in the season.

See you all on Sunday hopefully.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Agreed. We got stuffed something like 55- 35 at Peterborough and I think we needed a 5-1 to win at home and we did it. Fantastic meeting, one of the most exciting at Brough.

The Stoke away meeting killed the second leg for Stoke, but it did see then return of form of Bodger. Havvy used to have him out practicing and telling him when to slide it into the first corner. Sadly after getting his form back, he tangled with Micky Poole and subsequently lost his life. Very sad. No blame Poolly.[/font][/color][/size]

39-51 at Peterborough. "52 would do" Havvy said before the match. 52-38. Last heat Thorpe, Bargh 5-1. Happy memories. First trophy I ever saw a Newcastle team win! Edited by NJC71
  • Like 2

Smaller turnout today, but thanks to those who put a good shift in from 9 till 3. Fence looking better, and only the home straight and an odd kick board on the back straight to put on next Sunday. A panel of fencing to replace, gates to get another coat, and some concrete bases to trim and thats our work done. The track is looking real smart again, with the pools taken off and a deal of cutting afterwards. Tomorrow probably will see the new shale put on and levelled, and the track will be nearly there. That of course will depend on what weather turns up, as the forecast is not good. The standing area at the gates for the parade needs cementing, as does the chamfering of all of the centre green.
Next Sundays track prep session starts as usual at 9.30am.

Decent progress on the grandstand steps, with the row in front of the announcers box looking finished, and it would look likely that the adjacent block could be also be finished for our first meeting on the 23rd against Worky. Slow progress, but they look like they are getting there, hopefully releasing it section by section.

With the extra work due to the air fence, and the dog track sheeting, we urgently need some new people to help with the preparation on raceday. Give it some consideration and contact either Alan or Darryl, and they will give you more details of the admission package. If you want to, get in touch with me instead.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1