British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Sheffield Pl Sun 1/9/13@3p.m.

o.i.c thanks never seen that talking about greatest tiger how about charlie monk and the legand ken le brittin hope thats how you spell it .told that by an o.a.p down at my local pub any one with any info

Charlie Monk would have been my choice , though Lawson did ride 15 seasons for Glasgow . The Ken Le Breton you speak of was actually a Glasgow Giants rider . Glasgow had two teams in the early 50's , and ironically the Giants rode at the same stadium that the current Tigers use .

Hope Theo helps you to a win today - you deserve it after the season you've had to endure. However, looking at the revised Sheffield line-up, it won't be easy. I think it could be down to the reserves who at last seem to be coming good for Glasgow.

Finally a Sunday without a home defeat. Based on the racing a draw was a fair result however 8 points from Maassen r/r more than helped Sheffield to a draw. Albin looked decent after a poor first ride, working hard for his points. You could be forgiven in some heats for wondering if it was Bager who had never seen the track before. Ringwood was excellent when he gated, four race wins by ht8 then not a lot thereafter. Dakota North also looked much better. With one more PL match left for Glasgow, regardless of how it finishes we will end the season with single figure points, and deservedly so!

• Like 1

Finally a Sunday without a home defeat. Based on the racing a draw was a fair result however 8 points from Maassen r/r more than helped Sheffield to a draw. Albin looked decent after a poor first ride, working hard for his points. You could be forgiven in some heats for wondering if it was Bager who had never seen the track before. Ringwood was excellent when he gated, four race wins by ht8 then not a lot thereafter. Dakota North also looked much better. With one more PL match left for Glasgow, regardless of how it finishes we will end the season with single figure points, and deservedly so!

I could see Albin in the pits and was very impressed with him and the way he kept working at improving things as well as the way he improved every race.

Dak definitely benefitted from the move to no5, he was flying. Theo is a great team man and was an excellent guest for us. Nice touch as well to wear his Glasgow kevlars, pity we cant make it permanent

• Like 3

I could see Albin in the pits and was very impressed with him and the way he kept working at improving things as well as the way he improved every race.

Dak definitely benefitted from the move to no5, he was flying. Theo is a great team man and was an excellent guest for us. Nice touch as well to wear his Glasgow kevlars, pity we cant make it permanent

Agree re Theo - top bloke!

As for Dak, most of the support could see No2 was a wasted opportunity and not working.

Why didn't Sean?

Or did he see something the rest of use didn't?

Wonder if Anders withdrawal today will count for his average. Today was his 9th match with Plymouth home in a fortnight being his 10th. Is it 10 matches for an average, 12 for an asset? No doubt Berwick are watching the situation :blink: !

• Like 2

Was a close meeting and a draw was a fair result, pretty much all gate and go and we are pretty bad at gating!! However Joey Ringwood's first 4 races were astonishing ...couldn't believe what i was seeing, a bit much to ask him to keep it going , but well done to him for being top scorer. Dakota North also improved , he never gives up but couldn't seem to pass despite trying...maybe he was scared to in case he got excluded lol... James and Henning pairing didn't quite work, seemed to get in each others way, it was Henning's lowest score at home for a while. Theo... was delighted to see him in his Glasgow kevlars and although didn't get a win, he was solid enough and out every race clapping the boys back in... a fabulous team man...wish he was back at Glasgow :(.. As for Sheffield , Richie Lawson excellent at our track ( should take up his inheritance and ride for us ! Ricky Wells was also excellent , however he is very good at moving on the starts, Facundo Albin got better as the meeting progressed, but r/r got 8 paid 9 points and no way the german would have scored that !! I guess the Tigers will be riding to keep their place for next season ?

Strange old sport is speedway . Last week i watched a meeting that finished 70-20 and the racing was pretty good . Yesterday i watched a 45-45 draw and it was mind numbingly boring .

• Like 1

Strange old sport is speedway . Last week i watched a meeting that finished 70-20 and the racing was pretty good . Yesterday i watched a 45-45 draw and it was mind numbingly boring .

Think the tracks have alot to do with it Paul, the Peterboro track is awesome and the Ashfield track isn't quite as good. Of course I only visit Ashfield once or twice a year but it looks very hard to pass unless a rider in front makes a mistake and you can fill your programme in after turn 2 on the first lap.

Must say I enjoyed Sheffield meeting at Plymouth on Friday for the racing alot more than yesterday's meeting even though Sheffield had a poorer result.

• Like 2

It was a very dull meeting until ht 15 where at least a last heat decider gave some form of excitement

Edited by markw40

Think the tracks have alot to do with it Paul, the Peterboro track is awesome and the Ashfield track isn't quite as good. Of course I only visit Ashfield once or twice a year but it looks very hard to pass unless a rider in front makes a mistake and you can fill your programme in after turn 2 on the first lap.

Also reflects the standard of rider on show, both teams aren't bottom for nothing.