British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds 2014

Thanks to you both. Our fence is mainly blue and white with strips of white. Newcastle Speedway have now released Steve Brock's photos of it(on Facebook at the moment) and I think you will agree it looks superb. What with the smoother track, grass edge moved in about 2 foot and the chamfered green edging, the place is looking a treat. Just the concreting now for the standing area for the start parade.

Dave, hope you are getting a hair cut and a manicure, just to be as well turned out as the track. :drink:

• Like 1

Thanks to you both. Our fence is mainly blue and white with strips of white. Newcastle Speedway have now released Steve Brock's photos of it(on Facebook at the moment) and I think you will agree it looks superb. What with the smoother track, grass edge moved in about 2 foot and the chamfered green edging, the place is looking a treat. Just the concreting now for the standing area for the start parade.

................... at least it's not Black and White Dave. :t::approve:

or Red and White for that matter. :shock: :shock: ;)

And that coming from a former Sunderland and Redcar supporter. Tut tut.

• Like 1

And that coming from a former Sunderland and Redcar supporter. Tut tut.

................ and current Newcastle 'Diamonds' Supporter. :t::shock: :shock: :approve:

yeah,,, cos the club is trying to encourage new fans, seeing that would be enough to put anyone off :-P

the new fence looks really nice,,, wonda who will be first to try it out ???,,, probly one of the workington mob,,,

Just looked at the photos on Facebook and the air fence and track look amazing, don't think I have seen it look as good in a long time. Well Done to everyone who has helped from one very grateful fan, it is the hard work you guys put in that goes a long way to enable the Diamonds to race week in week out. I wish I could help out but just don't have the time. Really looking forward to this Sunday for the practice and then the following Sunday for the 1st match of the season. Bring it on.

• Like 4

Looking forward to the Practice Day on Sunday, and the Press day on Monday. Both scheduled to start about Noon but usually starts a bit later. Anybody who can give a hand with the sheets on the dog track on Sunday, could they be there about 9.30am and ask for me or Ron.

On the Monday, with it being a working day, we are desperate for helpers to help take the sheets off, starting probably mid afternoon about 2.30pm. As usual, the public are admitted to both sessions free of charge, but if you could help after the session on Monday, it would be greatly appreciated. With the addition of the air fence work, we urgently need more helpers every week, particularly after the meeting, and there is a free admission arrangement to all those helpers. See me or members of the promotion for details.

In the evening of course, we have the Meet the Riders/Race night at the PTE club on Millers Road, Byker, and that starts at 7.30pm with the first race at 8.00pm. See ya there. Free admission and a raffle remember.

Looking forward to the Practice Day on Sunday, and the Press day on Monday. Both scheduled to start about Noon but usually starts a bit later. Anybody who can give a hand with the sheets on the dog track on Sunday, could they be there about 9.30am and ask for me or Ron.

On the Monday, with it being a working day, we are desperate for helpers to help take the sheets off, starting probably mid afternoon about 2.30pm. As usual, the public are admitted to both sessions free of charge, but if you could help after the session on Monday, it would be greatly appreciated. With the addition of the air fence work, we urgently need more helpers every week, particularly after the meeting, and there is a free admission arrangement to all those helpers. See me or members of the promotion for details.

In the evening of course, we have the Meet the Riders/Race night at the PTE club on Millers Road, Byker, and that starts at 7.30pm with the first race at 8.00pm. See ya there. Free admission and a raffle remember.

I wish I could come and help on Monday but i'm still in school :sad:

• Like 1

Just a reminder Practice and Press days at Brough on Sunday 16th and 17th. If you can help, we need helpers at 9.30am on the 16th and at about 2-3-pm on the 17th, for sheet work on the dog track. About 1 hour of your time, please.

Meet the Riders/Race night at 7.30pm at the PTE on Monday 17th.

................ and current Newcastle 'Diamonds' Supporter. :t::shock: :shock: :approve:

That just reads so so wrong still after all this time... I understand your reasons for going to Newcastle after the way Havelock Snr was with you... But crikey, Redcar fan to Newcastle fan... Oh dear oh dear :lol::wink:

• Like 1

That just reads so so wrong still after all this time... I understand your reasons for going to Newcastle after the way Havelock Snr was with you... But crikey, Redcar fan to Newcastle fan... Oh dear oh dear :lol::wink:

We thought you had made the switch at one time. :shock::D;)

• Like 1

anybody not going to brough park today get along to the cramlington sporting club for some cycle speedway action . tapes up at 2pm.

Mammoth effort from the sheeters today to get the sheets down in over 20 mph winds. Fortunately the wind slightly subsided, and they stashed down long enough to get the practice run. Many Many thanks to you all for your efforts. Fence behaved itself and, talking to the riders to get to know how hard they want it, we had a certain rider give us feedback by throwing himself into it and get the right hardness. No mention of who it was, but no doubt one of the photos taken will surface shortly and you will see who it was.

Went into the carpark and I swear the number of people who attended the practice session must have near the same number of cars that a normal meeting brings. Really well attended, with families using the facilities laid on with drinks, snacks a last years merchandise sale. Nice to note that half the new terracing is in place and grouted, so here's hoping we can use it as sections of it are released.

As to the racing. I know some have already ridden, but I can safely say that today was the first time ever I have seem the whole team on the gas from the very start of the session. No fallers or engine probs, and everyone liking the track, augers well for the new season. No problem with newboy Lewis Rose, he will do well. Anton was getting a lot of mentions with the crowd, but to be fair, I thought they all performed well and looked good. Some of the juniors got track time as a thank you fo

Tomorrow of course is the formal day for new photos, team shots, etc, and they will be followed by a 4 team launch from the local Northern teams for a piece to be shown on local TV's. Be interesting. If you can make it, the first photo shoot stats at 11.00am.

Would love to see helpers after the press session to help with the removal of the sheets. With people working, we are hopelessly understaffed so any help would be appreciated.

In the evening of course, we have the Meet the Riders/Race night at the PTE starting at 7.30pm for first race at 8.00 See you then.

• Like 1