British Speedway Forum

1. Nick Morris 8.84

2. Lewis Blackbird 4.93

3. Leigh Lanham 7.16

4. Cameron Heeps 6.74

5. Rohan Tungate 7.05

6. Josh Bates 3.00

7. Adam Ellis 4.25

Several other options at #1: Worrall, Grajczonek, Lawson...

Thoughts?

No Lanham, he has tweeted that Ippo have told him to look elsewhere!! Edited by diamond@heart

No Lanham, he has tweeted that Ippo have told him to look elsewhere!!

Probably means Risager is nailed on now, although I really hope not. Rather have Doolan myself..

Probably means Risager is nailed on now, although I really hope not. Rather have Doolan myself..

or a significant overhaul.

Interesting. May or may not mean that he's in Louis' plans. Pretty quiet on the Witches team building front so maybe the promotion are still working out which way to go team building wise.

Ellis won't have a problem getting a team place in the PL, so if Louis does want him in the 1-7 he better hurry up and offer him terms before someone else does.

Think we'll regret not signing him again if he goes elsewhere.

I can't imagine Louis wouldn't want him at Ipswich, we've seen the difference a 2nd season in the PL at the same club can do with Cam Heeps, I understand Adam had said that he second hand bikes last year which let him down from time to time and next year he is getting new bikes - so with his 1st season of PL racing under his belt on inconsistent machinery I'm sure Louis wouldn't want another club to reap the benefits.

Plus on his current average he's certain to increase that by 1-2 points come this time next year.

Edited by Ipswich Jules
  • Like 1

How about

Worrall

Wells

Tungate

Heeps

Jorgensen

Worrall

Bates

Feel sorry for Leigh one of the real nice guys and I'm sure he'd have loved to stay.

Hope he gets fixed up quickly elsewhere and I'm sure he will.

Must be the worst part of a promoters job having to tell riders they're not in your plans, especially local lads like Leigh but that's business I suppose.

Looking forward to some positive team news tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 2

That would do! but we always sign someone from left field, like a Mills or Makinen.....

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

I can't imagine Louis wouldn't want him at Ipswich, we've seen the difference a 2nd season in the PL at the same club can do with Cam Heeps, I understand Adam had said that he second hand bikes last year which let him down from time to time and next year he is getting new bikes - so with his 1st season of PL racing under his belt on inconsistent machinery I'm sure Louis wouldn't want another club to reap the benefits.

Plus on his current average he's certain to increase that by 1-2 points come this time next year.

Totally agree. Would be a shame not to include him now after his years experience this year and almost certain to up his average.
  • Like 1

No Leigh is a bit of a shocker. Lanham and Ipswich never seemed a good fit in the past for whatever reason but he seemed to settle down quite nicely the last couple of seasons.

I've absolutely no doubt he'll come back with his new team and be a right pain in the bum as he always has in the past!

Lanham, Heeps and Tungate all seemed to get on well in the middle order both on and off the track, maybe all will be going to pastures new!

Mike Bacon has tweeted that the Witches number 1 will be announced in the Ipswich Star tomorrow.

One from Worrall, Allen or Lawson? I'll go for Ritchie Worrall.

So Adam is after a team place and now Leigh, and with a new number 1 that's 3 changes. Looks like my worst nightmare that morten may be staying. As for the number 1, please don't let it be Allen. Lawson has left Workington and Ritchie Newcastle, so it could possibly be one of those, please don't let it be lawson.

So who now for the 2nd heat leader spot? Doolan, Bjerre or Wells?

for me Wells would be best bet, please not Kevin, won't Rohan be our second heat leader?

You woukd expect that if Leigh and Adam are both looking elsewhere then the line up is finalised subject to the ink drying on the contracts.

• Like 1