British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Leicester Pl Sunday 8th September 6.30pm

Not another track that Alex doesn't like.Seems happier playing golf.

at least he looks like he putting some effort in most of the time. If he's a rubbish rider then fair enough but at least when i see him he looks likes he trying to give it go. I'd have him over most.

Surely riders have to get off the track if they are moving slowly and everyone else is still racing?

there is a beautiful Lions, Bees, Tigers punchline here but i can't quite nail it. It doesn't deserve the half hearted.

Edited by volty

Yes.. that is the general idea for having a level break? :D

Maybe we should have "random" starts then, do away with the tapes and just drop a flag or summat or, maybe the starter could put his hand out, wave 3-2-1 then shout "go" would that be any better.... left the door open there CB!!! ;):D

A 'level break' should not mean all 4 leaving the line together. The riders are given the same opportunity and as long as all four are stood still behind the tapes then why should one rider who drops the clutch first, or finds more grip, to get ahead be pulled back? I'd be well fed up this morning if I was Andrew Tully. I have no idea how much he is paid but it was 3 points off his total. I'm not annoyed for the team as we can always just put Lewis in to the heat and he'll win it anyway, but for the individual riders.

This is what was happening to Robbo earlier in the season when he was accused of getting 'flyers'. He just had a run of finding his perfect technique for about a fortnight.

Trapping is part of the sport (ask Ivan Mauger) and I don't think people who are good at it should be penalised.

• Like 2

A 'level break' should not mean all 4 leaving the line together. The riders are given the same opportunity and as long as all four are stood still behind the tapes then why should one rider who drops the clutch first, or finds more grip, to get ahead be pulled back? I'd be well fed up this morning if I was Andrew Tully. I have no idea how much he is paid but it was 3 points off his total. I'm not annoyed for the team as we can always just put Lewis in to the heat and he'll win it anyway, but for the individual riders.

This is what was happening to Robbo earlier in the season when he was accused of getting 'flyers'. He just had a run of finding his perfect technique for about a fortnight.

Trapping is part of the sport (ask Ivan Mauger) and I don't think people who are good at it should be penalised.

If a ride gets away from the start first without breaking the tapes, then what's wrong with that. As long as the rider is sitting still at the start( under green lights) should be aloud to continue. Seen it a few times at Leicester with James Sargeant. Those quick starts would I'm sure led to better race results, more confedance and would probably still been in the team.

I would like to thank our nice friendly neighbours up the road for keeping our season alive, you have handed us a lifeline into the play offs, Thank you, :drink:

• Like 1

at least he looks like he putting some effort in most of the time. If he's a rubbish rider then fair enough but at least when i see him he looks likes he trying to give it go. I'd have him over most.

I think its safe to say that the vast majority of Berwick fans would be only to happy to see Edberg back at Leicester next season.

you mean like the time you advised our track curator about where he was going wrong in his track curating. So how did it go when you offered to advise him by PM rather than embarrass him in front of all us know nothings on BSF? Maybe that's what you mean, are you offering to catch up with Glyn in the pits or the office?

unfortunately i think it was an attempt at funny. funny smug. dream combination.

Erm, lets hope the Lions don't do their usual away thing and fade towards the end of the meeting :blink:

what a comeback in the latter heats though.. heat 8-13 and we've kept them level pegged. Still only 26 points behind! :blink:

oh well. Pity as it looked like our new high scoring reserve partnership was going to take us to the title if we'd got there :blink: .. After all, the riders SN showed his rear wheel to last week (Thrice beating a hopelessly underpowered Derek Sneddon and even coming out even stevens in his match races with young Liam Carr) i was expecting big things again tonight. Actually for the benefit of those who don't get it, that's sarcastic, i wasn't. Interestingly, and admittedly i may have been alone in this thinking during the euphoria of the beating of Edinburgh, i thought the young brit Sergeant probably would have done a similar job to what Nielsen did (he would definately would have scored no worse tonight) and in my eyes he looks a better rider for the future. Oh and he's young and English, did I mention that?

there is a beautiful Lions, Bees, Tigers punchline here but i can't quite nail it. It doesn't deserve the half hearted.

Even more beautiful contributions from the one called confused.volty. Didn't see you there last night to see some decent racing. Must be getting enough at Leicester at the moment. Visitors seem to enjoy the entertainment lately at Leicester, but some of the locals still only go to shout off at the promotion and riders. Oh Dear.

BTW Yes, I did PM Glyn, and we did have a discussion in private about the probs with the track and it's surface. It's what normal folks do, unless you live in Leicester it would appear. And yes, I did see Glyn last night, and had a wag with him in the pits throughout the night. Also had a canny crack with Big John the start marshall, who I hadn't seen for awhile, and it was nice to see and talk to him. Again, it's what normal people do.

I must admit I am very impressed that you take up so much of your time to mention me often in your dispatches, who I am meeting and talking to, and what I might be saying to them. Anybody else of course would call it an obsession. See you in the Play Offs.

I must agree with you Chewy. Ref Chris Gay was obviously looking elsewhere, as I could not find anybody last night who had seem even a smidge of movement, especially the second start where Chris was obviously looking out for him. Chris did the job of refereeing no good last night, as that was not an impartial performance. These sort of decisions, are costing riders and teams points and money, and the sooner refs get these decisions right the sooner the better for all concerned.

