British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Leicester Pl Sunday 8th September 6.30pm

The Lions certainly didn't turn up for this meeting which was bitterly disappointing for their travelling fans and the fact that they were fighting for a playoff place. However, both reserves turned out to be injured which explains why only 1 point was scored between them. One very contentious observation I heard was that the track staff were "specially" racking the gates the Newcastle Riders were about to gate from. This, as I understand it, was pointed out to the ref after which the heats were very much closer. If there's any truth in that, then that's very disappointing. That said Newcastle were worthy victors and soundly beat the Lions.

I never heard that nor have I ever seen it happen at Brough.

I never heard that nor have I ever seen it happen at Brough.

nor me and we don't normally have rakers at the gates.

One very contentious observation I heard was that the track staff were "specially" racking the gates the Newcastle Riders were about to gate from. This, as I understand it, was pointed out to the ref after which the heats were very much closer. If there's any truth in that, then that's very disappointing. That said Newcastle were worthy victors and soundly beat the Lions.

who said this then??

who said this then??

Someone who was there. He stressed the match certainly wasn't decided on just the gating, but the rakers did spend a considerable amount of time on each of the Newcastle riders next gate to compared to that of Leicester's. It's not sour grapes from this supporter, because he acknowledged Newcastle were on fire that night with some terrific riding.

who said this then??

Slanderous Comment if this is NOT true. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Slanderous Comment if this is NOT true. :mad: :mad: :mad:

If it was reported to the match ref, then it must be true. It didn't stop us from getting a good hammering though.

A lesson in how to blow your play off chances.

If it was reported to the match ref, then it must be true. It didn't stop us from getting a good hammering though.

A lesson in how to blow your play off chances.

Was it reported to the ref then, or not? I saw NO evidence of it happening (the 'tampering' not the report).

All I said was I saw no tampering of the gates. Others have also said they didn't see it either. Those who (allegedly) did see it aren't exactly queuing up to post they did see it, though, are they?

All I said was I saw no tampering of the gates. Others have also said they didn't see it either. Those who (allegedly) did see it aren't exactly queuing up to post they did see it, though, are they?

What makes you assume that they come on to here, or even know of its existent s.

Well you can add another to your List of who didn't see anything Abbott. I saw NOTHING amiss either.

Sounds like malicious GOSSIP to me. :mad: :mad:

Well you can add another to your List of who didn't see anything Abbott. I saw NOTHING amiss either.

Sounds like malicious GOSSIP to me. :mad: :mad:

Remember it's Leicester fans we are dealing with here. :P

• Like 1

Remember it's Leicester fans we are dealing with here. :P

Thanks for that. We get enough sh*t from our own so called supporters. :angry:

Edited by Liontamer

Thanks for that. We get enough sh*t from our own so called supporters. :angry:

You knew of course there are exceptions.