British Speedway Forum
screm

Berwick V Sheffield Ricky Ashworth Meeting 28/9/2013 @7pm

As I get Berwick bulletins by e-mail (why don't more clubs do this?) I have received news of your Saturday line-ups.

Some interesting names there, that's for certain!

For the benefit of those who haven't subscribed yet, what are the line ups?

Makes signing up all the more sensible, as it is free -- they're giving away a five-meeting free pass for next season -- and as was emphasised repeatedly on Saturday night, there are times when subscribers will learn information faster than on website, etc.

Including, it seems, this time!

BERWICK: 1. Kenneth Hansen (Denmark), 2. David Bellego (France), 3. Jakub Jamrog (Poland), 4. Matthew Wethers (Australia), 5. Kevin Doolan (Australia), 6. Dimitri Berge (France), 7. Paul Starke (England), 8. Liam Carr (England).

SHEFFIELD: 1. Richie Worrall (England), 2. Andre Compton (England), 3. Andy Tully (Scotland), 4. Danny Maasen (Germany), 5. Theo Pijper (Netherlands), 6. Damien Koppe (Australia), 7. Facundo Albin (Argentina), 8. Sam Ermolenko (USA).

Just beat me to it, B4E! Not sure why earlier correspondent didn't check club website, it's there OK. As is the link for people to sign up for the newsletter! Looks pretty easy, this Tiger is going to try it out. If only for the free tickets.

BERWICK: 1. Kenneth Hansen (Denmark), 2. David Bellego (France), 3. Jakub Jamrog (Poland), 4. Matthew Wethers (Australia), 5. Kevin Doolan (Australia), 6. Dimitri Berge (France), 7. Paul Starke (England), 8. Liam Carr (England).

SHEFFIELD: 1. Richie Worrall (England), 2. Andre Compton (England), 3. Andy Tully (Scotland), 4. Danny Maasen (Germany), 5. Theo Pijper (Netherlands), 6. Damien Koppe (Australia), 7. Facundo Albin (Argentina), 8. Sam Ermolenko (USA).

Hansen was great for Peterbro in 2009 and has had excellent season in Danish Super League and has been riding for Krakow in Poland. Hansen scored 10 beating some big names in the Danish Team Championship last week.

Jamrog has been riding recently for Lodz I think in Polish Division One and clocked a 15 point maximum recently and am sure won Ukraine Open although not earth shattering. As for Berge he was in European U 21 Semi and scored 9 or 10 Rides lots grass meetings in France and was in their TWTC squad?

Just beat me to it, B4E! Not sure why earlier correspondent didn't check club website, it's there OK. As is the link for people to sign up for the newsletter! Looks pretty easy, this Tiger is going to try it out. If only for the free tickets.

When they didn't announce the line up on Saturday night, I did a quick straw poll of 25 fans sitting arround me. 13 had the internet available, 6 however didn't use it, only 5 had facebook. Extensive use of the internet for promotion of events, deprives approx half of fans of information, if it is not announced on the night. Just look around you at a speedway meeting, and look at the age bands, I think that group of people deseve better information, other than the internet, after all they are the paying public and without them we would not have speedway.

When they didn't announce the line up on Saturday night, I did a quick straw poll of 25 fans sitting arround me. 13 had the internet available, 6 however didn't use it, only 5 had facebook. Extensive use of the internet for promotion of events, deprives approx half of fans of information, if it is not announced on the night. Just look around you at a speedway meeting, and look at the age bands, I think that group of people deseve better information, other than the internet, after all they are the paying public and without them we would not have speedway.

Its the old adage You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time! No doubt yoyr local press and star will list as well.Dont think riders whoever they are matter in a meeting like this.

Its the old adage You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time! No doubt yoyr local press and star will list as well.Dont think riders whoever they are matter in a meeting like this.

Nothing wrong with using the internet as part of informing fans, the local press is another. Berwick fans come from all over, S.E Scotland, N/E.England and all over the Borders so not every medium works. I am fully aware of the effect of the internet on my business, however it is still only 15% who buy on line, so it must be that 85% still buy from shops, but I must still be aware of the effect on my business from the internet. That announcement could have been made on Saturday night for those fans that do not have the internet, they surely deserve that concideration.

Nothing wrong with using the internet as part of informing fans, the local press is another. Berwick fans come from all over, S.E Scotland, N/E.England and all over the Borders so not every medium works. I am fully aware of the effect of the internet on my business, however it is still only 15% who buy on line, so it must be that 85% still buy from shops, but I must still be aware of the effect on my business from the internet. That announcement could have been made on Saturday night for those fans that do not have the internet, they surely deserve that concideration.

From what I heard yesterday I dont think Sheffield team was confirmed but maybe am wrong?

From what I heard yesterday I dont think Sheffield team was confirmed but maybe am wrong?

90%, somewhere about what was happening is all is needed, it's not a league fixture so is not vital that it is 100%.

As one of Rickys sponsors, I am sick I won,t be there on Saturday. However all 10 of us going to THE GOLDEN HELMET will be wearing our RICKY BANDS, and I have a T shirt made for everyone with BERWICK BANDITS FANS-ASK UOU KEEP A THOUGHT FOR--RICKY ASHWORTH---AND HIS FAMILY.

90%, somewhere about what was happening is all is needed, it's not a league fixture so is not vital that it is 100%.

As one of Rickys sponsors, I am sick I won,t be there on Saturday. However all 10 of us going to THE GOLDEN HELMET will be wearing our RICKY BANDS, and I have a T shirt made for everyone with BERWICK BANDITS FANS-ASK UOU KEEP A THOUGHT FOR--RICKY ASHWORTH---AND HIS FAMILY.

Well said

Hansen was great for Peterbro in 2009 and has had excellent season in Danish Super League and has been riding for Krakow in Poland. Hansen scored 10 beating some big names in the Danish Team Championship last week.

Jamrog has been riding recently for Lodz I think in Polish Division One and clocked a 15 point maximum recently and am sure won Ukraine Open although not earth shattering. As for Berge he was in European U 21 Semi and scored 9 or 10 Rides lots grass meetings in France and was in their TWTC squad?

Quite apart from the "good cause" aspect of this meeting, the fresh faces in the Berwick team, and the prospect of Sudden Sam back on track as No 8 for Sheffield give it the feel of an interesting evening. Good luck to all concerned.

• Like 3

Two good sides, looks a good match up on paper and for the fans plus monies going to a good cause.

Jamrog was Unia Tarnow's No2 last year, certainly exciting that being said he was a little out of his depth for the now previous Polish champions.