British Speedway Forum
lionking

Worst Presenters

I dont think Porky is dreadful, I'm just not a fan of his over the top style, and when he calls us "yummy brummies" :blink: . He whips up the crowd pretty well and I must admit I have heard and seen some funny things involving him. Like at a Dudley match when he tripped over the tapes and went flying head first on the straight!!

• Like 1

Classic porky

I thought Paul was superb. A loss to the sport if our 'H' Man not still presenting

Yes good old 'H' MAN very funny when he needed to be but always knew when he needed to be serious.

my favourite(s) include:-

"Shock news here at the Smallmead snack bar, someone has just found some meat in their hamburger"

when the lion gave a woman in the crowd a kit kat and H Man said "That's the best two fingers you'll get tonight love"

to the Somerset fan who was drawing the raffle

H - Hi Where you from

Somerset fan - Bridgewater

H - Sorry

H - yes, i heard that i'm just sorry

So surprised that he hasn't been snapped up since Reading closed.

Bring back H Man

• Like 1

Yes good old 'H' MAN very funny when he needed to be but always knew when he needed to be serious.

"Shock news here at the Smallmead snack bar, someone has just found some meat in their hamburger"

when the lion gave a woman in the crowd a kit kat and H Man said "That's the best two fingers you'll get tonight love"

H - Hi Where you from

H - Sorry

Bring back H Man

I love that :D

Terrific - Thank you for Posting that. :t::rofl: :rofl:

H - Hi Where you from

H - Sorry

Bring back H Man

Phoenix Nights fan then is he

• Like 1

H - Hi Where you from

H - Sorry

Bring back H Man

He was good. I remember getting a bit of stick off him a few times at Reading.

I remember him putting out a request for a sausage and chips that had gone missing in the snack bar and pointing out it was probably a mistake and nobody would steal a sausage and chips from there.

Quite often he would make remarks that were a touch dodgy but he got away with it, somehow!

Gotta be the chap at King's Lynn - zero speedway knowledge = lots of mindless shouting = zero riders interviews = zero interesting chat / comments about speedway in general = zero fan involvement/atmosphere. We used to cringe/laugh at Mike Bennett, but he knew his stuff and got everyone involved...very sadly missed :-(

• Like 1

For me it has to be the Alan partridge of presenters. Mike Bennett.

His winding up of the away fans, massive ego and lurid clothes always made me cringe.

• Like 1

For me it has to be the Alan partridge of presenters. Mike Bennett.

His winding up of the away fans, massive ego and lurid clothes always made me cringe.

After Mike left Oxford, he always seemed to give the Oxford fans a hard time whether we were. Then, at Wimbledon around 1991 (where we were stood partially under the main complex), there was a massive echo that amplified any noise made by the fans.

It was revenge time, as we took the mickey out of Mike Bennett between every race. By Heat 15, he was stood as far as possible away from us, in the opposite corner of centre green, almost toppling onto the speedway track. We had fun that night. :party:

All the best

Rob

York needs to retire as he upset so many fans last night at the stocks who recorded the speedway & he came out & told the fans he won't say who won but team gb have not done very well tonight, the guy is a plonker and deserved fans shouting at him.

York needs to retire as he upset so many fans last night at the stocks who recorded the speedway & he came out & told the fans he won't say who won but team gb have not done very well tonight, the guy is a plonker and deserved fans shouting at him.

Hate it when people moan about someone giving a result on TV/radio because they have recorded it. If you are going to watch something on say IPlayer next week does that mean no one should talk about it? :nono::mad:

• Like 1

I have worked for Mike Bennett and have to say the guy is a perfectionist!

He did a lot of work away from the track that fans weren't aware of too!

He's obviously not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but the guy did his best for the sport and even dipped into his own pockets a few times to ensure the sport got some media coverage.

Whilst he was working at a pirate radio station he even gave the sport a regular slot!

To those who gave him a hard time, Oxford fans, I have to say you're very much mistaken. Mike lapped up all that booing! Better to be booed than ignored! You played right into his hands lol.

Amongst the others Dick Barrie is a gent away from the mike!

Peter York is a pro, but did annoy me with his insistence at altering riders names. Rick Miller becoming Ricky Miller for instance.

There's a lot of good guys around Craig Saul, Shaun Leigh etc

Worst announcer I ever heard was Dave Willsher at Rye House and I wasn't that fond of Terry Ripo either.

Rob McCaffrey wasn't bad, but hands out to many stats.

At the end of the day it's all about personal preferences.