I would like to thank our nice friendly neighbours up the road for keeping our season alive, you have handed us a lifeline into the play offs, Thank you, :drink:

Actually, there was some Bears fans there tonight cheering on the Diamonds favourites. A rare sight indeed.

i think it matters none if yourselves or us get into the play offs it seems whoever gets there will only be making up the numbers anyway,not sure who has the worse team at the moment leicester or redcar and whoever gets in will need more than any lifeline has to offer.

i think it matters none if yourselves or us get into the play offs it seems whoever gets there will only be making up the numbers anyway,not sure who has the worse team at the moment Leicester or redcar and whoever gets in will need more than any lifeline has to offer.

I think that just about say's it all.

But I guess that leaves us with a list of pointless meetings taking us to the end of the season.

Even more beautiful contributions from the one called confused.volty. Didn't see you there last night to see some decent racing. Must be getting enough at Leicester at the moment. Visitors seem to enjoy the entertainment lately at Leicester, but some of the locals still only go to shout off at the promotion and riders. Oh Dear.

BTW Yes, I did PM Glyn, and we did have a discussion in private about the probs with the track and it's surface. It's what normal folks do, unless you live in Leicester it would appear. And yes, I did see Glyn last night, and had a wag with him in the pits throughout the night. Also had a canny crack with Big John the start marshall, who I hadn't seen for awhile, and it was nice to see and talk to him. Again, it's what normal people do.

I must admit I am very impressed that you take up so much of your time to mention me often in your dispatches, who I am meeting and talking to, and what I might be saying to them. Anybody else of course would call it an obsession. See you in the Play Offs.

Not sure when i mentioned you in dispatches, as far as i am aware i replied to what was, frankly, a condescending post, that is all.

But now you ask, didn't make it last night for various reasons. Some i am afraid very personal, but ultimately I run a business so my spare time at the weekend is generally spent on quality time with my young kids. As much as spending the day driving to and from Newcastle appeals to me i'm not sure that's the idea of fun they have in mind. If that makes me a good time speedway supporter in your eyes then i accept your put downs. my bad.

I also generally watch my speedway meetings with friends who i've known for years. You probably wouldn't know them by name or person, admittedly. But that is what normal people generally do. I don't have canny crack's with Big John, Glyn or Small Barry from the ticket office for that matter, or anyone else you may know. Again, i bow down to your ability to mix with these 'personalities' at will, but hey, ho. BTW, I've also never felt the need to tell someone how they should be doing their job in a public forum without first exploring the option to do put it in a more personal level first, even the times i thought i might look clever doing it in a public way. I've certainly never felt the need to tell everyone that's what i'm about to do. We are all different though. Should we go PM? (that last bit's a joke)

Mick.

Not sure when i mentioned you in dispatches, as far as i am aware i replied to what was, frankly, a condescending post, that is all.

But now you ask, didn't make it last night for various reasons. Some i am afraid very personal, but ultimately I run a business so my spare time at the weekend is generally spent on quality time with my young kids. As much as spending the day driving to and from Newcastle appeals to me i'm not sure that's the idea of fun they have in mind. If that makes me a good time speedway supporter in your eyes then i accept your put downs. my bad.

I also generally watch my speedway meetings with friends who i've known for years. You probably wouldn't know them by name or person, admittedly. But that is what normal people generally do. I don't have canny crack's with Big John, Glyn or Small Barry from the ticket office for that matter, or anyone else you may know. Again, i bow down to your ability to mix with these 'personalities' at will, but hey, ho. BTW, I've also never felt the need to tell someone how they should be doing their job in a public forum without first exploring the option to do put it in a more personal level first, even the times i thought i might look clever doing it in a public way. I've certainly never felt the need to tell everyone that's what i'm about to do. We are all different though. Should we go PM? (that last bit's a joke)

Mick.

Thank Christ for that.

Bringing in Rosen has proved a master stroke by Newcastle and barring further injuries, I remain convinced they will wipe the floor with all the other play-off contenders over two legs.

Re Chris Gay, he has previous for incorrectly penalising "certain" riders for alleged rolling starts.

He also has a tendency to hold the tapes far too long, which appears to be an attempt to induce tape touching/breaking.

If you found it condescending, I think that gives you the right to flounce out.

By it's very definition tho a "level break" is exactly that, a "level break", if judging by your comments you mean once all four riders are still behind the tapes then you need to drop the word "break" from your reply and just quote "level" at the start, then whomever gets the start from there is entitled to benefit, if that is so then I would agree with you on that, I too have seen riders get great starts and be pulled back and not just Comets riders, you certainly don't see many skip away thesedays? ;)

The Lions certainly didn't turn up for this meeting which was bitterly disappointing for their travelling fans and the fact that they were fighting for a playoff place. However, both reserves turned out to be injured which explains why only 1 point was scored between them. One very contentious observation I heard was that the track staff were "specially" racking the gates the Newcastle Riders were about to gate from. This, as I understand it, was pointed out to the ref after which the heats were very much closer. If there's any truth in that, then that's very disappointing. That said Newcastle were worthy victors and soundly beat the Lions.

The Lions certainly didn't turn up for this meeting which was bitterly disappointing for their travelling fans and the fact that they were fighting for a playoff place. However, both reserves turned out to be injured which explains why only 1 point was scored between them. One very contentious observation I heard was that the track staff were "specially" racking the gates the Newcastle Riders were about to gate from. This, as I understand it, was pointed out to the ref after which the heats were very much closer. If there's any truth in that, then that's very disappointing. That said Newcastle were worthy victors and soundly beat the Lions.

I wasn't there but I looked at updates and it appears that the Diamonds riders were generally coming from the back anyway!

• Like 2