British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Plymouth Pl Sun 15th Sept @3p.m.

Final league match of what has been a very disappointing season on track . Still last weeks big win over the forces of darkness put a smile on everyone's face and more of the same would be a nice way of ending the campaign . Anders should be back in the team for this one , and we have Josh back as a guest at number 1 .

Teams for Sunday are -

Glasgow

1 Josh Grajczonek (guest)

2 Henning Bager

3 Anders Thomsen

4 James Grieves ( el capitano )

5 Dakota North

6 Joe Jacobs

7 Joey Ringwood

Plymouth

1 Mikkel Bech

2 Todd Kurtz

3 Rasmus Jensen

4 Michael Palm Toft

5 Mark Lemon (captain)

6 Jake Anderson

7 Ashley Morris ( guest )

Rain off virtually guaranteed. Weather warning for high winds and heavy rain for Sunday & Monday.

Yeah weather looks terrible sunday too dangerous but the riders could tie sails on the bikes and take the engines out. some ftg slow sail racing with a bumper crowd just hope they make plenty of the £1 soup.

Humming and hawing about a quick two-day trip to follow the Devils. It isn't the prospect of defeat in the north (I'm an Exeter Falcon, it used to happen all the time) that puts me off, it is the weather! Decision will be made after tonight's weather on TV.

Edited by Lord Antebellum

I too just got the email from the promotion that it is ON. Frankly, I'll be astonished if it is. It is pouring where I am and has been for hours plus the weather forecast is for gale force winds and heavy rain. Yet they say they've contacted the weather people who say all will be well. I'm confused . :sad:

I too just got the email from the promotion that it is ON. Frankly, I'll be astonished if it is. It is pouring where I am and has been for hours plus the weather forecast is for gale force winds and heavy rain. Yet they say they've contacted the weather people who say all will be well. I'm confused . :sad:

I hope they got the name of the person in the Met Office because the forecast on their website certainly doesn't reflect what the email says :blink: . More likely a case of last PL match of the season, Plymouth are travelling up anyway as they are at Newcastle tomorrow so get it on regardless.
  • Like 2

I hope they got the name of the person in the Met Office because the forecast on their website certainly doesn't reflect what the email says :blink: . More likely a case of last PL match of the season, Plymouth are travelling up anyway as they are at Newcastle tomorrow so get it on regardless.

we are intending going to glasgow but will leave it till as long as we can ,were 1 hr from track so will be gratfull for any update upto say 13.30 hrs cheers

it's still on according to Noah and The Man from Atlantis at the track . However looking out my window , the rain isn't easing and it's torrential

• Like 2

If it's on I hope we see RACING not follow the gater. :blink:

Follow the gater? Last week when it was much drier than today, even good riders were going round wheels in line. I don't know what to make of this. If this meeting goes ahead I'll take the flak, but if it's actually SPEEDWAY RACING It'll be a bloody miracle of track preparation. I know it's the last meeting etc etc, and the guys come all the way from Plymouth, but two things come to mind. Firstly rider safety, and secondly cost to the punters. It looks like a fingers crossed gamble to me by the promotion.

• Like 1

Follow the gater? Last week when it was much drier than today, even good riders were going round wheels in line. I don't know what to make of this. If this meeting goes ahead I'll take the flak, but if it's actually SPEEDWAY RACING It'll be a bloody miracle of track preparation. I know it's the last meeting etc etc, and the guys come all the way from Plymouth, but two things come to mind. Firstly rider safety, and secondly cost to the punters. It looks like a fingers crossed gamble to me by the promotion.

Are you suggesting we won't be entertained royally this afternoon?